Hello from Philadelphia

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
City
Philadelphia
Country
United States
I am a lurker mostly because my interest in royals is only a couple of months old and I really don't know anything. I swear, it started off primarily because I was looking up info on my homegirl Princess Grace of Monaco. Now I'm getting obsessed.

I hope to learn here - I've visited several sites and this one seems the most well-rounded.

(and yes, I know my forum name is misspelled :p )

Hello, Prinz Oberon, and welcome to the forums. Once you've joined here, all is lost; you've become part of the great obsession that's known as The Royal Forums. Fear not, I'm sure you'll enjoy your time exploring all things royal.

And since Prinz is German for the title "prince," I don't consider that a misspelling at all.

:previous: Yeps.. what she said!

I came here because on a whim, I did a search one year for Ascot hats. I've been drawn in, educated, hopelessly addicted and settled in my spot here with coffee and donuts. :D

Ah.. yer in Philadelphia eh? Hope you're not a big Flyers fan as I *know* the Detroit Red Wings are THE hockey team from Hockey Town! :p I escap.. err transplanted to WV but still love my Wings. Oh sheesh.. now I want some buffalo hot wings...

Just remember ONE thing.. there ain't no such beast as a stupid question. Ask and you will get answers.

OH as far as your name... if we shorten it to CPO and put a 3 between the C and the P, you'd be C-3PO. And no.. I'm not really a Star Wars fan.

Last edited:
:previous: Yeps.. what she said!

I came here because on a whim, I did a search one year for Ascot hats. I've been drawn in, educated, hopelessly addicted and settled in my spot here with coffee and donuts. :D

Ah.. yer in Philadelphia eh? Hope you're not a big Flyers fan as I *know* the Detroit Red Wings are THE hockey team from Hockey Town! :p I escap.. err transplanted to WV but still love my Wings. Oh sheesh.. now I want some buffalo hot wings...

Just remember ONE thing.. there ain't no such beast as a stupid question. Ask and you will get answers.

OH as far as your name... if we shorten it to CPO and put a 3 between the C and the P, you'd be C-3PO. And no.. I'm not really a Star Wars fan.

Ahem...I do believe MY Toronto Maple Leafs are the hottest team in the NHL at the moment. Just sayin... ;) :)

Welcome to TRF!! There is no such thing as a stupid question around here, so please just jump on in when and where you feel comfy. :)

Ahem...I do believe MY Toronto Maple Leafs are the hottest team in the NHL at the moment. Just sayin... ;) :)

Welcome to TRF!! There is no such thing as a stupid question around here, so please just jump on in when and where you feel comfy. :)

As always, opinions can and will be honored.

Toronto is a beautiful place and when I started following hockey, most of them came from Canada. Then again.. Orilla is up the street and down the road of my favorite singer Gordon Lightfoot.

Hockey just ain't what it used to be.

Welcome. Philadelphia was my birth place many years ago although I haven't lived there for quite some time. Still loyal to the Eagles and hope every year! Most of my family still live in Pennsy. You will learn quite a lot from this forum as long as you realize some members seem to have their own agendas. The historical, well documented messages wonderful. Personal opinions take with a huge grain of salt.

Welcome. Philadelphia was my birth place many years ago although I haven't lived there for quite some time. Still loyal to the Eagles and hope every year! Most of my family still live in Pennsy. You will learn quite a lot from this forum as long as you realize some members seem to have their own agendas. The historical, well documented messages wonderful. Personal opinions take with a huge grain of salt.

:previous: yah what they said

Hello :wave:, and :welcome: I hope you enjoy your time here. This is a great site, and has so much to offer. I have no opinions on hockey, even if I grew up in the former USSR, and spent a good deal of time with my mom's brother, who lives, eats, and breathes hockey. Even wanted to become a pro at one time, but my grandmother was against it, because she didn't want him to get seriously injured. Well, according to mom, and grandma, he still ran around their Moscow flat, with a hockey stick, 'practicing' his 'moves', which earned them all many an earful from a very crabby, downstairs neighbor :D.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! Looking forward to learning more and more.

Yes Winnie, I was born in Mt. Airy and now I live in South Philly, a few minutes away from the Italian Market, which is not good for a person's waistline.

Yes Winnie, I was born in Mt. Airy and now I live in South Philly, a few minutes away from the Italian Market, which is not good for a person's waistline.
Oh you lucky person. Some of the best food ever! I do so miss Philly & NJ food.

Oh you lucky person. Some of the best food ever! I do so miss Philly & NJ food.
Oh, too bad. Do you miss scrapple, cheesesteaks and Tastykakes? So do I, my nutritionist has banned them from my shopping list.

How about hoagies? Are you banned from those as well? :cool:

pf course I am!!! All of the good stuff Gracie!

Groan.... and now I'm really starting to crave all of the above. Its the 1st of the month and time to go grocery shopping!

Welcome to The Forums, Prinz Oberon (what a cool username :flowers:).

I hope you'll enjoy your time here, and I'm sure you'll learn a lot.

I've always been addicted to Royalty, mainly because I'm from a Monarchist family.

Greetings from Brazil!:flowers:

Welcome! Once you are here you will never leave LOL!!! It is a great place to be :)

Welcome to The Forums, Prinz Oberon (what a cool username :flowers:).

I hope you'll enjoy your time here, and I'm sure you'll learn a lot.

I've always been addicted to Royalty, mainly because I'm from a Monarchist family.

Greetings from Brazil!:flowers:

off topic: thank you BrazilianEmpire, I must confess I never realized there was a monarchy there until I stumbled upon your comments!:)

off topic: thank you BrazilianEmpire, I must confess I never realized there was a monarchy there until I stumbled upon your comments!:)

Oh, we had two Emperors and a parliamentary democracy from 1822 to 1889, then some bastards from the army made a coup d'état, followed by 99 years of dictatorship. And now we have a communist pig - and ex-terrorist - as President.

Thanks God we still have our non-reigning Imperial Family.

Oh, we had two Emperors and a parliamentary democracy from 1822 to 1889, then some bastards from the army made a coup d'état, followed by 99 years of dictatorship. And now we have a communist pig - and ex-terrorist - as President.

Thanks God we still have our non-reigning Imperial Family.

You have just given me much to read about, so I am off! Thank you:flowers:

You have just given me much to read about, so I am off! Thank you:flowers:

Oh, you're welcome, Andolini.

It's nice to see foreigners interested in our Monarchical past, the "Golden Age of Brazil", as my father usually calls it.

PM me if you have any questions.

I think it'll be better if the moderators move our conversation to one of the Imperial Family of Brazil thread.

Back
Top Bottom