Hello from California!

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tyger

Serene Highness
City
Los Angeles CA
Country
United States
I was just told about the 'Royal Forums' and am amazed at its size and complexity. Looking forward to a lot of reading and learning new things.

I have always loved royalty, ever since I saw two old films many, many years ago when I was impressionable - 'The Swan' with Grace Kelly (the last film she made before she transitioned to being a real-life Princess) and 'Anastasia' with Ingrid Bergman and Yul Brynner (that one got me going on the Romanovs and all things Imperial Russian - and led me to Tolstoy's 'War and Peace' - before school did). I have loved the story of Catherine the Great and all the Tsars.

Particularly, I have had a fascination with all the Louis of France - for sure the Sun King but his grandfather, too. And then, of course, all the tumult of Napoleon - but I came to that via another film, 'Desiree', with Jean Simmons and Michael Rennie and Marlon Brando. From that I developed a fascination with the Bernadottes of Sweden and all things Swedish - Michael Rennie! (Sigh' - ;) )

So, in general I have a great fondness for looking at monarchy across a wide spectrum. Love the Scandinavian royalty, etc.

See you on the Boards! :flowers:

Tyger

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom