Hello, everyone, from sunny Florida USA

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

windsong

City
Largo
Country
United States
Just wanted to pop in and say hi. I'm a YA fantasy author and am researching everything I can on King Ludwig II. If you know any unusual tidbits about this enigmatic man, I'd love to hear from you.

Welcome to the Forums. You will find the Search Forum feature works very well. That could lead you to some of our resident experts. Just a thought.

Thank you for the kind welcome. I've already started looking around the forums. It looks like a great site.

Welcome.

It's a very warm and accepting community for the most part. I hope you enjoy yourself.

Are you writing a period/historical novel or one set in present day with historical figures?

:welcome: I hope you enjoy the site and find what you're looking for.

I'm toying with a YA/NA historical piece. I visited Neuschwanstein, Herrenchiemsee, and Linderhof as a child and remember them all very well. I wish I had personal pictures but what I'm finding on the web and in books is helpful. It would really be fantastic to speak with someone who knows the area very well around Neuschwanstein and Hohenschwangau. Paths Ludwig may have taken on his night rides as well as anyone who has information on the people he kept in his service. There are a few names that keep reappearing, but then there are others I have no idea who they are, i.e. Count Berlioz and Duke Pfeitmeister (Hornig refers to Count Berlioz in a letter to Ludwig dated November 1871 and Ludwig refers to Pfeitmeister in his diary entry around the same time). It appears Pfeitmeister traveled with Ludwig to Berlin to visit Frau Vogl and Count Berlioz was the Haus-Meister of Linderhof while Ludwig was away. Despite my research, I cannot find these names mentioned anywhere other than in the letters and diary entries. It's these sort of details I'm looking for. The people who deceived him. The ones that offered up false or exaggerated reports to the Government Commission which led to the 'insanity' documentation used to remove Ludwig from power.

I deeply appreciate anyone who may be able to offer up any ideas, stories from the area that may have been passed down over the years. Fables and legends of Ludwig are also appreciated as much historical fiction are weaved around these glorious tales.

Thank you so much for your interest and help.

hello,

I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. My name is Cyndi and I am from Texas. I currently live in Austin, Texas. I lived in Amsterdam for many years and I was there when maxima married her prince. Anyway :) drop me a line if you want because I currently have zero friends and its lonely lol

Cheers

Cyndi

hello,

I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. My name is Cyndi and I am from Texas. I currently live in Austin, Texas. I lived in Amsterdam for many years and I was there when maxima married her prince. Anyway :) drop me a line if you want because I currently have zero friends and its lonely lol

Cheers

Cyndi

Welcome to TRF Cyndi! This is a great place to be and you'll "meet" people from all over the globe. Anything and everything pertaining to anything royal is here!

Back
Top Bottom