Hello everyone!

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tiara66

City
New Jersey
Country
United States
Hi, I'm Melissa and have been a history buff, especially British Royal History, since I was 10. Both my parents are huge history buffs and passed their fascination with royalty onto me. My Mom also has a passion for jewelry and must own at least 5 books on the British Crown Jewels and the extraordinary collection of the Windsors. I look forward to getting acquainted with other royal watchers and exploring the forum.

Oh, here's an interesting factoid. In 1938 my grandparents, while travelling through England, attended a garden party at Buckingham Palace and were introduced to King George VI and Queen Elizabeth. Cool, huh?

:welcome:
Fascinating story :), enjoy your time here :flowers:

Welcome, Melissa! :flowers:
Thanks for sharing your story - it must have been fascinating for your parents to meet George VI and Queen Elizabeth.

Last edited:
Hi, Melissa, and welcome to the forums. What a wonderful story about your grandparents meeting the King and Queen; royal interest must be genetic! Have a great time here.

Hi Melissa :wave: and :welcome: What an interesting story! I think many on this forum would consider something like this a royal watcher's/supporter's dream-come-true. I've met Prince Frederik and Princess Mary of Denmark, and still can't get over the fact that I was literally in the presence of royalty while browsing through the Farmers' Market at Union Square. How lucky for your grandparents to have met the late King George VI and Queen Elizabeth (the Queen Mother). Both are quite fascinating people.

Hi there, Nice to meet you I'm new too :)
That would have been a fun time. Royals are a quirky bunch eh?
Hope you enjoy your adventures to come!

Welcome to you as well, Turtlefd! I hope you enjoy your time here on the forums.

Back
Top Bottom