Hello everyone

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DavidS.

City
Lisbon
Country
Portugal
Hello everyone - I begin by apologizing for a long-greetings-post.

It's an honor to be a member of these forums - and I hope I will be able to contribute to such a grand cause, which is the maintenance of the memory/ history of all world's Royal Houses.

I guess I should introduce myself now...

As some may have already noticed, my name is David de Sousa, I'm 22 years old, and I'm currently living in Portugal (in its capital, Lisbon). I have enrolled in a Lisbon university - in History, to be more precise. And I'm starting second semester this monday. The reason I only started university when I was 20, is mainly because after I finished high-school (I was 18), I had an oportunity to go to Spain - which I did, and spent approximately 1 year in Spain, Madrid (well, in El Escorial). A Catholic priest (and great-friend) gave me this very special book - "Juan de Austria, el Ultimo Cruzado" by Louis de Wohl. I was stunned by it!

My Spanish, according to native Spaniards, and not to brag myself, was really good. Today? I shamefully lost almost all vocabulary I've learned there, as well as the accent. Anyways, when I came back to Portugal, I wasn't able to enter the university (the dates to apply had already passed) and I had to remain one year away from studies. It was during this time that I had the chance to read a lot. And so, I fell in love with King Manuel II, the Monarchy, and basically everything else. But I have to give the due tribute to Juan of Austria and his father, Charles V.

I have no political party affiliation... and I have to confess I feel very dissappointed with the situation in my country. I am Roman Catholic. I love reading - my favorites being history-related books and Discworld/ Star Wars books; playing computer games - you can find me in Steam or SWTOR; hanging out with friends, learning more about the history of Portugal and the Portuguese empire; and old movies; (I also confess I am more of a home-sweet-home person).

My favorite historical characters are definately: King Manuel II of Portugal and Queen-Consort Amelia of Portugal; King Carlos I of Portugal; King George V of the United Kingdom; Tsar Nicholas II of Russia; Prince-Consort Albert of the United Kingdom; Kaiser Wilhelm II of Germany; Charles V of the Holy Roman Empire and Spain. I also have a keen interest in John Adams and Thomas Jefferson of the United States; Otto von Bismarck of the German Empire; Margaret Thatcher and David Lloyd George of the United Kingdom.

My favorite Royal/ Imperial Houses are the House of Hohenzollern, Romanov, Saxe-Coburg and Gotha, Braganza-Saxe-Coburg and Gotha and the Orleans. I also love Royal/ Imperial regalia and protocol.

Welcome, David. Enjoy your time on the site. It's quite wonderful and has a lot of great information.

Hello, David, and welcome to the forums. Enjoy your time here posting; I'm sure you'll get a lot of information on all your areas of interest.

Welcome, David. Nice to see another "fan" of George V's.:)

Hello & welcome David S :wave:

Welcome to TRF, I hope you enjoy posting as much as I do!

Back
Top Bottom