Hello everyone...

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rivallon

City
Albion
Country
United States
Hello... not sure where to start ... but i'll tell you a lil about myself...

I joined this forum with the hopes of finding other people that share my passion and love for history. Since I was very little i've always been fascinated by history -- the more ancient or medieval... the better. As a child I dreamed of being a knight... and someday living in a castle --- and that dream never faded.

I'm somewhat of an old soul (although i'm only in my mid 20's). While most kids were out playing ball... I was reading every history book/encyclopedia I could get my hands on. I drew maps of fantasy kingdoms for fun... and was skilled with calligraphy before I even reached high school. My mother instilled in me a love for family and genealogy-- and over the last several years i've been passionately researching my family tree.

In the course of my research i've found several of my French-Canadian ancestors are descended from nobility ... or are suspected to be so. While there are many who would deny these lineages for lack of "hard evidence" ... I try to keep an open mind. History has been written and rewritten many times -- and despite the best efforts of historians - nothing can be proven without a doubt. It's only by keeping an open mind that further discoveries can be made -- otherwise the "facts" are the "facts"... and that's it.

I never dreamed that I would discover lineages that lead back to European Nobility and Royalty -- but it's been a fascinating and exciting journey. I'm mindful that i'm one of thousands with shared ancestry ... and i'm not interested in staking my claim for any title (real or imagined). I continue my research because of the thrill of discovery ... and there's always something new to learn. I enjoy researching fascinating and remarkable lives -- no matter their circumstance or station. I admire the strength, and wisdom of monarchs who served their kingdoms well -- and hope to emulate similar qualities in my life.

So I come here with the hopes of finding kindred spirits... people of like interest and passion. I have much to learn... and much to share.

Hope to hear from you soon...

--rivallon

Welcome to the forum, rivallon! You'll find a lot of people here who are interested in history, so you've come to the right place.

Back
Top Bottom