Hello everybody! / My online survey

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Julia_Germany

City
Leipzig
Country
Germany
Hello everybody,

my name is Julia and I am 16 years old. I am from Germany and currently attending Year 11 at grammar school. In Germany we have to take exams which are similar to GCSE examinations. A part of these exams is to write a research paper. And this is the reason I joined your lovely forum because I need your help. :lol: The topic of my research paper is the importance of the British monarchy for the United Kingdom and the Commonwealth realm in the 21th century. Therefor I'd like to do a survey with people who are currently living in the United Kingdom or the Commonwealth realm.

It would be great if members from the UK or the Commonwealth realm would participate and help me to finish my research paper! :flowers:

This is the link to the survey: http://goo.gl/forms/Jy0P6qsTZ7
:previous::previous::previous::previous::previous::previous::previous::previous::previous:

The survey is completely anonymous. The results will be shown to my english teacher and a small audience of about 15 people when I have to present my research paper.

Thanks in advance and greetings from Germany :)

Good luck with your studies - I have completed your survey for you.

I completed the questionnaire as well. You asked good questions.:flowers:

Thanks to everybody who has already completed my survey. every answer is helpful :)

I have completed the survey but I think you missed a question:

Which Commonwealth realm do you live in?

Different realms have different relationships and the monarch has different roles to play so how an Aussie sees the monarchy may very well differ from how a Canadian sees the monarch and different again to someone from a country like Tuvalu.

I have also completed your survey for you - good luck with your exams and I hope everything goes well. :flowers:

I completed your survey as well. Best of luck in your presentation!

I've completed your survey - best wishes for your exams and for the future :flowers:

I've just completed your survey, Julia. Good luck with your research paper.:flowers:

I've completed the survey as well, and I have to echo Bertie's opinions - you might want to add the option to specify which Realm people are from, as there are some realms that are typically more republican than others.

I would make a note, for the Commonwealth Realms, we don't pay taxes to support the monarchy in a way similar to how the British do (and even then, the British don't even pay the taxes to support it that they frequently think they do, although Bertie can explain that far better than I can). I don't pay taxes that support the British crown, I pay taxes that support the Canadian crown and the Queen of Canada's representatives within Canada. Likewise, I don't consider the British monarchy to be a current cultural symbol of Canada, but I do consider the Canadian monarchy to be a current cultural symbol of Canada - that they are connected and take form in the same people is irrelevant, there's still a distinction to be made.

Happy New Year! :) I'm sorry that could not reply to your posts the last few days but I've been on vacation.

To the missing question about where the Commonwealth people come from: I planned to put that question in but I simply forgot that when I created the survey :( But now it's too late to add that question...

And also thanks for explaining to me the tax payments of the Commonwealth realm. I'm a bit lost with a few things in my reasearch paper because my english teacher can't help me with some things and I can't find an answer to my questions on the Internet or in books sometimes...

Back
Top Bottom