Hello! Brand new anglophile here!

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Paradise

City
N/A
Country
United States
Hello All,

I'm so happy I found a royal message board! Did you ever notice that most social media groups make you feel even more separated from the people you're trying to connect with? I've made more friends off of message boards than any other online platform. So I'm so thrilled to find one where I can meet others who share my love of the British and all things royal.

My name is Paradise, I'm 34 years old, and from Northern Virginia in the states. I'm third generation American, my ancestry being almost entirely British. England and the UK still feel like home to me, and I hope someday to come back to it for longer than just a vacation.

I love the British Royals, especially Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II and Princess Diana of Wales. I love Diana's boys and have always felt like I was growing up with them, being born right in between both of them. My favorite king is King George VI. What a class act. Anyways, I could continue rambling, but I'll save that for other topics!

Last edited:
Welcome Paradise! Lots of Anglophiles here!

LaRae

Yay! That's always good news. I look forward to meeting more Anglophiles! I see you're from the Midwest. My mother's side of the family is from Missouri. My grandmother was both British and Midwestern, talk about stiff upper lip! Hee, hee. Where are you from?

Missouri here! I'm from the South, mom's family is from here and we moved back here when I was a kid. Dad's family is in the south.

Small world!!!

Impatiently waiting for Meghan and Harry to get on with it!

LaRae

I'm Aussie, Paradise. Welcome to the forum, you'll feel right at home here, I'm sure. I love and admire the Queen too, who is our Head of State as well. Also, good to see that you like Diana!

Welcome Paradise ! You will find plenty of information here on any Royals you happen to like !

Welcome, from England....

Missouri here! I'm from the South, mom's family is from here and we moved back here when I was a kid. Dad's family is in the south.

Small world!!!

Impatiently waiting for Meghan and Harry to get on with it!

LaRae

[FONT=Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I'm not a huge fan of Meghan & Harry, but I'm so glad you're enjoying them! :) I'm so excited Kate's going to have another baby!

Missouri, very cool! What city? My dad's family is also southern, and when my parents got married, my mom did move with him to the east coast. My mom's a Pisces and wanted to be near an ocean. ;) The food in Missouri though is phenomenal. Soooo many good restaurants. One of my favorites is Andres. Have you ever been there? I miss it.

[/FONT]

I'm Aussie, Paradise. Welcome to the forum, you'll feel right at home here, I'm sure. I love and admire the Queen too, who is our Head of State as well. Also, good to see that you like Diana!

Hi Curryong! Australia, very cool. And you're lucky the Queen is your Head of State. A lot of us in the states often joke (but for real), "Do you think we could talk her into taking us back?" lol. Yes, I am a huge fan of Diana. I did a great deal of crying in August. I miss her a lot.

Welcome Paradise! I don't follow the BRF as much since the death of Diana Princess of Wales- she fascinated me and I LOVED reading about her- but I do love reading about British Royalty in general and British history with a passion. And you have come to exactly the right Forum because the British and Commonwealth posters here are really smart and well informed.;)

Have fun!?

Bonjour, Paradise! I have English ancestry through my father.

Wonderful! I'm from Portland, Oregon. Diana, her sons, and Meghan brought me here along with interest in Brit lit & history, etc.

Hi there, interesting, In my case, I am South African. My enthusiasm was sparked by having inherited my late Step Fathers entire Fine Arts Studio and Collection,
The Collection has everything to do with British Royalty of yesteryear since 12 Century however , my attempts to share the very unique and rare treasure with Europe out of Africa has been fruitless in the least.

Back
Top Bottom