Hello, all!

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dutch

Commoner
City
West of the East Coast
Country
United States
First off, never in a million years did I anticipate being "sucked" back into the BRF, but here I am. LOL

I was a huge and I do mean HUGE Diana (and by extension) RF fan back in the day. ( In fact, I just recently threw out about 6 garbage bags full of magazines, books and newspapers that I had saved from those days. I did save the really important stuff though, so never fear.) My best friend and I visited GB in 1988 and were able to attend the Trooping the Colour that June. We were able to get right up to the gates and see the whole bunch up on the balcony and it's something I'll never forget. Diana was RIGHT THERE, and while we were close enough to get a really good view, our pictures make it look like we're a million miles away. Oh, to have had today's technology then, right?

I had a very acrimonious break up with the RF somewhere around 1993-94 and had sworn off the whole lot of them after the week between August 31st and September 6th, 1997. Oh sure, there were flashes of my past obsession here and there - like the time my husband and I were on vacation in London in March of 2000. After watching the Changing of The Guard, I told him that there was a day where I would have given anything to see a member of the RF, but I wouldn't even cross the street to see one of them nowadays. Right about then a swarm of people started running past us, yelling something about the Queen Mum. Needless to say all grumbling about the RF ceased as I yelled "Get her! Get her!" at my husband, as he was the one with the video camera, ( which I'm pleased to say we did), but I still wasn't ready to renew our relationship.

Then came the announcement of Will and Kate's engagement, and when I saw that ring back in the public eye, well... all of the old feelings came rushing back, both good and bad and here I am. I don't know how long I'll stay, but I'd imagine up until the wedding is a given.

I look forward to poking around your forum and seeing what I've missed over the years. :eek:)

Hello!

:welcome: (well actually, welcome back lol!)

Hello from another HUGE Diana fan! I have 2 shelves full of Diana stuff.... Sounds like you and I have a lot to talk about!

Welcome!

Like you, I had a huge interest in the BRF when I was in high school and college (mid late '90s to maybe '04), but then it waned due to my shift into the story of the last Imperial Family of Russia. I came back to the British eventually (I can't seem to get off this forum for longer than ten minutes at a time). I guess 'first love', no matter in what sense, never leaves you.

Hope you enjoy your posting and experience here.

Back
Top Bottom