Hello all!

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sonneveld

City
Sacramento
Country
United States
Hello All,

I'm Steve, and I've just found this site. My family name is Sonneveld Von Boetzelear. My biological father had always stated that the Von Boetzelear family was a Royal family, and I am just exploring to find out if there is any truth to the tale.

I may have the spelling a bit off... In the area of the United States where I was born, the last name had to be shortened and I was given the last name of Sonneveld.

If any one has any suggestions as to where I should search or post inquiries to further my efforts in this regard, please let me know. I'm not opposed to research, however directed research is ALWAYS preferred!

Thanks in advance!

Hello!

I'm an amateur at forums and I'm curious about royalty. So I thought it would be interesting to join this forum. I'll eventually get the hang of it, I guess.

Kim

i'm new here!

hello... i'm new here

i'm interestested on royals...

sonneveld said:
Hello All,

I'm Steve, and I've just found this site. My family name is Sonneveld Von Boetzelear. My biological father had always stated that the Von Boetzelear family was a Royal family, and I am just exploring to find out if there is any truth to the tale.

I may have the spelling a bit off... In the area of the United States where I was born, the last name had to be shortened and I was given the last name of Sonneveld.

If any one has any suggestions as to where I should search or post inquiries to further my efforts in this regard, please let me know. I'm not opposed to research, however directed research is ALWAYS preferred!

Thanks in advance!

It may be that "Sonneveld" itself is the surname, and "von Boetzelear" describes the place (village, region, etc.) that the family originated in / came from. I'm sure you understand the respective meanings of "Sonne" and "veld," so your surname is actually very descriptive as to the origins of your family. The "von Boetzelear" was likely left off in the US because it was considered auxilary and not a part of the formal surname in the American format.

van Boetzelaer is a noble family in The Netherlands btw, so maybe your family originates there? I believe they are barons. The name is not noble in combination with Sonneveld btw. Sonneveld is a dutch surname to. My guess is that a Sonneveld married a noble van Boetzelaer and they added her last name to their own family name, hence the combination. It happens sometimes.

Hello!!! I' m Lalabel and I' m a new memeber so I don't know very much about this site. I live in Canada and I love royal family of spain.

Back
Top Bottom