Hampton Court Palace

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nicki8100

City
derby
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I am a bit of a newbie to all this, i am actually looking for a bit of advice. My Gr Gr Grandmother resided at Hampton court palace in the early 1900's. Does anybody know how i can find out when and who she resided with. I know the apartments were called Grace and favour appartments but i would like to know if there is a list of residents anywhere so that i can confirm this info.

any help would be great

thanks
Nicki

Well, I'd say the best start would be with your family- did she leave any letters or papers from that time?
Other than that, I'm not sure- maybe another member can help with that one, but Good luck on your search!

Welcome to the Royal Forums!

Hi Nicki, welcome! Have you looked at the 1901 on line census? The next one, 1911, is out in 2009.

You could write to Hampton Court Palace and ask if they have any records available to the public or if they know of anyone you can write to.
Most estates keep records going back years and years of former employees and people living in the grace and favour cottages and apartments. :flowers:

Hi Nicki, welcome to our little family!

while i don't know what direction to point you i hope you find something out AND let us know the details. good luck.

Back
Top Bottom