Hail and well met!

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brossi

City
Union City
Country
United States
I am so glad I have found this site!

I have been drawn to historical stories since a small child. To grow up and be a princess, of course, was the start of it all. As I grew older and I discovered historical romances, the history part started to lure me further and further into the past.

My sister, who wanted to be Queen, also enjoyed my enthusiasm, decided to check out our ancestry. We knew we were English, French, Wales with Irish and German thrown in. With alot of help, she was able to trace us back to William the Conqueror! Apparently, we are from the female line of the L'Estrange Huguenots. They landed in Virginia and changed their name to Strange.

We have Civil War heros, 1800's plantation owners (with/without slaves) and lately...ME!

I never did grow up to be a princess, but I sure do enjoy reading about them!

ps. My sister also did not grow up to be a Queen, but that's never stopped her from acting like one! (love ya sis!)

Brenda

Hi Brossi!
I am a lot like your sister- Grew up wanting to be Queen or Princess Di! Never happened for me either!
That is how I got hooked on royals!
And yes, as a teen had a massive crush on Prince William!
Roseroyal

I am so glad I have found this site!

I have been drawn to historical stories since a small child. To grow up and be a princess, of course, was the start of it all. As I grew older and I discovered historical romances, the history part started to lure me further and further into the past.

My sister, who wanted to be Queen, also enjoyed my enthusiasm, decided to check out our ancestry. We knew we were English, French, Wales with Irish and German thrown in. With alot of help, she was able to trace us back to William the Conqueror! Apparently, we are from the female line of the L'Estrange Huguenots. They landed in Virginia and changed their name to Strange.

We have Civil War heros, 1800's plantation owners (with/without slaves) and lately...ME!

I never did grow up to be a princess, but I sure do enjoy reading about them!

ps. My sister also did not grow up to be a Queen, but that's never stopped her from acting like one! (love ya sis!)

Brenda

i can totally relate to you...glad you joined us. :) however, i AM a princess, and not by my daddy but by my husband too. if he doesnt treat me like a princess i can throw a royal fit. :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom