Greetings, I Have Some Questions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DanielJDunn

City
Liverpool
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, just joined and i just want to ask a few questions about some general things:

Are royal or noble houses legal, for instance do they have to be registered and accepted, like coats of arms? Or are they just spoken, if that's clear enough.

Could for instance a Baron create a noble house, like 'House of Something', or is it just restricted to higher nobility or even just royalty?

Also in terms of a royal or noble house names, if say the 'Duke of Somewhere' had 3 children a daughter and two sons, the eldest son would inherit the title could the other children be called 'Daniel of Somewhere' (not legally but just for a name). I ask this because many sons and daughters of titled men and women use their real name instead of the way it was presented in nobility years before. Or is this just a uncommon thing nowadays.

If a man without a title married an only daughter of a titled man, like 'Duke', would his title pass on through his daughters of titled and the man she married children? Or does it become extinct?

Thanks in advance for any answers. :)

Back
Top Bottom