Greetings from Virginia in the United States

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rawsilk

Commoner
City
A Connecticut Yankee
Country
United States
Hello, everyone! I attempted to make my first posting in this forum using another browser and was unable to type anything, so I am trying again using Internet Explorer.

As the title of my thread says, I live in the state of Virginia in the United States. Queen Elizabeth and Prince Phillip visited here this year to commemorate the founding of the English colony of Jamestown 400 years ago. (I should go look that up. Plymouth Bay Colony was founded in 1620, I think, so if a major anniversary was celebrated it had to have been 375 years or 400. 375 years ago would have been 1632 and I know that Jamestown was founded long before then!)

As an American an the daughter of Quakers I really believe in equality, but it has never dampened my interest in royalty, particularly British royalty. I have some University degrees in history but I have huge gaps in my knowledge of British history. I have become fascinated by certain charaters and events and read voraciously about about them while totally neglecting other periods.

I love the attitude of the moderators on the the two wives of Prince Charles: that there should not be a dispute on the board that descends to, "my Princess is better than your Princess". Like everyone, I loved Lady Diana when she first entered the scene. I have grown to love and greatly admire the Duchess of Cornwall since she has come to the attention of the public. I wish that she already had all the rights and titles she is due as the wife of the Prince of Wales.

That is probably enough to introduce myself. I am glad to be here!

Oh...and I am a woman although I chose Peter Phillips as my icon. I just find him adorable. The Princess Royal (Princess Anne) is more or less my age. He could be my son!

Welcome to TRF, rawsilk! Looking forward to seeing you contribute in the British forum (and anywhere else that interests you too, of course!). :britflag: :amflag:

Thank you for the welcome, Elspeth. I am not sure whether I will have anything of substance to contribute in the British forum unless I research something! Your members are all more knowledgeable than I am! I have, recently, been doing some research on tiaras and have learned a bit about many worn in the Royal Family. I believe there are separate fora for jewelry?

rawsilk

Indeed we do; the jewellery site is here

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f20/

Threads about tiaras in general will be in the Chit Chat subforum, but threads about jewels of specific royal ladies will be in the main jewellery forum. Have fun checking out the threads!

hello

hi and hello to all of this foram,i m from pakistan and an engineer, here is no any prevous experience of mine to be involved .I think any forum provide to exchange ideas ,views some coloural links to each other.here one con share what like mind be touched..........

Hello Roshan and welcome to the Forums. We are a very diverse community with members from all over the world so please don't be shy about contributing. :)

Back
Top Bottom