Greetings from Ohio, USA

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LadyTopaz

City
Mount Vernon
Country
United States
I'm pleased to have found this delightful community, and with so many people who have similar interests. Like some of you, I am interested in history and genealogy and have an assortment of royals and nobles meandering through the family tree. I think the aspect of this that is the most fun is that so few distant ancestors have any personal information available unless they were public figures. It is so much more enjoyable to discover that a umpteenth-great-grandfather liked fishing and working in the garden than to simply have a name and some dates. :) I also love to find paths in which some of the distant ancestors from different branches of my family have encountered each other. My two favorite examples so far:
1. My avatar is my many-times-great grandma on my father's side whom the Boleyns, Seymours, and Howards shared, and on my mother's side, Archbishop Thomas Cranmer is brother to another of my grands. My husband and I just finished watching The Tudors and enjoyed keeping track of the relatives portrayed in it. :D
2. On Mom's side, Thomas Cecil, 1st Earl of Exeter and son of HRM QEI's Lord Burghley, is my 11th great-grandfather. When he died, his widow Frances Elizabeth Brydges married the 3rd Sir Thomas Smith/Smyth, son of the Sir Thomas who helped fund the English fleet to defeat the Spanish Armada. Sir Thomas's brother John is my 12th great-grand on Dad's side.
It's a little like "6 degrees of separation."

Hello, Lady Topaz! Wish you fun and a lovely time at this forum! :ROFLMAO:
Greetings from Poland! :flowers:

Hello LadyTopaz. I'm from Ohio too. :)

Back
Top Bottom