Greetings from Atlanta

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kristens

Gentry
City
Lilburn
Country
United States
While I've been on the forum for a while, I don't think I've ever posted a greeting so here goes. I live in Atlanta where I've just finished working for 11 years in the health care products business. For fun I ride (hunt seat although eventually I want to get into dressage) and that has lead to being a volunteer with a therapeutic riding program.
I keep up with the British royal family and also the Swedish, as that's my heritage. Princess Astrid of Belgium is someone I keep an eye out for as we are about the same age and I admire her style

Hi, Kristens

:welcome:

With your interest in dressage, I can recomment also following Princess Nathalie of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg and her mother Princess Benedikte of Denmark. Both of them are very skilled in dressage. Princess Nathalie won the team bronz medal at the olympics in Beijing 2008.

Anyway - have fun on TRF :flowers:

Thanks Lilla,

I think I recall that Princess Benedikte was here in Atlanta for the 1996 Olympics. I was a volunteer, but it unfortunately was long before I was interested in riding and equestrian sports. The 2010 equestrian worlds will be held in Lexington, Kentucky and I've signed up to be a volunteer at the dressage events. As you're Danish, I'd appreciate and tips on protocol. Thanks. K

The 2010 equestrian worlds will be held in Lexington, Kentucky and I've signed up to be a volunteer at the dressage events. As you're Danish, I'd appreciate and tips on protocol. Thanks. K

How very interesting Kristens, I hope you will meet the two Princesses. And yes you are right, I am Danish and as such living in the Kingdom of which Benedikte is Princess - but I don't know much about protocol.

There is a thread about protocol here on TRF that might be of some help though:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f162/

There is a special thread about bowing and curtseying which might be especially relevant.

Thanks for pointing that thread out to me, much appreciated

Welcome, Kristens!

Thanks SGL and Annie. I don't know where you are SGL, but here winter's over!

Hi kristens & :welcome: .

You seem very intelligent person.
I hope you'll enjoy in TRF. Have a nice day!:flowers:

TD

Thanks Turkish Delight

Well, at least I think I'm reasonably intelligent:) You folks had a special visitor last week and I enjoyed watching it on tv

Back
Top Bottom