G'day mates!

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nudge

Commoner
City
Brisbane
Country
Australia
i am sorry for failing to introduce myself earlier. With two convicts in the family tree, I qualify as Australian Royalty!:)

Interestingly I was a republican until the Referendum in 1999, upon which after hearing both sides put forward their respective arguments, I became an avowed monarchist!

My reason for republicanism was selfish:

As a child, I lived two doors down from the British Consul's residence in Queensland. He had the only swimming pool in the street, and his wife used to invite us local kids to swim there during summer holidays. One day, dad received a knock on the door from the Federal Police, saying we could not swim there for a couple of days due to the presence of a VIP staying there.

Turned out it was Prince Charles.....

I am a student of history, so the subject of royalty past and present fascinates me.

Cheers to all.

Hello and :welcome:. I hope you enjoy your time here!

(And it's OK not to introduce yourself when you immediately become a member - I think it's good for new members to spend some time navigating around the forums and experimenting with posts before posting their introductory message.)

Last edited:
Two convicts on your family tree; what a great pedigree! :D Welcome and enjoy your time here on the forums.

Last edited:
:welcome: I hope you enjoy your stay.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using The Royals Community mobile app

:auflag: Welcome Nudge, from a fellow Aussie and fellow avowed monarchist. I'm sure you'll have a great time posting here, you already have!

I find it interesting when people bring back up an old post. The OP posted their comment in March, 2014. A quick look at their public profile showed that they joined on the 6th March that year and that they haven't been on the board since the 23rd March, 2014. Why then comment on a poster who hasn't been here for nearly a year and was only here for about 2 weeks anyway? Seems strange to me.

Back
Top Bottom