The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Community Forums > Member Introductions and Updates

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-11-2007, 10:40 AM

Cool First Greeting from an Aussie Girl to EVERYONE!!!!

G'Day to you all!!!!

My name is Sigourney. I am a 24 years old Aussie girl (with Taiwanese heritage). I live in Brisbane (the sunshine city!!!!) in Australia. I am currently a university student and study at University of Queensland.

My first interests in royal family began with the influence of Princess Diana of Wales and Crown Princess Masako of Japan. While living in Taiwan, I was only able to receive news or information on British and Japanese royal family. So I did not know the existence of other royal families until I moved to Australia with my family in 1996. However, my true understanding and my interests of other European royal families didn't develop until the death of Princess Diana. Her death cause me want to know more about how other European or other royal families treat their family members (I mean the one that married in not the one was born in royal family) esp. those who became princess by marriage.

My first true interests in other royal family began with my sudden discovering of Princess Alexandra of Denmark (who now is known as Alexandra Countess of Frederiksborg). Since then I have became a huge fan of Princess Alexandra (Still prefer to call her Princess Alexandra). However, it is very hard to get her information in Australia. Thanks to an unofficial website that was dedicate to her, I am able to keep close information on Princess Alexandra.

Anyway, through my thirst in knowing Princess Alexandra, it open my eyes and my understandings to other royal families. The reason why I am so interesting in royal families is because I am interesting in finding out how different or how similar royal families are from normal citizens.

I joined the Royal Forums because I want to know more about varies royal families. In Australia, it is still very hard to get information on other royal families other than British and Danish (Aussie's interests in Danish royal families didn't began until the marriage of Mary Donaldson to Prince Frederik of Denmark) royal families. The only way to get information on other royal families is to go online (thanks for internet!!!). So that's why I joined TRF.

Anyway, nice to meet you all and hopefully I will learn more by join this forums and many other forums!!!

Ciao for now!!!!

Sigourney!!!!!

Old 04-11-2007, 11:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Welcome to the forum. I look forward to reading your posts.

Old 04-11-2007, 03:17 PM
Royal Highness

Hi Asagi;you're welcome and have fun