Felicitations from Yorkshire

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lizangela

City
Hull
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone, and jolly nice to meet you all.
I have had a keen interest in the British royals just about all my life, and as I am now retired, that has been quite some time! I don't pretend to have any great knowledge about them, or about royal history, but I am sure I will learn a lot more by being here.
I spent my childhood growing up in London, and every week there was an outing. It was often to the palace, to see the changing of the guard and that sort of thing. Unfortunately, it was wasted on me at that young age and I so wish now I had been more attentive!
Well I am off to have a look around the site, and hope to contribute to the forum now and again.
Liz x

Hello, Lizangela, and welcome to the forums. How nice that you lived in London and have fond memories of the activities at Buck Palace. Enjoy your time here; you're certain to pick up loads of information on all your favorite royals.

:welcome: I hope you enjoy your time on the site.

Hello!
Are you near Thirsk( biggest James Herriot fan on the planet)! How far is Hull from there? Did you ever meet Herriot?
As a big British Royals fan myself, one of my fondest memories of our 3 week family vacation to the UK 4 years ago is the trip to BP, and sightseeing around London and Yorkshire!
Lucky you!

Last edited:
Thank you for all your lovely welcomes.
Roseroyal- I am a good way from Thirsk, but my dad used to live in Sowerby which is a sub district of Thirsk, and also where the Vets practice was. Herriot was the vet my dad used to care for his dogs, but his real name was White. Darrowby was the fictional name for Sowerby.

Roseroyal- I am a good way from Thirsk, but my dad used to live in Sowerby which is a sub district of Thirsk, and also where the Vets practice was. Herriot was the vet my dad used to care for his dogs, but his real name was White. Darrowby was the fictional name for Sowerby.
Wow!:cool:
Did your dad know the head vet, a Mr. Sinclair, ( Siegfried in the book ) as well?
Siegfried was /is my favorite character in the books/on the show- am a massive Robert Hardy fan as well.;)

Last edited:

Wow! That is pretty interesting. I happen to love 'All Creatures Great and Small', and always enjoy reading stories/memories of those who knew the people the series and books were based on.

Wow! That is pretty interesting. I happen to love 'All Creatures Great and Small', and always enjoy reading stories/memories of those who knew the people the series and books were based on.
You know me Daria.....
When I see a new member from Yorkshire, I just have to ask.....:lol:;)

You know me Daria.....
When I see a new member from Yorkshire, I just have to ask.....:lol:;)

Oh, I figured that as soon as you saw this thread, you would come on and ask. It's such a small world, and one never knows whom one might bump into, whether it's on the web, or in person.

Back
Top Bottom