A Newbie Royalist from Los Angeles

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MichelleQ2

Serene Highness
City
Los Angeles
Country
United States
hello! My name is Michelle and it is so exciting to be here. I feel as though I have found kindred spirits. Where else am I going to find people just as obsessed (er...curious) with whether the Queen gave Kate those earrings or if they were a gift.... and what is the royal connection - I want the history, all of it. The royal houses of Europe all seem to be an amazing road map that at one point all roads lead to Victoria.... you gotta love the family tree!

I'm a long time loyalist - primarily BRF afficianado.... but enough of royalty geek to love them all. I'm old enough to have stayed up for Charles & Diana's wedding and 30 yrs later to have hosted a Pajamas & Tiaras Slumber Party for Will & Kate's (Pacific time wedding coverage was at 2am).

Love Love Love the Queen, think Prince Philip has a wicked sense of humor and is quite dashing for a 90 yr old (Charles is not aging nearly as well as his father), tired of Sarah crying and feeling sorry for herself - she is her own worse enemy (beginning to think her & Andrew really are perfect together), loved Diana but acknowledge her faults (she definitely could have handled a few things better), admittedly I still resent Camilla and have a hard time watching her wear tiaras larger than the Queen's, and I think Princess Anne is still the unsung hero of the family. Zara's wedding just looked splendid with lots of happy people - as it should be.

And, I am oh so cautiously optimistic for the future of the British Monarchy with Will & Kate.

hello! My name is Michelle and it is so exciting to be here. I feel as though I have found kindred spirits. Where else am I going to find people just as obsessed (er...curious) with whether the Queen gave Kate those earrings or if they were a gift.... and what is the royal connection - I want the history, all of it. The royal houses of Europe all seem to be an amazing road map that at one point all roads lead to Victoria.... you gotta love the family tree!

I'm a long time loyalist - primarily BRF afficianado.... but enough of royalty geek to love them all. I'm old enough to have stayed up for Charles & Diana's wedding and 30 yrs later to have hosted a Pajamas & Tiaras Slumber Party for Will & Kate's (Pacific time wedding coverage was at 2am).

Love Love Love the Queen, think Prince Philip has a wicked sense of humor and is quite dashing for a 90 yr old (Charles is not aging nearly as well as his father), tired of Sarah crying and feeling sorry for herself - she is her own worse enemy (beginning to think her & Andrew really are perfect together), loved Diana but acknowledge her faults (she definitely could have handled a few things better), admittedly I still resent Camilla and have a hard time watching her wear tiaras larger than the Queen's, and I think Princess Anne is still the unsung hero of the family. Zara's wedding just looked splendid with lots of happy people - as it should be.

And, I am oh so cautiously optimistic for the future of the British Monarchy with Will & Kate.
:previous: Hello!
I am from Australia - and relatively new too! - I joined awhile ago but was "off-line" for a long time! lol
I am happy to have another BRF fan to chat too!
I am amazed at how many Americans are fans, considering they are not 'linked' anymore! lol (I thought you all worshipped Hollywood/Rock celebrities and even politicians as Royals ha ha ha).
I agree with everything you posted, bar one point....and here is where the forums are good - you can voice your own opinion & hopefully they are respected and read positively - don't let any negative response upset you!... I think that Camilla is Charles life-long love and I am happy that they are finally together.
I am a huge Di fan, but am sure that she 'strayed' before he did; she had many lovers -he only had one love.
IMO = In My Opinion.

Have fun on TRF - I look forward to chatting with you!

Hello & welcome Michelle Q2:flowers:

Hi and :welcome:!

I too am a huge fan/follower of the BRF, and a royalist/monarchist to boot (and believe me, that gets me teased a great deal here in the States, since most people I've come across in real life see the Royals as an extension of Hollywood [totally disagree with that and am NOT a fan of Hollywood by any means], and feel that monarchy itself is useless). I think the Windsors are in great hands for the future (though we never know what will actually happen, I'm attempting to stay 'cautiously optimistic' about this, as yourself).

Anyway, hope you enjoy your time here. There's so much wonderful information, it's overwhelming sometimes.

:welcome: dear how LA ? :flowers: if you want help we here all for help you :flowers:

Last edited:
:previous: Hello!
I am from Australia - and relatively new too! - I joined awhile ago but was "off-line" for a long time! lol
I am happy to have another BRF fan to chat too!
I am amazed at how many Americans are fans, considering they are not 'linked' anymore! lol (I thought you all worshipped Hollywood/Rock celebrities and even politicians as Royals ha ha ha).
I agree with everything you posted, bar one point....and here is where the forums are good - you can voice your own opinion & hopefully they are respected and read positively - don't let any negative response upset you!... I think that Camilla is Charles life-long love and I am happy that they are finally together.
I am a huge Di fan, but am sure that she 'strayed' before he did; she had many lovers -he only had one love.
IMO = In My Opinion.

Have fun on TRF - I look forward to chatting with you!

I remember having a conversation with a professor several years back about this, and she said that what people consider 'royalty' in the States is absolute well...disgrace to the rest of the world. I really do shudder when I hear people sing praises to some politicians and celebrities who really couldn't care less about behaving correctly and actually attempting to help others who are less fortunate (Matt Damon comes to mind, when he talked about the fact that it was not a problem to increase taxes since he could afford to pay them....yeah, what about the rest of us who cannot and are attempting to make ends meet while looking for work?...yeah, not exactly polite or considerate).

Anyhow, sorry for the double post, I have yet to learn how to quote multiple posts at once.

:lol:LOL, great intro post! You'll fit in just fine; have a wonderful time here and welcome!

Back
Top Bottom