The Miller Family 2: July 2008-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think the woman's last name can become an issue during the divorce proceedings like any other asset being fought over. The husband could ask that she not be allowed to continue to use his last name, or the wife could revert to her maiden name of her own accord.

In a divorce, at least in US, the women has the right to keep her husbands last name so if Alexandra wants to keep VF she can...

Most women, especially if there are children involved....like to keep the same last name as their children.

Post divorce surname is a personal matter

thanks!!!! it is true ....Diana's first husband, should receive some sort of benefit for his wife, She uses his surname as a prestigious brand design

Prince Egon Von Furstenburg died in 2004 and, from all accounts, he got along superbly with his ex-wife Diane (not Diana) after they split years ago. Why does she "owe" him or the estate any "benefit" if that wasn't what either of the two insisted on when they divorced? It's her right and if he didn't care about this why should any of us?

As for Alexandra, she helped her then mother in law, Diane, successfully re-launch the DVF wrap dress in the 90s and had 2 beautiful children (grandchildren to Diane) before Alexandra's split from Alex (who initiated this; it is said that Alexandra was devastated by the split). Diane has publicly recognized that it was Alexandra's idea to re-launch the famous dress, which became instantly popular with many of Alexandra's wealthy and well dressed 20 something friends. From all accounts, Dianne still adores her ex daughter in law and has been extremely supportive of Alexandra's furniture business. Alexandra still attends DVF fashion shows with Diane's grandchildren (even with her ex and Ali Kay in attendance). Alexandra appears to have contributed greatly to the VF family. So why shouldn't Alexandra keep the VF surname if she wants?

Event ! Here is a recent video of R Miller and family celebrating the 50th Bday of M Miller's business, DFS, in Hong Long I think. Many pics of Pia, Alexandra, and even MC sending you (errr, the camera) a kiss. Mrs Miller and P Pavlos were there too. I can't precisely tell the date, maybe end of 2010 or beginning 2011. Great ambience apparently, enjoy...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bx9ruu7B3_0

Found some pics also, including one with MC, Alexandra and Pia. It was apparently in Nov 2010.
Picture Gallery: DFS celebrates 50th anniversary in Hong Kong | TheMoodieReport.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you sita - a great find. Enjoyed it!!! Wonderful to see whole family together.

I enjoyed the video, too. Sita definately knows how to please us. :flowers: Marie-Chantal and Alexandra are ageless first-class beauties. Pia is a marvel, she should always wear red! What could I possibly add about Mr and Mrs Miller...I shall raise my glass. May this journey continue for many more decades, To good health and prosperity!

Thank you, Sita. This is great! Mr. Miller has aged remarkably well. The whole family looked fabulous. Pia reminds me so much of the late actress Sharon Tate it's eerie.

Marie Chantal Miller has a sister named Monique that I met back around 1994. I have lost contact with her however Monique does not have the life style her sister has. As a matter of fact Monique lived quite poorly and I could not understand why her sister would not get her out of the situation she was in financially. Very sad... it seems to me Mrs. Miller is embarrassed by her family before marriage.

Thank you Frank22 and Wonder, what you brought is new to me. I must say there are often bad comments about Mrs Miller background, but I don't think there is so much to criticise. I mean, if I were to become super-rich because of my husband's job, I a not sure at all that my siblings would appreciate me to pay for their homes and everything. It is another problem if the siblings are obviously in need, of course.

Marie Chantal Miller has a sister named Monique that I met back around 1994. I have lost contact with her however Monique does not have the life style her sister has. As a matter of fact Monique lived quite poorly and I could not understand why her sister would not get her out of the situation she was in financially. Very sad... it seems to me Mrs. Miller is embarrassed by her family before marriage.

Mari chanta's mother, her real name was Maria Clara but she changed it by Marie Chantal, she has not a sister called Monica (I think),her sisters and brother are: Angela (Linda), Ines (Janeth), Jorge (George). Thanks by put it.

Last edited:
I think Mrs. Miller's background sounds incredibly interesting. I wish she'd speak more of it, but I can understand why she might want to forget it. I don't think being born poor is anything to be ashamed of. She couldn't help the family she was born into. And she is now light years away from the life. Though I hope she's not one to have forgotten her "roots." Certainly, with all her money she could afford to be a bit generous to family, though I agree she should not be taken advantage of (and I seriously doubt if she would ever allow that). I'd love to hear her story about coming from a small village in S. America to the woman she is now. I'm sure it's far more interesting than any of the histories of the blue-bloods and aristocrats she keeps company with. She should embrace her culture and heritage.

I do agree with you Bella, and I like the gentle way you put it. Also, if someone has the idea and capacity to translate the above article from Spanish, that will be a help. It seems it is quite a riche article, I understand bits because the language is not so different from French, but still...

Pardon, she has more sisters, Are: Ana, Ángela, Inés, Beatriz, Jorge and Norma

Last edited:
Norma's sister, in an interview with a newspaper in Ecuador, she lives in Ecuador, and is a family that is financially very well, said she got along very well with her sister and her niece, who she had been in New York to meet to Aristidis, and that every year her sister, Marie Chantal, traveled to Ecuador to see the family, she has properties in Quito, they talked a lot on the phone, and all years they are meet for the Thanksgiving Day.

thanks!!!!! Chantal Marie's brother was U.S. Army General .

Thats fabulous news for Alexandra. She is in engaged and looks healthy. I just wish she would tone down the hair color. It doesn't look natural. But I am very excited for her.

I can understand Alexandra wanting to keep her married name, it is the name of her children.

I have a feeling she will be keeping her von Furstenberg name, even though she'll be a Miller twice over after this marriage. Von Furstenberg is definitely more blue-blooded, unique (compared to Miller), her design business is under the AVF label and might want to keep the same last name as her TWO kids (the article said she had three).

Thats fabulous news for Alexandra. She is in engaged and looks healthy. I just wish she would tone down the hair color. It doesn't look natural. But I am very excited for her.

I was definitely happy to read the news about her. Glad she seems to be in a happy relationship, and though still super-slender, she doesn't seem anorexic.

And I would guess she's keeping Von Furstenberg for business/commercial purposes aside from sharing it with her children. It might seem strange to be Miller once again, but sometimes these coincidences happen :)

That's brilliant! I'm so happy for her, nobody should hesitate to start a new life with a new partner, and the sooner the better, as far as I'm concerned ;) Alexandra looks like sunshine, the 2nd marriage is always rejuvenating! At least it did wonders for me, if I may speak from my personal experience. Although I'm not going to reveal how many I have had so far, there are 3 sacred numbers a woman must never reveal: her age, her weight and her marriages. :lol:

@RubyPrincess168 Could you please remind us of that bridal look and post a picture? :flowers: What I remember quite clearly, now that you mentioned Alexandra's first wedding, is that it took place just a few months after Marie-Chantal's, in late 1995. In October I believe. ;) And I had read somewhere that it was such a hard time for Mr. Miller's pocket. :lol: Of course that was written in a light-hearted mood. His daughters are worth the best, all 3 of them so beautiful and graceful and also so accomplished, with their own families and successfull careers.

Her are some larger pics.
The Bride and Groom
The Newlyweds
Scenes from the Reception

One article mentioned her tiara was real (diamonds), belonged to the VF family and dated back to Napolean and Josephine. But we haven't seen the tiara since the wedding, or at least I haven't, and I don't know if this is true or not. It looks like it was made to look like the embroidery on the dress. And why not say it dates back to N&J - who can disprove it?

Thank you very much for the pictures! She looked quite aristocratic and of course very beautiful. The information concerning the tiara is also quite interesting. May I have a guess? Maybe the tiara was a loan from the VF family to Alexandra to wear it only on that special day of her wedding and then it returned to their vault?

The information concerning the tiara is also quite interesting. May I have a guess? Maybe the tiara was a loan from the VF family to Alexandra to wear it only on that special day of her wedding and then it returned to their vault?

But is it even a legit VF tiara? Can that be proven?

I can't answer these questions, unfortunately. I'm not an expert at Crown Jewellery or at the Jewels of the various princely families. :flowers:

Well,I wish Alexandra the best.And isn't it a coincidence that she is marrying a man who bears her maiden name?

Event ! Here is a recent video of R Miller and family celebrating the 50th Bday of M Miller's business, DFS, in Hong Long I think. Many pics of Pia, Alexandra, and even MC sending you (errr, the camera) a kiss. Mrs Miller and P Pavlos were there too. I can't precisely tell the date, maybe end of 2010 or beginning 2011. Great ambience apparently, enjoy...
(...)

Found some pics also, including one with MC, Alexandra and Pia. It was apparently in Nov 2010.
Picture Gallery: DFS celebrates 50th anniversary in Hong Kong | TheMoodieReport.com

Thank you for the video: I enjoyed this!

She can not be Alexandra Von fusgtenberg because she divorced her husband.She is Alexandra Miller, I've read that she lives in Los Angeles.
She is Alexandra von Fustenberg;women do not automatically go back to their maiden names.Alexandra has children who bear the name von Furstenberg,by the way.She is respectful of her children's feelings and has never aired her marital woes in public so that she and the von Furstenbergs are in polite cooperative terms with one another.

Back
Top Bottom