The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-29-2009, 04:42 PM
Serene Highness

If MC was to baptize to the 18 years old and she married to the 26 years old, she was catholic during 8 years??
Pia is the abbreviation of the catholic name and the name is Piedad.

Old 01-29-2009, 10:16 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menarue View Post
I have had a look at Mr Miller´s family tree and I have gone back as far as I could to about 1760 and not one jewish name and the list of daughters´ names just gives the name Pia, nothing about it being Olympia. The mother´s tree goes back about two generations only. If they had been Mayflower descendants I should imagine it would have been shown.
I don't know whether his ancestry is Jewish; however, I know Jewish families with the last name of Miller.

Old 01-30-2009, 06:46 AM
Royal Highness

Thanks for the Spanish version of the word,Beltraneja!Pietas in Latin.So it's 100% Catholic.About their surname,I believe it doesn't say anything,because many people from all over the world are named Miller:USA,UK,Germany etc.
Old 01-30-2009, 08:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

Also don´t forget that a miller was an essential member of any community way back when surnames were appearing.
Old 01-31-2009, 08:16 AM
Commoner

Lightbulb Alexandra von Furstenburg

I don't know if anyone has seen this, but there are some great photos of Alex and Diane on "CasaSugar" (This Just In: Alexandra von Furstenberg Unveils Modern Furniture Collection | furniture, This Just In, Lucite | CasaSugar - Home & Garden). Alexandra is with her former mother-in-law, and was launching her own line of furniture (06/06/2008)

MandysRoyalty :)
Old 01-31-2009, 11:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for the link, MandysRoyalty! It is nice to see that Alexandra and Diane are still close, even after the divorce. Her furniture is a bit too transparent for my taste, but it definitely looks like something that I would expect to see in Alex or MC's homes.
Old 01-31-2009, 11:28 AM
Royal Highness

Transparent? Right,which is her target group?Students?
Don't you think they both look very scary?
Old 01-31-2009, 12:04 PM
Commoner

I admit, I am not crazy about the furniture. Definitely dorm room! Also, Alex is far too skinny. That woman needs to eat!
Old 01-31-2009, 12:44 PM
Courtier

Alexandra does look a bit healthier looking than in the past - not as gaunt. She is not a great beauty.
The furniture is really ugly - looks like something for a beach house and probably costs a fortune!
Diane von Furstenberg herself is now talking about going into interior design.
Old 01-31-2009, 01:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamk View Post
Diane von Furstenberg herself is now talking about going into interior design.
Well that is something to look forward to.
Old 01-31-2009, 09:21 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iakynthi View Post
Don't you think they both look very scary?
Totally. Neither was ever a great beauty, imo. D Von always seems to have an expression of a wolf about to pouce on you. Alex's head seems way too big for her body. Sorry, I kno that's catty. I'm not into modern design or furniture so I'd pass, but it would probably look good in a trendy club or something.
Old 02-03-2009, 02:00 PM
Aristocracy

Alexandra looks great,much healthier than in the past,but I always thought that MC was the prettiest sister.Diane is not using too many artificial means to look phony-young and is aging as gracefully as possible.Diane could go the route of Joan Rivers and be overly pulled and tucked...but perhaps Diane could use a little less Botox in the forehead?
I am not a fan of modern furniture!
Old 02-14-2009, 06:51 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by misselle View Post
Alexandra looks great,much healthier than in the past,but I always thought that MC was the prettiest sister.Diane is not using too many artificial means to look phony-young and is aging as gracefully as possible.Diane could go the route of Joan Rivers and be overly pulled and tucked...but perhaps Diane could use a little less Botox in the forehead?
I am not a fan of modern furniture!
I always thought Pia was the most noble looking. In the the David Seidner portraits, she is photographed in profile, and I think her nose gives her a very regal look.
*David Seidner - Artwork (last picture)
Old 02-15-2009, 07:50 AM
Royal Highness

Nice portrait!Pia is beautiful,but I still think MC is the most royal-looking one.
Old 02-15-2009, 07:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

I agree, MC is the most royal looking sister.
Old 02-15-2009, 07:04 PM
Commoner

Alexandra looks like a trans or am i mean?In my country when we see women with an appearance alike Alexandra's,we call them dogs: "skilia"
Old 02-15-2009, 09:44 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raniaf4 View Post
Alexandra looks like a trans or am i mean?In my country when we see women with an appearance alike Alexandra's,we call them dogs: "skilia"
It's a little mean.Alexandra could gain a few pounds,but her look is almost the norm among socialites in New York and Los Angeles.I think it's a bit artificial,plastic-looking,but Alexandra is looking so much more healthy than she has in the past.I remember when rich women looked healthy,well-tended-to,but you could not say with certainty that they had work done on them by a plastic surgeon,dermatologist.Today it is obvious who's had lip-plumping,botox...that fish-pout,artificial smoothness is so noticeable!
Old 02-16-2009, 10:25 AM
Commoner

It is mean but also a truth!I wasn't speaking only about the fact that she has done plastics(nobody is blind).I was talking about the lack of feminity and the roughness of her face.When i see photos of her,i consider her as an immature and second-grade person with a bloated ego...
Old 02-16-2009, 10:44 AM
Royal Highness

I saw the article in Hello magazine showing off Alexandra's house and some of her furniture. While I can appreciate the modern look, it wasn't to my liking. Her whole house is black and white - the only color comes from the lucite furniture pieces. I understand they are limited edition pieces and can retail up to five figure sums! I couple other things stuck me: 1) she has silver boxes with a crest on the cover (vF ?) sitting on several tables. I want something like that!; and 2) there are two large portraits of herself in the house. One is of her in her underwear and it hangs above the living room fireplace. The other one is of her naked and it hangs in her bedroom. I wonder if that's really wise for a person who is a recovered anorexic to do.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:48 AM
Heir Presumptive

I must see that, fancy having a portrait of yourself in underwear in the living room!