The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-27-2008, 03:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Wow! I am surprised at this. I would never have guessed this about the parents. Marie-Chantal always states that she is so close to her father, and seems to project a warm image of him.

Old 11-27-2008, 03:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

That is what I surmised from previous interviews she gave. She had originally said that she was miserable at boarding school and wrote her parents a letter, her father always carries with him. In that same interview Point de Vue #3146 with Sabine Durrant) she said that her father taught her values, ethics, work and the sense of responsibility as well as the importance of following her dreams.
At the same time page 40 she mentions she remembers her mother on her bed trying to zip up a very tight pair of leather Chloe jeans. These are not my assumptions these are words MC told the journalist among other things. The interview was at the time she opened the London store.

Old 11-28-2008, 10:02 AM
Serene Highness

I would have bet it was the other way around.
Old 11-28-2008, 11:16 AM
Royal Highness

Why couldn't he be warm?I believe we should not confuse the professional life of a successful businessman with his personal life.Robert Miller could easily "switch" his mood the moment he returned home.He had 3 beautiful little girls.I would never be surprised if I knew that he showed them love and affection all the time!!
Old 01-12-2009, 12:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Here is a link to an article that recently appeared in an Ecauadorian newspaper about Marie-Chantal's parents:

Una ecuatoriana en medio de la realeza - ENE. 11, 2009 - Gente - Entretenimiento - EL UNIVERSO

This article contained a lot of things that I never knew, such as:
the Millers met on a plane to Hong Kong (I had always heard that they met in NY, where Mrs. Miller was working in a hair salon)
Mrs. Miller and Mr. Miller were married in Hong Kong, and Mrs. Miller was appointed to a committee that oversaw the transition of HK from the UK to China (??????-her brother even called her 'Lady Miller')

It was a very interesting article.
Old 01-12-2009, 02:50 PM
Aristocracy

I think I read that the Millers met in Paris!
Old 01-12-2009, 03:24 PM
Royal Highness

Hair salon...hmmm...so you're telling us that mamma Miller was either a receptionist or a hair-dresser...interesting :tonks:
Where has the "Incas Princess" gone?On vacation I guess
Old 01-12-2009, 04:10 PM
Heir Apparent

I cannot remember exactly where I read it, but according to the article, her aunt owned a hair salon in New York. She was working there (the author didn't say what she was doing), and that is how they met. It was most interesting to me that Mrs. Miller's brother referred to her as 'Lady Miller'. To my knowledge, she has not been granted a title. Perhaps someone knows more?

Edit: I have found it: See post number 57: The Miller Family 1: March 2003-July 2008

Here is another article that appeared in the same newspaper:

PrÃ*ncipe de Grecia quiere venir al paÃ*s para conocer orÃ*genes de su esposa - ENE. 11, 2009 - Gente - Entretenimiento - EL UNIVERSO

Again, Mrs. Miller's brother has been interviewed. He mentions that a geneologist, Ezio Garay, has discovered that there is a connection to one of the Spaniards who first settled in the region and a princess, who was the daughter of an Incan emperor.
Old 01-12-2009, 04:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

She could only be Lady Miller if her husband was knighted. Lady is impossible as you have to be born one or your father inherits a title and you become one like, Diana. She could have been made a Dame. I think it sounds like some make believe to me...but then who knows.
Old 01-12-2009, 05:00 PM
Royal Highness

Yes,and generally,isn't "Lady" a title well known among Anglo-Saxons only?I haven't heard a Catholic woman becoming a Lady.Perhaps,I'm wrong,but could you tell me what you think?
Old 01-12-2009, 05:15 PM
Heir Apparent

I have never read that Robert Miller received a title. Judging by all of the reports and interviews about MC and her parents, I would safely guess that this is false. You can bet that if they were titled, it would be mentioned in the media, just like "the last Incan princess".

Since the Millers are British citizens, they would be Sir and Lady (IF they had actually been granted a title). I found it really strange that Mrs. Miller's brother had two interviews so closely together in the same paper. He really wasn't sharing news of any recent events. It was (IMO) more like, "Look at me. I'm related to these people".
Old 01-12-2009, 05:22 PM
Royal Highness

In other words,he could do this on purpose to make it sound like she doesn't need an official title
Old 01-12-2009, 08:57 PM
Courtier

I think the brother just called her "Lady" as a nickname. Just like Princess Diana's siblings called her "Dutch" as in Dutchess, when she was growing up. I doubt it has anything to do with a title.
Old 01-13-2009, 12:10 AM
Serene Highness

I think there is much wishful thinking with this brother. A neice marrying into a (defunct) royal family does not mean he or his family are royal. That whole Incan princess thing was the result of Mrs. Miller's costume at an opulent party back in the late 70s. Dream on . . .
Old 01-13-2009, 06:20 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iakynthi View Post
Yes,and generally,isn't "Lady" a title well known among Anglo-Saxons only?I haven't heard a Catholic woman becoming a Lady.Perhaps,I'm wrong...
Anglo-Saxon is a generic term these days used for people of originally British (English) stock, Catholicism is a religion. They are not mutually exclusive.
There are plenty of Roman Catholic British aristocrats, and no doubt a large number of non-aristocratic Roman Catholic British (and Australian, Canadian, NZ etc) Ladies.
Old 01-13-2009, 02:24 PM
Royal Highness

I'm so sorry,Warren.I'm completely irrelevant to all these things,that's why I didn't even know how to express it
Old 01-13-2009, 02:26 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella View Post
I think there is much wishful thinking with this brother. A neice marrying into a (defunct) royal family does not mean he or his family are royal. That whole Incan princess thing was the result of Mrs. Miller's costume at an opulent party back in the late 70s. Dream on . . .

I agree with this Bella. I have read quite a bit on the Miller family, and in a variety of places, and this article surely seems to embellish alot of the family history. My own understanding is that Chantal Pesantes Miller is from a family of very modest means and, through marriage, she has done extraordinarily well for herself -- well bravo to her, but let's not embellish the past.
Old 01-13-2009, 10:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Emily and Bella, I totally agree with you. Chantal and Robert Miller have really seemed to shy away from the spotlight. It sounds to me like Chantal's brother was looking for attention, and trying to create an image that doesn't seem to correlate with everything else that has been written about the family. Chantal Miller doesn't seem like a very warm, friendly person; however, you have to admire the fact that the woman doesn't seem to go out of her way for publicity. She has stayed out of the limelight. I would love to know what she thinks about these two interviews.
Old 01-14-2009, 12:51 PM
Serene Highness

While I think it's commendable that Mr. & Mrs. Miller do not seek the limelight - and play off their daughters' connections - and that they maintain private (and imo dignified) lives, I do wish Mrs. Miller would talk a little about her family and her past. I have a feeling she remains almost secretive because she does come from modest (and that is being kind) means and I can only imagine how that must make her feel, despite her great wealth now, while traveling in circles of well-born, well-connected society-types, artistocrats and royals, most of whom were probably born w silver spoons. However, as I've said before, I personally would find her life story fascinating. She has def. passed through many worlds and I'm sure she has amazing stories to tell. Maybe one day she'll write her memoirs.
Old 01-14-2009, 01:04 PM
Heir Apparent

I would love to read her memoirs! She really fascinates me, and just once, I wish that she would give an interview. I have always felt, like you, that she most likely came from an incredibly poor family. I really doubt at least 90% of what her brother stated in his interviews.