The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-29-2008, 10:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Alexandra's hair looks really nice in this length. She also isn't as scary-thin as she has been in the past, and that is great to see. I do agree with everyone about her orange tan. It looks terrible. Why are women doing this? These spray-tans aren't so bad in person, but in photos they always look orange. The combo of the orange tan, and her haircolor is very similar to Donatella Versace (but she looks much better than Donatella, IMO).

Old 10-30-2008, 03:34 AM
Aristocracy
Royal Blogger

We're not the only ones who think she looks a little older...in the getty images I saw that one of the captions reads "Fashion designer Alexandra Von Furstenberg and mother Pia Getty."

Old 10-30-2008, 10:42 AM
Serene Highness

That's too funny. I'm sure Pia would be mortified if she's read that.
Old 10-30-2008, 11:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Poor Pia! Hopefully Getty will fix their mistake.
Old 11-05-2008, 06:49 PM
Royal Highness

You can google "Meet the Sisters" and find out more about them.Especially,in the front picture Pia with these purple glasses looks just like Elton John...enjoy!!

At least in the site I recommended you they are all much younger in the photos.Alexandra is still sweet.It's true that during the last years they started having small operations that changed them a lot.Especially,Alex has stopped looking natural.Let's pray that she won't do anything to her lips...
Old 11-20-2008, 02:14 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Pia Getty attends the Island Night fragrance launch by India Hicks in collaboration
with Crabtree & Evelyn, at The Metropolitan Hotel on November 19, 2008 in London.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
Old 11-20-2008, 05:06 AM
Royal Highness

Great!Thanks,iceflower!She looks better and much more healthier than the last time I saw her (I think it was at the MC's opening party on Sloan Str.).Good for her!!
Old 11-20-2008, 10:36 AM
Serene Highness

Thanks, Ice. You don't see as much of the "Miller Sisters" as you used to. I agree, Pia looks pretty good in these pics. Does anyone know if she's officially divorced now and if she's dating anyone?
Old 11-20-2008, 10:41 AM
Gentry

Anyone know what the Millers house looks like ? Did Chantal Miller train her daughters for high society ? Did they go to etiquette classes or finishing school ? I don't see why social climbing or teaching your children to enter high society is seen as wrong these days. Maybe i'm just a snob and a social climber
Old 11-20-2008, 10:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

From what I have heard the three Millers sisters had the best education that money can get. With a wonderful chalet in Switzerland and houses all over the world they didn´t need to climb very high to be in high society, I am not sure but I believe that although their parents weren´t born into it they were.
Old 11-20-2008, 04:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Pia looks great in these photos. She looks much better than in recent photos.
Old 11-20-2008, 06:36 PM
Serene Highness

I believe "social-climbing" is frowned upon because it showcases shallow vain aspects of people. There's no harm in bettering yourself - Mr. Miller, after all, is a self-made man who comes from a middle-class family - but I think to only date or marry or associate with someone because of what it can do for YOU is looked at as selfish and fake.
Old 11-21-2008, 09:34 AM
Gentry

I think most people who marry royalty have some element of social climbing . At least social climbers try very hard to fit in and after a decade or two you can't spot who was born with money and who wasn't. After all isn't this what were taught when we get told cinderella stories as children
Old 11-21-2008, 12:31 PM
Serene Highness

Yeah, but fairy tales rarely work out to our childhood expectations. It's not so much about singling-out social climbers as it is the measure of their determination. I agree with you that most who marry into royal families (even among royal families themselves) are in some way social climbing. I guess there are two types: the aggressive I'll-Do-Anything-Step-On-Anyone-And-Use-Whomever-I-Can type which tend to be malicious and indifferent to others' feelings and those that truly feel they can bring something beneficial to a marriage/family/etc. - and often do. Of course it helps immensely if there are true feelings invovled, but that doesn't always happen.
Old 11-21-2008, 03:28 PM
Gentry

Maybe if there's very little or no feeling involved then it might last longer. If you don't expect him/ her to be faithfull then you wont want to divorce etc. I still don't see how marrying well has become a no no these days. I think its as no better or worse than wantin g a certain job or lifestyle as long as your not forced into it
Old 11-21-2008, 08:40 PM
Serene Highness

Pia is identical to her mother, they are equal
Old 11-22-2008, 12:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Do you mean in looks? I agree, they do look very similar. However, I don't get the ice-queen vibe from Pia like I do from Mrs. Miller. Mrs. Miller scares me; she seems so cold and unfriendly.
Old 11-27-2008, 09:54 AM
Serene Highness

Somebody has a photo of the mother of Marie- Chantal smiling? I have seen to her in baptisms and other celebrations.... but she does not smile. She always is serious.
Old 11-27-2008, 02:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Pia always praises her mother's sense of style and elegance.
According to an interview with Sabine Durrant in Point de Vue #3146 MC says that her father was very strict, Not the type to bat an eye. Her mother was more inclined to spoil them and always impressed upon them the importance of being always presentable.
Old 11-27-2008, 02:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think appearances can be deceptive. There is a society lady of the same ethnic origin as Mrs Miller and she always looks so serene but when I saw her up close she was a very amusing and animated conversationalist. I don´t find Mrs Miller cold, to me she looks very dignified and elegant.