The Miller Family 2: July 2008-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Really?Do you think that Mama had the same influence on the other girls,too?
Because they seem to do exactly the same things:their style,the "high-profile" marriages,their lifestyle,the fact that they like publicity etc.Sometimes I get the impression that the 3 sisters have the same personality,like they are one(at least the differences I see are very slight)!!

Mrs. Miller thinks MC needs a makeover?! That woman needs glasses (and a course on interview etiquette and how to avoid making passive aggressive comments to one's children). MC has a very elegant style. These comments are very un-called for.

LOL I have the feeling we are gossiping about them but all these have been told to reporters and have been published. :whistling:Pia always says how much her mother influenced her and what a good taste her mother has etc. Pia is the most high strung of all 3 sisters. Alexandra the most laid back one and MC the iciest, most likely to make a good "royal"
The truth is that all nouveau riches want some validation of their worth and basically are social climbers. Mama made sure the girls were married off very very well and for the first round she did a perfect job. Pia and Alex are free again and hopefully this time they will do better.:ermm:

Last edited by a moderator:
Mrs. Miller thinks MC needs a makeover?! That woman needs glasses (and a course on interview etiquette and how to avoid making passive aggressive comments to one's children). MC has a very elegant style. These comments are very un-called for.

When I read that interview I was more convinced that Mama Miller has some resentment/jealousy in her for MC.
At some interviews early on, MC said that when she was in boarding school she was miserable and wanted to be home. At one point she wrote a letter to her father and he always carried it with him. It seems that she is closer to her father than her mother.

I have also read in interviews that MC and her father are very close. I just hope that MC doesn't act toward her children the way that her mother did with her.

I think she won't.I forgot to tell you that she stated that with emphasis:she's trying really hard not to make discriminations among her children.So,that's how we can explain this:perhaps she had this problem within her 1st family...

What she always said was that the children will be schooled locally and they will always come home at the end of the day.
To be fair, their parents sent the three girls in Switzerland to broaden their horizons and expand their circle of friends. They would have precious few opportunities if they remained in Hong Kong.

She's married to a Greek,after all.I don't believe that Pavlos or his parents could send the kids away at this young age.

From the (very few) photos I've seen of Mrs. Miller she def. does not look warm and inviting. I wouldn't think she'd have been a very nurturing mother, - but who knows - esp. where she shipped the kids off to boading school at a fairly young age (not that I'm knocking boarding school, my dad and my uncle were shipped off, too) but it just seems odd given the Mr. and Mrs. Miller's background: both coming from fairly humble (her especially) roots and from families who I doubt sent their kids away to school.

I have also read in interviews that MC and her father are very close. I just hope that MC doesn't act toward her children the way that her mother did with her.
I don't think she does. She seems far more "hands on" warm type of mom.

I cannot know what sort of mother she is/was. I however, can understand why she sent the girls away. When the money started piling up she wanted them to have good chances to marry well. I do not know how they could have done that if they stayed in Hong Kong and came home to cookies and cocoa every day after school. She looks tough as nails and managed to keep her family intact.
Most parents want for the children more than they had so it would have been natural to push them all up and out. You are correct she came from humble background and she did not want anything to do with it.
The girls were raised like princesses before any nobleman was in the horizon.:whistling:

Mama Chantal always looks grumpy in photos and also older than her husband. He looks like a fairly decent guy.
I always thought that Pia was the most beautiful of the sisters; however, in the last few years she has looked so haggard and awful. I put the blame at her husband's feet. He was romancing another woman - I am sure that Pia wore herself out trying to hold her family together. With the husband out of the picture now, maybe she can rebound and live a happier life.
Alexandra never should have married Alexandre - he was running around with other women both before and after the marriage. I think that Alexandra tried very hard to always look thin and "with it" knowing that her husband had an eye for other women.
I wonder if in spite of their divorce she still loves him? He's such a creep. I know that for a while she dated Tim Jeffries (Man about town) while she lived in London, but that didn't last and then she moved to Los Angeles to be close to Alexandre for the sake of the children.
Marie Chantal - what can I say? She has certainly aged well.
As for meeting rich, available men - you need money to run on those circles and lots of it! And the Miller girls - thanks to Daddy's money - were able to get invited to THE parties and events where such an occurence would happen. A private chalet in Gstaad doesn't come cheaply. You need time to socialize and a regular job doesn't give you the free time to spend the summer gadding about Europe with your royal friends.
And just because a person has a royal title doesn't mean that they are rich nowadays.

I cannot know what sort of mother she is/was. I however, can understand why she sent the girls away. When the money started piling up she wanted them to have good chances to marry well. I do not know how they could have done that if they stayed in Hong Kong and came home to cookies and cocoa every day after school. She looks tough as nails and managed to keep her family intact.
Most parents want for the children more than they had so it would have been natural to push them all up and out. You are correct she came from humble background and she did not want anything to do with it.
The girls were raised like princesses before any nobleman was in the horizon.:whistling:
This is indeed very true.

I agree that Pia was once the most beautiful of the three sisters, but I don't think it was just dealing with a cheating husband that stole her looks prematurely. Too much sun, not enough sleep, excessive drinking, smoking and dieting can all kill a woman's looks before its time. I think it was alot of these things that contributed to her beauty downfall.

I never thought Alex was attractive. She always looked too fake and too much like she was trying to fit a certain (blonde, blue-eyed) image of which she is not. If she had played up her S. American traits rather than struggle to look WASPy, I think it would have worked better for her. Natural is always better. She was def. the one More In Love in that marriage. Sad. I'd assume she still is in love w him. I read someplace once that she had been in love with him since they were kids.

Actually,I find Alexandra a little bit ugly.About Pia:I never thought she's the most beautiful.IMO,MC is the prettiest.At least she has more elegant,aristocratic features.
I never new about Pia's past and lifestyle:it's really interesting.How about the other girls?Did they have the same bad habbits?

We're really getting well off-topic here. This is the Greek Royal Family Forum and while it is arguable that we even have a thread on the Miller family in this forum, discussion of one of the sister's ex-husband's new fianceé has no relevance whatsoever to the Royal Family.

On a similar tack the Administrators are concerned at the amount of gossip being passed off as discussion in this thread. For example, a post I have just removed began with "Once I had stumbled across a site where a previous girlfriend of Christopher Getty recanted the stories...".
The Miller family as a whole is fairly private, not that much is known about them and genuine "news" is thin on the ground. Much of the material in this thread (part 2) is rehashing what has already been posted in part 1. While we understand that repeating internet and magazine gossip in the absence of real susbstance is an enjoyable way to fill the news vaccuum, it is not the sort of material we encourage.

Warren
for the Administrators and Greek moderators

We're really getting well off-topic here. This is the Greek Royal Family Forum and while it is arguable that we even have a thread on the Miller family in this forum, discussion of one of the sister's ex-husband's new fianceé has no relevance whatsoever to the Royal Family.

On a similar tack the Administrators are concerned at the amount of gossip being passed off as discussion in this thread. For example, a post I have just removed began with "Once I had stumbled across a site where a previous girlfriend of Christopher Getty recanted the stories...".
The Miller family as a whole is fairly private, not that much is known about them and genuine "news" is thin on the ground. Much of the material in this thread (part 2) is rehashing what has already been posted in part 1. While we understand that repeating internet and magazine gossip in the absence of real susbstance is an enjoyable way to fill the news vaccuum, it is not the sort of material we encourage.

Warren
for the Administrators and Greek moderators

Warren. I want to apologize for whatever I posted so far that may have caused any concern. (The above quote is from one of my posts.)
In my defense, I understood the thread to be devoted to the Miller family and not the Royal family so I went along. Whatever I have posted I have read in interviews given by the principal members of the Miller family. Granted the father is an extremely private reserved person. I felt if I post here thoughts and ideas already expressed in the media by the members of the family themselves, I was not falling into the gossip trap.
Again, my apologies to anyone I may have offended.:flowers:

Much of the information on the Miller sisters is pretty dated now. There was a ton of publicity on the Miller family right before MC's wedding. After that - and Alexandra's wedding - the publicity machine seemed to dry up and now we only get bits and pieces gleaned from the London newspapers and glossy magazines like "W" and decorating magazines - a once-in-a-blue-moon article in Vogue or Pointe de Vue ---- and that's it. And these are articles about the three sisters.
Robert and Chantal Miller are extremely discreet. I have never read about nor seen a photo of Chantal Miller lunching at New York restaurants with other society women.
Nor do the Millers seem to chair charity events. They are very, very private.

I always thought that Alexandra is more like a California girl,Pia a New Yorker and MC a European.Does anyone else share the same thought?

A question:
Has Robert Miller good relatioship with their children and special with Alexandra? Because when Marie Chantal christening to their sons in Greece I did not see them ...I do not know as is Robert Miller. Is he conservative?If he is conservative, I think that he can not like the life of Alexandra

That's a good question.But I can't answer it,my friend.Another thing that I never understood has to do with both of them,but especially Mama Miller,because she's a woman:I never saw her hugging her grandchildren or just holding their hand or at least smiling...Not a single photo!!Have you noticed that,too?

it is true, She does not smile in the photos. She seems a distant person

A question:
Has Robert Miller good relatioship with their children and special with Alexandra? Because when Marie Chantal christening to their sons in Greece I did not see them ...I do not know as is Robert Miller. Is he conservative?If he is conservative, I think that he can not like the life of Alexandra

The Millers were present at all of their grandchildren's christenings.

That's a good question.But I can't answer it,my friend.Another thing that I never understood has to do with both of them,but especially Mama Miller,because she's a woman:I never saw her hugging her grandchildren or just holding their hand or at least smiling...Not a single photo!!Have you noticed that,too?
Yes, I've def noticed it. I've rarely seen pics of her w any of her grandchildren, actually. Maybe she's more warm and nuturing in private - let's hope. And sorry but based on the photos I've seen, she doesn't even seem very happy.

You don't have to apologise,Bella.Of course she never seems happy and she has never ever even tried to smile to the cameras or be a little bit friendly and "human"...

the millers were present at all of their grandchildren's christenings.

Robert and her wife have been in all christening ...but Alexandra and Pia , I did not saw in christening of odisios

I have not really noticed. Actually in one of the latest Point De Vue issues they had Pia with on of the Chandris. I do not know if they are friends or dating but they looked chummy.

I guess Chandris are a very rich family,shipowners or something,so it wouldn't surprise me at all if they're dating...

I think MC is the prettiest of the three sisters. I´ve never met her personally, but , judging by what I have seen of the family, I think she is a happy married woman and also a good mother. As for keeping the kids studying near home, that´s also a plus. What a cruel thing to send children to far away boarding schools.

chandris is owner of a cruise line ....and he is divorced.he has two sons.
Too, getty was very rich .
I don´t know very things about Pia,she has four sons but. Are all sons of getty? I read something about her ..and i have very doubts....

I agree with you, carminha stalker...the three sisters are very differents.

Back
Top Bottom