The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-20-2008, 11:14 PM
Gentry

Mamma Miller is from a poor Indian (indigenous) people--about as far from aristocratic as one can get. Mr. Miller is not much higher (as far as aristocracy, not personally).

Old 09-21-2008, 12:51 AM
Courtier

I always figured Mama Miller didn't come from wealth when MC claimed in W mag that her mother was a descendent of an Incan Princess. Other than that they never spoke of Mama's side of the family.

Old 09-21-2008, 06:41 AM
Royal Highness

She stated something like that???How serious she is....
Of course,we can all claim that our ancestors were royal...For example,"My great grandfather,who was from Asia Minor,descented from the last Byzantine Emperor,Constantine XI Palaiologos".How is that?LOL
Old 09-21-2008, 11:44 AM
Serene Highness

Mr. Miller grew up in Quincy, MA and is from a typical middle-class family. I know people who know the family; he still has relatives in the area. He is a self-made man and has no blood ties to European aristocracy/royalty outside of his daughters' families.
Old 09-21-2008, 12:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Bella, do you know if the Miller sisters have stayed in touch with their father's side of the family? I have always had the impression that they weren't in touch with the mother's side, but I've never known anything about their relationship to their paternal relatives.
Old 09-21-2008, 01:44 PM
Serene Highness

I don't know. I've been trying to get info. on that. I want to say they don't. The only thing I've ever heard is that alot (and I don't know what that implies) of the family wasn't invited to MC's big wedding in London.
Old 09-21-2008, 03:07 PM
Gentry

here is her 2 short hair's pictures

http://www.sebastianpiras.com/photog..._m-chantal.jpg
Old 09-21-2008, 03:12 PM
Royal Highness

Oh my God,thanks a lot,sriwadee!!Do you know how old she was?
Old 09-21-2008, 03:52 PM
Heir Apparent

I have heard two versions of this story. The first version is that some Hong Kong friends gave the nickname to Mrs. Miller, and the second is that Mrs. Miller herself made the statement. Either way, it is a ridiculous thing to say.
Old 09-21-2008, 10:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

I read an interview Mama Miller gave and she was asked about fashion and said that if there was one person she could "make over" that would be MC. She said she always advises her and she says...Yes mummy........
Now one thing MC has in abundance is fashion sense and good taste. I do not know what more Mama Miller can do for her. Perhaps Mama is a tad jealous and created that myth of the Inca princess lineage to be on MC's level....
Old 09-22-2008, 06:34 AM
Royal Highness

Really?Do you think that Mama had the same influence on the other girls,too?
Because they seem to do exactly the same things:their style,the "high-profile" marriages,their lifestyle,the fact that they like publicity etc.Sometimes I get the impression that the 3 sisters have the same personality,like they are one(at least the differences I see are very slight)!!
Old 09-22-2008, 11:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Mrs. Miller thinks MC needs a makeover?! That woman needs glasses (and a course on interview etiquette and how to avoid making passive aggressive comments to one's children). MC has a very elegant style. These comments are very un-called for.
Old 09-22-2008, 11:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

LOL I have the feeling we are gossiping about them but all these have been told to reporters and have been published. Pia always says how much her mother influenced her and what a good taste her mother has etc. Pia is the most high strung of all 3 sisters. Alexandra the most laid back one and MC the iciest, most likely to make a good "royal"
The truth is that all nouveau riches want some validation of their worth and basically are social climbers. Mama made sure the girls were married off very very well and for the first round she did a perfect job. Pia and Alex are free again and hopefully this time they will do better.
Old 09-22-2008, 11:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgl View Post
Mrs. Miller thinks MC needs a makeover?! That woman needs glasses (and a course on interview etiquette and how to avoid making passive aggressive comments to one's children). MC has a very elegant style. These comments are very un-called for.
When I read that interview I was more convinced that Mama Miller has some resentment/jealousy in her for MC.
At some interviews early on, MC said that when she was in boarding school she was miserable and wanted to be home. At one point she wrote a letter to her father and he always carried it with him. It seems that she is closer to her father than her mother.
Old 09-22-2008, 12:55 PM
Heir Apparent

I have also read in interviews that MC and her father are very close. I just hope that MC doesn't act toward her children the way that her mother did with her.
Old 09-22-2008, 03:49 PM
Royal Highness

I think she won't.I forgot to tell you that she stated that with emphasis:she's trying really hard not to make discriminations among her children.So,that's how we can explain this:perhaps she had this problem within her 1st family...
Old 09-22-2008, 04:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

What she always said was that the children will be schooled locally and they will always come home at the end of the day.
To be fair, their parents sent the three girls in Switzerland to broaden their horizons and expand their circle of friends. They would have precious few opportunities if they remained in Hong Kong.
Old 09-22-2008, 04:15 PM
Royal Highness

She's married to a Greek,after all.I don't believe that Pavlos or his parents could send the kids away at this young age.
Old 09-22-2008, 05:21 PM
Serene Highness

From the (very few) photos I've seen of Mrs. Miller she def. does not look warm and inviting. I wouldn't think she'd have been a very nurturing mother, - but who knows - esp. where she shipped the kids off to boading school at a fairly young age (not that I'm knocking boarding school, my dad and my uncle were shipped off, too) but it just seems odd given the Mr. and Mrs. Miller's background: both coming from fairly humble (her especially) roots and from families who I doubt sent their kids away to school.
Old 09-22-2008, 05:24 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgl View Post
I have also read in interviews that MC and her father are very close. I just hope that MC doesn't act toward her children the way that her mother did with her.
I don't think she does. She seems far more "hands on" warm type of mom.