The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-20-2010, 03:43 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sita View Post
Alexandra went to Matthew Mellon's second wedding in the Bahamas (his first wife Tamara Mellon was there too)
Online Exclusive: Matthew Mellon's wedding album: Society: Wmagazine.com
Alexander von F was a best man.
Minty Mellon is not a pretty child. She & her mother were featured in the Sept issue of (American) Harper's Bazaar. I hope she grows into beauty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
BTW..Talita von Furstenburg is a gorgeous child...she is going to be a beautiful woman!
I do agree that Talita is gorgeous. Her grandmother DVF's country home Cloudwalk is featured the Sept issue of (American) InStyle magazine and Talita is in a couple of the pictures.

Old 08-26-2010, 10:06 PM
Heir Apparent

FYI...in the September issue of American Instyle magazine (w Hilary Swank on the cover) there is an story on DVF. Within the story are photo of her home and 2 pic of Talita with her cousin Antonio (from DVF's daughter Tatiana). DVF says the 2 girls are devoted to each other though they a opposites.

Old 08-26-2010, 10:19 PM
Courtier

Smile

I have that magazine and you are right. Talita is going to be a heartbreaker.
Old 08-31-2010, 06:49 AM
Nobility

A video where Alexandra shows her LA home
Videos Posted by Alexandra Von Furstenberg, LLC: Alexandra Von Furstenberg Shows Her Home [HD] | Facebook
Old 08-31-2010, 10:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Well, I can't say that I like her taste (Those cat clocks creep me out) but it's nice to see her looking well. Can't be much fun for the kids, there are no really soft fabrics.
Old 08-31-2010, 03:42 PM
Nobility

I thought the same, dbarn...let's say she's in good health now, that is good...
Old 08-31-2010, 06:28 PM
Administrator

White floors, white walls, white ceiling, white lounge, white cushions... it may be chic decor but to me it's sterile.
However, Alexandra does get brownie points for her sense of humour (the slightly creepy cats) and the doormat bearing the welcome "von Fabulous". That's camp!
Old 09-01-2010, 07:47 PM
Heir Apparent

She comes off less affected and much more relaxed than her sister MC..no trace of British accent, more like a California accent.

I don't like the house, not my style at all. But Alexandra looks wonderful, healthier than I have seen her look in quite a while.
Old 09-08-2010, 10:06 AM
Nobility

I saw the above video. I like her house, her sense of style and her amazing closet!!!!

But, in the kitchen, those kitten clocks, working all together, I think they are six, OH GOD....and the little pigs...

Alex looks good but quite tired...
Old 09-08-2010, 10:14 AM
Administrator

I do love her voice...and she does look better than she has looked in years! A little meat on her bones, her hair looks healthy...good for Alex.

That being said...I also didn't like the house....too contemporary for the likes of me but nice interesting clean lines. That type of furniture dates oneself IMO but I am glad she has a passion for it.

Old 09-12-2010, 12:36 AM
Gentry

Thought the DUTY FREE signs idea was great!!
Old 09-12-2010, 01:26 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
IThat being said...I also didn't like the house....too contemporary for the likes of me but nice interesting clean lines. That type of furniture dates oneself IMO but I am glad she has a passion for it.
It does date her in a way, like she's trying to relive her youth or glory years (the 1960s/1970s). But then again, when one receives Louis Vuitton monogrammed luggage and Chanel purses at age 12, what does one have to look forward to?
Old 03-02-2011, 06:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Alexandra Von Furstenberg has picture on her Facebook page of her store opening in L.A. AVF; and she showed up at Elton John's Oscar night party.

http://img9.imageshack.us/i/18566510...614284120.jpg/
Old 03-02-2011, 07:44 PM
Nobility

She is like her mother. Is she reconciled with her husband Von furstembeg????
Old 03-02-2011, 07:59 PM
Nobility

She can not be Alexandra Von fusgtenberg because she divorced her husband.She is Alexandra Miller, I've read that she lives in Los Angeles.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:16 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarn67
Alexandra Von Furstenberg has picture on her Facebook page of her store opening in L.A. AVF; and she showed up at Elton John's Oscar night party.

http://img9.imageshack.us/i/18566510...614284120.jpg/
Holy crap! That's a gorgeous woman IMO and the caption calls her AVF so I'm going by that.... :)
Old 03-02-2011, 08:20 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRIS1983 View Post
She can not be Alexandra Von fusgtenberg because she divorced her husband.She is Alexandra Miller, I've read that she lives in Los Angeles.
but I have read that she reconciled with her ex spouse or was Pia????
Old 03-02-2011, 08:32 PM
Nobility

Not I think it was said of Pia but no Alexandra
Old 03-02-2011, 08:36 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRIS1983 View Post
Traditionally, women did not go back to a maiden or previous name upon divorce. Today, etiquette surrounding the proper forms of address a person are not strictly followed. Many women keep the names of their ex-husband if they had married into a prominent family with famous name or they became well known in their own right when married and using a married name professionally (actresses come to mind). For example, Ivana Trump is still known as Trump even though she divorced Donald almost 20 years ago. Lucy Lawless and Joy Behar kept using their former married name professionally. Alexandra's former mother-in-law, Diane von Fürstenberg, still uses that name even though she divorced the late Prince Egon in the 70s and has since remarried.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:55 PM
Nobility

thanks!!!! it is true ....Diana's first husband, should receive some sort of benefit for his wife, She uses his surname as a prestigious brand design