The Miller Family 1: March 2003-July 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interestingly, CP Pavlos was definitely the most blue-blooded and the most high-born of the three husbands, but was also least wealthy of the bunch. They say Pia made the wealthiest match at the time. I read in one the old Vogue or Vanity Fair articles from 1995 that the girls only socialized with the bluest blue bloods in order to snag high marriages.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, that little detail had occurred to me. Pavlos is the true prince of the husbands, both literally and figuratively speaking.

I loved the Alex/Alex wedding, thought it was the most beautiful of all the Miller sisters nuptials. But there was something about it that gave me pause, not the least that the groom didn't seem to really be into it. Alexandra was prattling on and on about marrying her "soulmate". And then in People mag there was a little blurb about how Alexandre had cheated on her while both were students at Brown University. That, and the fact that they were both soo young, boded ill for their future. I must say that I think Alexandra is well rid of the guy. He comes off as boorish and spoiled. And he's not that hot either.

I know next to nothing about Pia, except that she married a Getty. They are an extremely wealthy and controversial family. And I used to always think that poor Pia looked so haggard, like she had been through the ringer. I also remember reading that she got married in some lavish Bali wedding and the bride and groom rode in on elephants!

Most of my old info./gossip came from W magazine in the mid 90's. I subscribed to it then just at the time the Miller girls made their society debut.

Pia married in Bali and had 2 ceremonies; one Western and one traditional Bali where she rode in on an elephant and wore traditional Bali dress. It was said she is the most "American" of the trio..the other 2 were "Europhiles"...particularly when it came to guys.
Alex said she met her ex-husband in the elevator of her family's apartment in NY. The Von Furstenburgs lived in the same building.

Once W had an article with the girl who cheated with Alex VF. She claimed she was a bit of an outcast within her social set because of it. I don't remember her name, only that she had blonde hair and was very average looking.

Yes, thanks! We read the same article. The girl that cheated with Alex VF did so while they were in college and before they wed. She runs an art gallery in NYC, a very chic one. I can't remember the name.

Alex and Alex met when they lived in the same building in New York, and it was MC that introduced them in the elevator. Alexandre was friends with MC since they were closer in age.

I read in one those society magazines about the VFs' divorce that Alexandre always had a wandering eye but Alexandra thought it would subside after marriage and children. Yup, didn't happen. And the girl he dated right after their separation (not sure if she's the same one he's engaged to now) looked like a younger, brunette version of his ex-wife.

Yes, thanks! We read the same article. The girl that cheated with Alex VF did so while they were in college and before they wed. She runs an art gallery in NYC, a very chic one. I can't remember the name.

Her name was Amanda Brooks nee Cutter. She is now married to Christopher Brooks (who used to be married to Miranda Brooks).
Park Avenue Peerage
3rd picture down in the link

-Ayvee

Fun link!
Pia Getty used to (may still) for Sephora as a sort of roving ambassador. Maybe something of a lark to fill her days.
Yes, Alexandra is in LA and fancies herself as a designer of furniture. I remember seeing photos of her house --- very modern and one room was all black and white.
Tim Jeffries just got married, so he will definitely be out of the picture.
Alex started dating Ali while she was a college student (about 19 years old) in New York. They have been going together for ages. He runs around with a trashy sort of crowd - Alexandra is well to be rid of him.
I have heard that Marie Chantal wears the pants in her family and definitely calls the shots.
There was an article in a recent Vanity Fair and she was pictured with a girlfriend in a white bikini. The whole GRF was together in Greece having a great time. And now, she's going to have her 5th baby! She must emply a lot of nannies!
Maybe Mr/Mrs Miller have a sort of European type of marriage: they will never divorce. He does his thing and she does hers. They put in public appearances at events and are together for family events BUT will never divorce.

I've always thought that Mr and Mrs Miller made an odd couple. She seems very cold, and he seems strange, but warm. I would love to know more about their lives, but they have really stayed out of the limelight.

Alex and Alex met when they lived in the same building in New York, and it was MC that introduced them in the elevator. Alexandre was friends with MC since they were closer in age.

I read in one those society magazines about the VFs' divorce that Alexandre always had a wandering eye but Alexandra thought it would subside after marriage and children. Yup, didn't happen. And the girl he dated right after their separation (not sure if she's the same one he's engaged to now) looked like a younger, brunette version of his ex-wife.

Isn't that a sad story? I feel sorry for Alexandra, she was obviously being naive but she was very young. I think I read that Alex VF had a thing for M-C when they met in that apartment building but MC didn't give him the time of day, she introduced him to her younger sister Alex who fell hard.

Any woman who believes a man with a wandering eye will change after marriage is just courting heartache.

Her name was Amanda Brooks nee Cutter. She is now married to Christopher Brooks (who used to be married to Miranda Brooks).
Park Avenue Peerage
3rd picture down in the link

-Ayvee

THAT's the one! She said that she was a pariah among her set after the Alex VF thing, she spoke of some nasty incident in a nightclub where either Alexandra or some of Alexandra's friends confronted her. I mean, how unfair is that, to just blame the girl and let the Alex VF off the hook! Double standard!

But Amanda has rebounded nicely and is running that art gallery in Manhattan now.

Fun link!
Pia Getty used to (may still) for Sephora as a sort of roving ambassador. Maybe something of a lark to fill her days.
Yes, Alexandra is in LA and fancies herself as a designer of furniture. I remember seeing photos of her house --- very modern and one room was all black and white.
Tim Jeffries just got married, so he will definitely be out of the picture.
Alex started dating Ali while she was a college student (about 19 years old) in New York. They have been going together for ages. He runs around with a trashy sort of crowd - Alexandra is well to be rid of him.
I have heard that Marie Chantal wears the pants in her family and definitely calls the shots.
There was an article in a recent Vanity Fair and she was pictured with a girlfriend in a white bikini. The whole GRF was together in Greece having a great time. And now, she's going to have her 5th baby! She must emply a lot of nannies!
Maybe Mr/Mrs Miller have a sort of European type of marriage: they will never divorce. He does his thing and she does hers. They put in public appearances at events and are together for family events BUT will never divorce.

Poor Alexandra...right after her divorce she had a home in Los Angeles and was trying to make it as an actress...and before that she worked with her mother-in-law Diane Von Furstenburg on creating a modern revival of the classic wrap dress that Diane created...they were very close and I wonder if they still are? And now she is a furniture designer?? She sort of reminds me of Lee Bouvier Radziwill, sister of Jackie Kennedy Onassis. In the shadow of an older sister and trying all sorts of careers and trying to make an identity for herself. Then there is the eating disorder...it is so obvious that MC is the BOSS in her marriage, but Pavlos doesn't seem to mind at all, so there. MC has a great body to have had four children AND she will be forty years old in September. I don't think any of the Miller girls are great beauties,as a matter of fact if it were not for the added cachet that lots of money and splashy weddings brings I bet they would be considered rather homely with those long skinny faces. But MC is definitely the most attractive of the three, and Alexandra seems like the one who is easiest to be around.

I knew Alex VF was bad news when I heard that he got into an argument with someone during the American Presidential elections of 2000 and punched
the other guy out. Very classy kid, that one!

I think Alexandra should breathe a sigh of relief that she is not married to him anymore.

I also heard about Alex VF liking MC first. Alexandra said "I always want what she don't have". I think she was trying to keep up with her sisters and go along with Mothers wishes. Supposedly the Millers were trying to legitimize their "new" money buy marrying into old (wealthy) established families...didn't work out so well.

Poor Alexandra. She is much better off without Alex VF. I haven't heard much about Alex VF since the reports of his engagement earlier this year. I wonder how the wedding plans are coming along, and I would love to know what Alexandra thinks. He seems like such a jerk.

Does anyone know how close - if at all - Alex VF is with his children? You never hear anything about the kids visiting their dad or him spending time with them, etc. Sad.

Yes, I've heard this too. I didn't know Pia was also divorced. Supposedly Mama Miller wanted them to marry well at all costs.

Pia divorced very quietly a year and a half ago. If it weren't for W Magazine having an article about the divorces of the very rich,I would have never found out. Christopher Getty had been cheating on Pia for years. She no longer could keep up false appearances and gave up.
Unfortunately, many marriages don't last these days;too many people enter into marriage not honoring their vows "through richer and poorer,in sickness and in health...til death do us part."
They have no intentions of being faithful.
Alexandra has had a difficult time emotionally. She's had the anorexia problem;I remember reading in Vogue how she had gone to a spa to lose weight and that her husband complimented her on having the body of a sixteen year old...I wonder if his comments pushed her over the edge...she had just had one of her children and was never fat....Von Furstenberg must have been very difficult to please,but I had read in Vanity Fair,before their marriage, that it was she who had wanted to break up and date other people,then eventually returned to Alex VF.

Last edited:
Does anyone know how close - if at all - Alex VF is with his children? You never hear anything about the kids visiting their dad or him spending time with them, etc. Sad.

I have read (unfortunately, I can't remember where I read this) that Alexandra was living in Los Angeles in order to be near Alex for the sake of the children. It might have been in Vogue last summer when they did the article featuring her home (maybe two years ago?).

Good gawd...."her husband complimented her on having the body of a SIXTEEN YEAR OLD??" That tells me more than I need to know about Alex VF and his proclivities. Not to mention the fact that none of the Miller sisters was ever voluptuous, they have always been thin. Good riddance to that creep.

Many times in our marriages and relationships we tend to try and duplicate old painful and dysfunctional ones from our past...if it is indeed true that Mama Miller was a hyper-critical perfectionist it would explain why Alexandra was drawn to someone like Alex VF. He treated her like her mother did.

I hope she got therapy and is in a much healthier place now because those unhealthy attitudes will be passed on to her own daughter(s) otherwise. It's a bad, bad cycle.

MISSELLE..I remember reading that as well! She said she "immediately booked another appointment" after he said that. First of all how old was she then..23? She was still a young woman and was never overweight.

Money can't buy happiness so I hope she finds herself.

This is the first time that I have read of the "body of a 16-year old comment". Ick...what a creepy thing to say! The more I read about him, the more I dislike him. He sounds like a nightmare. I hope that he doesn't transfer his terrible attitude toward women on to his son. Alexandra deserves a man who will treat her like a princess. Alex VF certainly didn't.

I remember the 16 y/o body comment and thought it was bizarre. In hindsight it makes sense that Alexandra had issues about her appearance. Between the mother and the husband this poor thing didn't have a chance if she had any self doubt. I agree w CD about she probably married AVF 'cuz it made her feel (and this is sad) similar to her mother. And I mirror sgl's hope he doesn't keep the circle going by giving this 'tude to his son (and his daughter).

There was a story in the New York Post today regarding Alexandra and the new man that she has been seeing. Apparently, he is Katie Couric's ex.

MOVING FORWARD- New York Post

Thanks for the link, sgl. Does anyone know how old his guy is?

After reading some of the comments,i find it rather strange for people to think that the Miller's mother was the match-maker of their daughters marriages :rolleyes:..and also since their father is so Rich,i think its quite normal for them to marry high society men,whats so quite shocking about that??:rolleyes:

Pia and alex married the men they thought they were in love with,but they are humans and humans are allowed to make mistakes right?? they didnt chose the right one but then i look into marie-chantal's marriage and see how much in love she still is with her husband,she made the right choice,she fell for the right man,her sisters didnt,life does go on i suppose;)

Thanks for the link, sgl. Does anyone know how old his guy is?

Bella he is about 52 I think...I would not be surprised if Alexandra marries this one, even though I sort of hope she doesn't.

Last edited:
His name is Tom Warner and he is involved in television and movie production. I also think that he may be a part owner of a professional baseball team.
He is very wealthy and dated Katie Couric for quite a while.
I cannot imagine Alexandra with him. She seems to go for the European men or at least the really good-looking Greek-god type of guy.
Tom Warner is no Greek god in the looks department.
Maybe he just treats her with respect and is down-to-earth --- now that would be a switch for Alexandra!
(By the way, when Alex and Alex were just married, they would be referred to as Boy Alex and Girl Alex)

Thanks, California Dreaming & pamk. How do you guys know all this stuff?:D Seems a bit old for Alex but if he treats her nice and they have true feelings, I suppose age doesn't matter. I wonder what her family thinks.

Well with the announcements of Tim Jeffries' marriage and Alex V F's engagement, Alexandra had to come up with something. Hopefully she will not be married on a rebound or this one will also be doomed.
Apparently there were no money involved and an iron clad pre nup, since in one week she was phtographed dancing with Alex and the next they were divorced.
This whole Miller family is a tad lop sided IMHO

I bet it's really stinging that Alex VF is already engaged. I def. got the impression she was the one more in love. I wonder if the kids will be part of the wedding party. I'm sure they'll at least be present to see their dad get married again.

I think the reason the Millers seem odd is that there's such an emphasis on money in regards to them. I dunno . . . at least the parents are very low-key and aren't out hitting the party circuit or doing other bizarre things.

Ewww.....Alexandra is going to marry that guy?? I hope she is not trying to one-up her loser ex-husband...what's the point if she ends back up in divorce court in a couple of years??

Does anyone have any news of Pia? She has been quiet lately.......At least I did not see any photos of her.

Does anyone have any news of Pia? She has been quiet lately.......At least I did not see any photos of her.

Pia has always been more private than her younger sisters. The only thing I know about her is that she and Christopher Getty have divorced. I have read (somewhere-can't remember) that she now lives in London. I wonder if she is still working for Sephora?

A couple of years ago MC gave an interview (again) and mentioned that they were renting a house next door to Pia in London. (That was before they bought the house they live in now)
There was talk that Pia worked for Sephora but I very much doubt the Miller girls are the 9-5 kind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom