The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 10:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Poor Alexandra. She is much better off without Alex VF. I haven't heard much about Alex VF since the reports of his engagement earlier this year. I wonder how the wedding plans are coming along, and I would love to know what Alexandra thinks. He seems like such a jerk.

Old 05-29-2008, 11:16 AM
Serene Highness

Does anyone know how close - if at all - Alex VF is with his children? You never hear anything about the kids visiting their dad or him spending time with them, etc. Sad.

Old 05-29-2008, 01:56 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SASSY View Post
Yes, I've heard this too. I didn't know Pia was also divorced. Supposedly Mama Miller wanted them to marry well at all costs.
Pia divorced very quietly a year and a half ago. If it weren't for W Magazine having an article about the divorces of the very rich,I would have never found out. Christopher Getty had been cheating on Pia for years. She no longer could keep up false appearances and gave up.
Unfortunately, many marriages don't last these days;too many people enter into marriage not honoring their vows "through richer and poorer,in sickness and in health...til death do us part."
They have no intentions of being faithful.
Alexandra has had a difficult time emotionally. She's had the anorexia problem;I remember reading in Vogue how she had gone to a spa to lose weight and that her husband complimented her on having the body of a sixteen year old...I wonder if his comments pushed her over the edge...she had just had one of her children and was never fat....Von Furstenberg must have been very difficult to please,but I had read in Vanity Fair,before their marriage, that it was she who had wanted to break up and date other people,then eventually returned to Alex VF.
Old 05-29-2008, 02:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella View Post
Does anyone know how close - if at all - Alex VF is with his children? You never hear anything about the kids visiting their dad or him spending time with them, etc. Sad.
I have read (unfortunately, I can't remember where I read this) that Alexandra was living in Los Angeles in order to be near Alex for the sake of the children. It might have been in Vogue last summer when they did the article featuring her home (maybe two years ago?).
Old 05-29-2008, 07:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Good gawd...."her husband complimented her on having the body of a SIXTEEN YEAR OLD??" That tells me more than I need to know about Alex VF and his proclivities. Not to mention the fact that none of the Miller sisters was ever voluptuous, they have always been thin. Good riddance to that creep.

Many times in our marriages and relationships we tend to try and duplicate old painful and dysfunctional ones from our past...if it is indeed true that Mama Miller was a hyper-critical perfectionist it would explain why Alexandra was drawn to someone like Alex VF. He treated her like her mother did.

I hope she got therapy and is in a much healthier place now because those unhealthy attitudes will be passed on to her own daughter(s) otherwise. It's a bad, bad cycle.
Old 05-29-2008, 09:18 PM
Courtier

MISSELLE..I remember reading that as well! She said she "immediately booked another appointment" after he said that. First of all how old was she then..23? She was still a young woman and was never overweight.

Money can't buy happiness so I hope she finds herself.
Old 05-29-2008, 09:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Angry

This is the first time that I have read of the "body of a 16-year old comment". Ick...what a creepy thing to say! The more I read about him, the more I dislike him. He sounds like a nightmare. I hope that he doesn't transfer his terrible attitude toward women on to his son. Alexandra deserves a man who will treat her like a princess. Alex VF certainly didn't.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:56 AM
Serene Highness

I remember the 16 y/o body comment and thought it was bizarre. In hindsight it makes sense that Alexandra had issues about her appearance. Between the mother and the husband this poor thing didn't have a chance if she had any self doubt. I agree w CD about she probably married AVF 'cuz it made her feel (and this is sad) similar to her mother. And I mirror sgl's hope he doesn't keep the circle going by giving this 'tude to his son (and his daughter).
Old 05-30-2008, 11:29 PM
Heir Apparent

There was a story in the New York Post today regarding Alexandra and the new man that she has been seeing. Apparently, he is Katie Couric's ex.

MOVING FORWARD- New York Post
Old 05-31-2008, 09:33 AM
Serene Highness

Thanks for the link, sgl. Does anyone know how old his guy is?
Old 05-31-2008, 10:12 AM
Nobility

After reading some of the comments,i find it rather strange for people to think that the Miller's mother was the match-maker of their daughters marriages ..and also since their father is so Rich,i think its quite normal for them to marry high society men,whats so quite shocking about that??

Pia and alex married the men they thought they were in love with,but they are humans and humans are allowed to make mistakes right?? they didnt chose the right one but then i look into marie-chantal's marriage and see how much in love she still is with her husband,she made the right choice,she fell for the right man,her sisters didnt,life does go on i suppose
Old 06-02-2008, 12:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella View Post
Thanks for the link, sgl. Does anyone know how old his guy is?
Bella he is about 52 I think...I would not be surprised if Alexandra marries this one, even though I sort of hope she doesn't.
Old 06-02-2008, 02:23 PM
Courtier

His name is Tom Warner and he is involved in television and movie production. I also think that he may be a part owner of a professional baseball team.
He is very wealthy and dated Katie Couric for quite a while.
I cannot imagine Alexandra with him. She seems to go for the European men or at least the really good-looking Greek-god type of guy.
Tom Warner is no Greek god in the looks department.
Maybe he just treats her with respect and is down-to-earth --- now that would be a switch for Alexandra!
(By the way, when Alex and Alex were just married, they would be referred to as Boy Alex and Girl Alex)
Old 06-02-2008, 03:54 PM
Serene Highness

Thanks, California Dreaming & pamk. How do you guys know all this stuff? Seems a bit old for Alex but if he treats her nice and they have true feelings, I suppose age doesn't matter. I wonder what her family thinks.
Old 06-07-2008, 01:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

Well with the announcements of Tim Jeffries' marriage and Alex V F's engagement, Alexandra had to come up with something. Hopefully she will not be married on a rebound or this one will also be doomed.
Apparently there were no money involved and an iron clad pre nup, since in one week she was phtographed dancing with Alex and the next they were divorced.
This whole Miller family is a tad lop sided IMHO
Old 06-09-2008, 10:08 AM
Serene Highness

I bet it's really stinging that Alex VF is already engaged. I def. got the impression she was the one more in love. I wonder if the kids will be part of the wedding party. I'm sure they'll at least be present to see their dad get married again.

I think the reason the Millers seem odd is that there's such an emphasis on money in regards to them. I dunno . . . at least the parents are very low-key and aren't out hitting the party circuit or doing other bizarre things.
Old 06-10-2008, 06:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Ewww.....Alexandra is going to marry that guy?? I hope she is not trying to one-up her loser ex-husband...what's the point if she ends back up in divorce court in a couple of years??
Old 06-10-2008, 08:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Does anyone have any news of Pia? She has been quiet lately.......At least I did not see any photos of her.
Old 06-11-2008, 12:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odette View Post
Does anyone have any news of Pia? She has been quiet lately.......At least I did not see any photos of her.
Pia has always been more private than her younger sisters. The only thing I know about her is that she and Christopher Getty have divorced. I have read (somewhere-can't remember) that she now lives in London. I wonder if she is still working for Sephora?
Old 06-11-2008, 01:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

A couple of years ago MC gave an interview (again) and mentioned that they were renting a house next door to Pia in London. (That was before they bought the house they live in now)
There was talk that Pia worked for Sephora but I very much doubt the Miller girls are the 9-5 kind