The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 12:27 PM
Gentry

Chantal Miller

I dont´t understand why Chantal Miller´s background is so intersting. She is not an official person. If she doesn´t want to speak about herself and to stay very private I think it is fine. Very fine.

Old 08-03-2006, 07:33 PM
Commoner

Note: the MIller sister were {American royality }10 years ago. There is still a lot of interest you do not see report here any longer.

If a thread is started that would be great!

Old 08-03-2006, 08:43 PM
Serene Highness

The Millers were never considered "American Royalty". That title is held pretty much for the members of the Kennedy family and that's it. Actually, most Americans don't even know who the Millers are, even now, after all their glossed-over high profile marriages and divorces. As someone once pointed out on another site, the Millers were really only "visitors" to the US, the daughters having been primarily brought up in Japan and then European boarding schools. Mr. Miller has been an avid anglophile for decades and I believe is now a British citizen. The mother, as we all know, is from South America. Part of the reasoning behind the girls move to England was that they weren't getting enough PR over here in the states, what with the Hilton Sisters pretty much coveting the "celebutante" roles for now. In Britain, mainly because of MC's connection by her marriage to the European royal houses, they are, in effect, treated more like "royalty." Though there's still not much PR for them unless MC is seen at some gala event. There's nothing new on them at all, and I'm sure it's not their idea. And I pretty much believe it's because, not only doesn't the average person know who they are but I don't think too many people care.
Old 08-03-2006, 09:17 PM
Serene Highness

I totally agree and maybe this is why MC was ranting against the unexplainable (in her view) popularity of such a nincompoop as Miss Hilton?

One minor disagreemtnt, I'd say the getty family would count as 'american royalty', if indeed Americans would care about these things. Perhaps a slew of Americans on the East Coast would, but here on the west coast people could care less, unless you'd created a cool company, a la Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, etc. Perhaps MC qualifies somewhat here, as she's eating her own dog food and has started her own clothing company. Paris Hilton eat your heart out!
Old 08-05-2006, 11:36 AM
Commoner

Kennedy, Getty, Rockefeller, Vanderbilt, Post. . .'American Royalty' is OLD money in my opinion. The Millers were celebrated for a very brief time, in a very small circle because they were young and blonde and rich and there were three of them and designers loved them. Thankfully they never fell to the lows of the Hilton girls.

I have a friend who was on the East Coast at the time of the popularity of the sisters. His mother is fabulously wealthy (new money) and he was friends with some of the Gettys but has no idea who the Miller sisters or even Robert Miller are. And, if they had not appeared regularly in fashion mags. would WE know who they are?

Anyways, I like what I know of MC and would love to meet her in her shop someday. :)
Old 08-06-2006, 01:33 AM
Serene Highness

You are so right Aphrodite. I'm on the East Coast outside of the mentions in W mag, no one knew who these Millers were. Even after Pia married into the Getty family, it was like, "Who?" It really wasn't until MC became engaged to Pavlos (Europen royalty, oh my) that anyone sat up and took notice. And then it was really all about the great "matches" the Miller sisters made and the extravaganza weddings of MC and Alex. Now, they've pretty much faded out. Though you have to give MC credit for her business ventures. And, more importantly I believe, she seems like a good mother, albeit high end so there probably are nannies and so forth, but she does seem like she enjoys her children and is bringing them up relatively normal.
Old 08-09-2006, 03:17 PM
Commoner

Sorry! The Miller sister were more like socialites a few years back.
I like to see photos, love the clothes.
Old 08-09-2006, 09:03 PM
Aristocracy

The Miller sisters weren't so much American Royalty as Park Avenue Princesses - although, to be fair, the Miller's co-op was on Madison Avenue.
Old 08-19-2006, 10:51 PM
Commoner

Is Alex still in New York? It always appears she and MC were always together at events. I have not seen photos of Alex recently.
Old 08-20-2006, 11:29 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by violante
I dont´t understand why Chantal Miller´s background is so intersting. She is not an official person. If she doesn´t want to speak about herself and to stay very private I think it is fine. Very fine.
She may not be an "official" person, but her daughters have (some say with the blessing of their parents) strived very hard to be in the spotlight. Interviews. Photospreads. Showing up at the "right" events with the "right" people. And, of course, their "spectacular" marriages ~ two of which have already ended in divorce. If Mr. & Mrs. Miller are going to encourage their daughters to seek the spotlight, then they need to be aware that their own lives will be under scrutiny. Besides, the high-end, somewhat shallow world these people live in are all about gossip and blood-lines. The fact that Mrs. Miller DOESN'T speak openly about her background/family/past only only opens the door to unlimited speculation.
Old 08-21-2006, 05:53 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by love36
Is Alex still in New York? It always appears she and MC were always together at events. I have not seen photos of Alex recently.
According to something I read a year ago, she's in LA so the kids can be closer to their dad.
Old 10-19-2006, 11:49 PM
Courtier

She looks really, really bad. She was once the prettiest of the sisters, and since her marriage, she's really gone downhill.
Old 10-20-2006, 10:48 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly9480
She looks really, really bad. She was once the prettiest of the sisters, and since her marriage, she's really gone downhill.
I always thought Pia was the most pretty of the Miller sisters, though she's aged very badly and looks considerably older than she is. They all look older than they are, actually, even MC who still looks quite good.

Thanks Aphrodite, I'll try it again.
Old 01-18-2007, 03:03 PM
Aristocracy

I've also noticed that Pia looks considerably older than she is, but,she has also been under a considerable amount a stress with her philandering husband and divorce procedings.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:26 PM
Serene Highness

What's up w the Miller Sisters? You never seem to hear about them anymore.
Old 01-22-2007, 05:25 AM
Royal Highness

I know Alex got divorced, and I read rumors of Pia seperating from her husband and then reconciling, but I think they're getting divorced as well. The last I heard both have moved to London to be near MC. I always got the impression they were riding her coattails because she made the highest-profile marriage. But we don't seem to hear that much about them in the press anymore since they moved. Socialites are a big deal in the US, especially New York City.
Old 02-04-2007, 02:54 PM
Aristocracy

Pia's dovirce is finalized. MC moved into a new house earlier this year and there's been no word of what Alexandra is up to;there just isn't information about them,which is disappointing.Just because they are older than some of these new girls doesn't make them less interesting.
Old 02-04-2007, 05:11 PM
Serene Highness

I heard Alex and Alex are not divorced but just seperated but are on friendly terms and still live close by each other for their kids. Boy-Alex was supposedly dating a girl who was the younger brunette version of Girl-Alex. But this was a while back, so not sure what she's up to now.
Old 02-04-2007, 11:41 PM
Courtier

According to MC's Tatler article, both of her sisters are divorced. She was quoted as saying as much.
Old 02-05-2007, 12:03 AM
Aristocracy

lol..The Miller sisters are in wikipeida!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mil...8socialites%29

A website with a whole bunch of pictures & articles:
Alex's Miller Sisters Page