The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 03:57 AM
Aristocracy

Alexandra's kids are cute but not as cute as MC's.....I can't comment about Pia's kids as I haven't seen any pics of them since the fashion show MC had a few years back....

Old 03-01-2006, 01:40 PM
Commoner

Where does Tassilo get his blue eyes from?? Alex and Alex are both brown eyed???

Old 03-01-2006, 05:44 PM
Commoner

Alex & Alex each have one parent with light colored eyes!!!

Alex & Alex, each have close relatives that have very light skin and light colord eyes. So that's the reson that those two kids came out with blue eyes.:)
Old 03-01-2006, 06:01 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrodite26
Where does Tassilo get his blue eyes from?? Alex and Alex are both brown eyed???
Blue eyes are a recessive trait so the blue-eye gene may be hidden by the his parents' brown-eye genes, but reappeared in him.
Old 03-01-2006, 06:02 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piaa
Alexandra's kids are cute but not as cute as MC's.....I can't comment about Pia's kids as I haven't seen any pics of them since the fashion show MC had a few years back....
I think Tassilo's the cutest kid. He's got this mischievious look on his face. I think I like Achilleas for the same reason - he seems to have more personality than his older brother, though Tino may actually be cuter.
Old 05-06-2006, 12:10 PM
Serene Highness

I wish there would be more mention of Mrs. Miller. She seems quite fascinating w her S. American background. Very exotic and unique. Mr. Miller actually grew up in Quincy, MA - very close to where I live. He still has family there, though I'm not sure how close he remains with them. I believe his mother is still alive, though. I realize the daughters' famous in-laws are more appealing to the general public, but I would like know more about THEIR parents. Mr. Miller is a self-made man from a humble background. You've got to admire his amazing accomplishments.
Old 05-07-2006, 05:59 PM
Commoner

I agree

I agree, I wish I can see more pictures of the Parentes of Marie chantal also I want to now more about there families, maybe wen we see pictures of there parties they are there, but they want to keep annonimous who knows. Can somebody put a picture o tell somethig about them please. thanks in advance.:)
Old 06-30-2006, 02:48 PM
Aristocracy

I'm so glad to have found this thread;information about the Miller sisters has been scarce latlely.I was fortunate enough to have read about Alexandra's surprise divorce in W Magazine.Vogue sometimes writes about MC,but I'm lucky if I even see a picture of one of them in Point de Vue...I didn't know until now that Pia had a short seperation!! Thanks for the information.
Old 06-30-2006, 05:55 PM
Serene Highness

Isn't Pia divorced? I think all the Miller sisters are now living in London. At least they're there a lot. I haven't heard anything in a very long time about Pia or even Alexandra.
Old 06-30-2006, 06:52 PM
Administrator

Pia is divorced. At least according to the Vogue article that Marie Chantal did.
Old 06-30-2006, 06:53 PM
Serene Highness

In the June British Vogue article, MC refers to both her sisters being divorced.
Old 06-30-2006, 09:41 PM
Aristocracy

It's in the British Vogue?The U.S. Vogue doesn't have anything on this.I just read a New York gossip column and Pia is listed as one of New York's most elligible:
* Pia Getty, 35. The uber-blonde of the social set kicked her cheating hubby, Christopher Getty, to the curb after she caught him with a 6-foot Estonian stunner. Pro: As a daughter of Duty Free mogul Robert Miller, Pia has more money than God. Con: She married money and so did her two sisters; non-millionaires need not apply.
Old 06-30-2006, 10:01 PM
Serene Highness

Our Barnes and Noble carries it so if there is one near you, you might check and see if they carry it.
Old 07-01-2006, 08:06 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Actually, does anyone have photos of the Miller family going to the gala before Alexia of Greece's wedding?
i have been looking for such pictures for a long time.

there is a thread on alexia's wedding with lots of wonderful photos, but no pic of the miller family. in one photo, there is only a glimpse of MC in the background.
Old 07-01-2006, 10:39 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela - Natalia
I may be wrong but I wondered if there was a snobbery about people from hispanic backgrounds in NY high society, if not now but a few years ago. I've heard things like 'oh we speak Spanish with the maid' followed by a snorting laugh. She came from an ordinary background and whenever women get together there is bitchyness and they compare notes, on money, on background etc. Perhaps she doesn't care about that or can't be bothered with it, I wouldn't. They lived in Asia for years and travelled a lot so maybe they have friends elsewhere. I just wondered when Pia's birthday was becasue she is the only one they never mentioned. Not fair!
I don't know about the snobbery of socialites from hispanic backgrounds because when I read the New York society pages, the famous socialites that are mentioned are white and not people of color. However, I'm confused about Chantal Miller's background. Yes, there is the story of her common background and working at a hair salon. However, according to Marie Chantal in the Vogue article, she said that her dad first met her mom walking on the streets of Paris with her Afghans (sp). That description doesn't really fit in with past descriptions of her background. I wonder if she was living in Paris at the time and how was she able to afford it. I lived in Geneva but I worked as a teacher at the Ecolint (the international school) at the time. Was Chantal Miller poor or more middle class?

Also, I too have heard the story of the champagne glass. In a Royalty magazine article I read about Marie Chantal's engagement, the writer described Mrs. Miller as "head strong". So maybe the champagne glass story is correct.

Also what kind of mom is she? I once read an article where she said that she would like to do a makeover on Marie Chantal. She said that she is always giving MC advice and MC says, "Yes mother, you're quite right." I was thinking, "Leave the poor girl only and pay better attention to Alexandra, who is the one in dire need of a makeover." Then, a few years later, it was revealed that Alexandra has anoxeria.
Old 07-01-2006, 10:42 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by misselle
It's in the British Vogue?The U.S. Vogue doesn't have anything on this.I just read a New York gossip column and Pia is listed as one of New York's most elligible:
* Pia Getty, 35. The uber-blonde of the social set kicked her cheating hubby, Christopher Getty, to the curb after she caught him with a 6-foot Estonian stunner. Pro: As a daughter of Duty Free mogul Robert Miller, Pia has more money than God. Con: She married money and so did her two sisters; non-millionaires need not apply.
"Non-millionaires need not apply". That's hilarious misselle. Thanks for the post.:)
Old 07-01-2006, 02:47 PM
Serene Highness

Actually, I believe Pia is about 40. She was born the same year as my sister, 1966. MC is older than 35 and she's the middle daughter. Though from recent pics of Pia, she looks about 50. Lay off the sun, honey!
Old 07-01-2006, 03:05 PM
Serene Highness

I tend to think the Millers embelish their background ~ probably in order to fit in better with their wealthy and/or royal in-laws. I originally read years ago that Mr. Miller met his wife in NYC while she was working in a hair salon. He was a struggling businessman then with big ideas. She was fresh from Ecuador and living with a relative. Now all of a sudden they claim they met in Paris and she was supposedly some socialite in fur. I don't think so. As for Hispanic snobbery, I believe it. I agree with Wallis, most of the society types are WASPs (white anglo-saxon Protestants). At least the "old money" is. Movie stars/rock stars/athletes are another story, but I don't think that's what we're talking about. I can totally understand Mrs. Miller's insecurity, despite her (husband's) money. I'm sure there are - and have been - plenty of whispers and stares and insinuating comments. And I'm sure she feels her family history when sitting next to a Getty or (even worse) someone who can trace their pedigree back to Kings and Queens of Europe. From what I know, her birth name is Maria Clara Pesantes (the "Chantal" came later when she was trying to appear more cosmopolitan) and that her family were, in effect, South American peasants. It's too bad she's obviously felt inferior to her social counterparts 'cuz, as I've posted before on the forums, I think her history and life story would be far more amazing and interesting than the typical born-with-a-silver-spoon story. I, for one, would like to know more about Mrs. Miller. It certainly wouldn't be an ordinary story!
Old 07-01-2006, 03:29 PM
Serene Highness

In what language does Clara translate as Chantal?
Old 07-02-2006, 12:26 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella
It's too bad she's obviously felt inferior to her social counterparts 'cuz, as I've posted before on the forums, I think her history and life story would be far more amazing and interesting than the typical born-with-a-silver-spoon story. I, for one, would like to know more about Mrs. Miller. It certainly wouldn't be an ordinary story!
I absolutely agree. Were you also the one who said that it's a shame she doesn't talk about her life because it would sound like something out of a Henry James novel? But I guess it's easy for us to say stop being ashamed of your real background and tell us more about yourself. When you're surrounded by the extremely rich, they can be vicious. Look at Brandon Davis who was caught mocking Lindsey Lohan on video tape and saying things like, "And is she rich? Isn't she worth only 7 million?" I guess that even though this is the 21st century, there are many rich people who still have a Victorian mindset about wealth.