Suggested names and godparents of Marie Chantals' 5th child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fashionista100

Courtier
Give ideas for the name of the new baby.

I think if it's a girl it should be Andromeda. It's one suggestion.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the name Natalia :) Also, I like the name Polixena or Xanthe for girls as well.

For a boy, I like Maximos-Nikolaos. Or maybe they'll name him after another hero from the Trojan War, like Menelaus. Also, I think Aeneas-Alexandros would be cute, even if he was a Trojan hero. ^_^

Now that they in fact decided to have a fifth one I tend to wish them another boy. I mean, what would a little girl do with three elder brothers and a sister who could almost be her mother? It´ll be lonely for her. I suppose they´ll give a boy a very greek name like Aeneas or so. Can´t in fact imagine a girls name since all the typical greek royal family names for girls are already in use like f.i. Elena, Irene, Olga (would be horrible!!), Sofia a.s.o.

Aeneas would be nice for a boy.
My favourite greek girl names are: Melina, Athina and Helena.

I like Ekatarina/Ekaterini/Katherine for a girl. It is not one of the most common names amongst royals today, so it isn't like Louise or Alexandra in that manner. It's been used in the Greek family before.

What are the names of the other children? Did they follow a pattern with them? I am not very familiar with the Greek Royal family. Thanks

What are the names of the other children? Did they follow a pattern with them? I am not very familiar with the Greek Royal family. Thanks

Maria Olympia (11)
Kontantinos Alexios (9)
Achileas-Andreas (7)
Odysseas Kimon (3)

Not sure how Kimon is pronounced though. Is it Kim or is it K-eye
Hope that makes sense

I hope it's a girl, too. I like the names Athena or Ophelia or Octavia. Livia isn't bad. Claudia? What's MC's mother's name? Maybe they'll throw that into the mix. Though I think they'll stick w the Greek names, like the others.

Their third child is called Achilles Aeneas. So Aeneas would not be an option for a son.

For a boy I would say Dimitri-Alexander or Alexander-Dimitri, for a girl I would say Irene-Sophia or Sophia-Irene!

Maria Olympia (11)
Kontantinos Alexios (9)
Achileas-Andreas (7)
Odysseas Kimon (3)

Not sure how Kimon is pronounced though. Is it Kim or is it K-eye
Hope that makes sense
Thanks for taking the time to answer my question:flowers:

For a girl: Nike Leora

For a boy: Lysander Talos

If it's a boy maybe Philippos? Like the uncle or Pavlos like the dad. I like those names. If it is a girl Sofia, to me that is the most beautiful name ever :)

I hoping for a girl so I'll go with something like Maria Helena, Maria Alexandra, or Maria Cassandra. I like the "precedent" they've got going between mother and daughter, so if it's a girl the name should start with Maria. But then I also like Angela as a possible name too.:winkiss:

Now that they in fact decided to have a fifth one I tend to wish them another boy. I mean, what would a little girl do with three elder brothers and a sister who could almost be her mother? It´ll be lonely for her. I suppose they´ll give a boy a very greek name like Aeneas or so. Can´t in fact imagine a girls name since all the typical greek royal family names for girls are already in use like f.i. Elena, Irene, Olga (would be horrible!!), Sofia a.s.o.

Not to nitpick, but Maria is only going to be 12 years older than this baby. I'm the youngest of five and my oldest brother is 13 years older than me and my sister is 10 years older than me. i happen to be very close with my sister, partly because we're the only girls. Maria is not old enough to be this baby's mother, far from it.

I like the names Gaea, Ekaterini, and Thea (not sure if that's Greek). I hope they have another girl.

Alexandros
Demetrios
Fotis

Alexandra
Anastasia
Chara
Marina
Zoe

Even though I hope for a girl I can only think of a boys name!

Maximos Matthias

I have previously read that the name Kimon is pronounced Kee-mon. I don't know how true this is, but that pronunciation seems to make sense. I apologize if this is incorrect.

It's a bit tricky to find names that work well in both Greek and English.
What about Maria Penelope for a girl (Penelope was the wife of Odysseus in the Odyssey by Homer). And it's been a while since there was a Georgios, right?

Since I would like them to have another girl, I thought of a girl's name : Ariadne Claire :wub:

How about Artemis if it's a girl?

My favourite names are: Olga, Thyra, Marina, Alexandra, Anastasia or Gregorios, Alexandros.

Since I would like them to have another girl, I thought of a girl's name : Ariadne Claire :wub:

Ariadne-Claire is beautiful! They could also choose Maria-Ariadne, which would fit with the mother's name and the sister's name.

For a boy, I like Aristotle, although, that may draw inevitable comparisons to Aristotle Onassis, which they may or may not want.

I'm betting on Katherine (or Ekaterina) for a girl after recently deceased Katherine Brandham. (I don't think I have the last name quite right.)

Also, Pavlos has frequently referred to his grandmother, so maybe Frederika would be back in the mix.

Frederika Etakerina Anna-Maria

For a boy, the Greeks haven't had a George in a while, so maybe that after the dynasty's founder. Or Christopher. (Not sure of the Greek version of these names).

George Christopher Nicholas

George=Georgios? (They seem to prefer the greek version)

As Pavlos is titular Duke of Sparta it might be nice to call a boy Leonidas, after the King who fought against the Persians and died during the battle of Thermopylae in 480 BC.
But after their previous choises I am sure they will surprise us this time too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom