Suggested names and godparents of Marie Chantals' 5th child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I never got their children's names.
Do they call them
Maria, Konstantin, Achilles and Odysseas ?
or is it Olympia, Alexios, Andreas and Kimon ?

Hope someone can answer me :angel:

Maria-Olympia 1996
Constantine Alexios 1998
Achileas-Andreas 2000
Odysseas-Kimon 2004 (at the moment only of their child who was born in London. Older were born in NY)

So I suppose there will be next child with double names...

Last edited:
I quite like Maria-Titania for a girl. But then she would have the same as Maria Olympia, unless they went by Olympia and Titania?

Thaddeus-Troy is cool for a boy

I'm sure it won't happen but I really like Georgios Blassis for a boy and
Anna Seraphina for a girl. I know their not ancient greek names but cute together.:flowers: and would still with the other names of the older kids.
witty kitty

I never got their children's names.
Do they call them
Maria, Konstantin, Achilles and Odysseas ?
or is it Olympia, Alexios, Andreas and Kimon ?

Hope someone can answer me :angel:

I have read in several publications that Maria-Olympia is called Olympia. It seems as though the boys are known by their first names only, although I have heard that Konstantinos is sometimes called Tino. I have read in previous threads on this board that Marie-Chantal calls the children the French version of their names. My French is not good enough to know what that would be. I hope this helps to answer your question.:flowers:

would they ever use Pavlos for a son, or do they skip generations before they continue a name (ie-Konstantinos after his grandfather). I really like the name Pavlos.

Ariadne-Claire is beautiful! They could also choose Maria-Ariadne, which would fit with the mother's name and the sister's name.

I thought about it a bit more and made another name : Chantal Natalie :wub:

I find Alexandros (Αλέξανδρος) a perfect name for a boy; it's the name of both a Greek King (Pavlos's grandfather's older brother) and the greatest ever Greek king of antiquity, Alexander the Great

As for a girl Frederika (Φρειδερίκη) for the late grandmother of Pavlos or Phaedra (Φαίδρα) is a lovely ancient Greek name

I quite like Maria-Titania for a girl. But then she would have the same as Maria Olympia, unless they went by Olympia and Titania?

This would be very amusing, considering the names are like the Olympic and Titanic, which are pretty famous ships :rolleyes:

But I think that would be really cool, an Olympia and a Titania :flowers:

Not sure about Leonidas, but I think alot of 300 fans would love THAT :lol:

Maria Apollonia
Maria Cleopatra

Georgios Pavlos
Georgios Nicholaos

I´m sorry to insist on this, but their third child is called Achilles Aeneas. If you don´t believe it go to the Royal Greek site and check.

Hello,
What I read is Achilleas Andreas...
???

They're having another boy? Wow...

Names:
Alexandros-Ionnes
Nikolaos-Theodoros
Georgios-Pavlos

No. There has been some debate about the name of their third son. There has not yet been an announcement regarding the sex of the new baby.

The sex of the greek royal babies has so far never been announced before the birth.

Predicted godparents

My suggestions for the godparents of the unborn fifth child of Pavlos and Marie-Chantal are:

Baby Greece/Denmark - Miller
Prince Joachim of Denmark
Infanta Christina of Spain
Prince Gustav of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg
Christopher Getty
and two friends

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, if it's a girl then:

Eleni-Sophia
Cecilia-Alexandra
Theodora-Chantal

I have read in previous threads on this board that Marie-Chantal calls the children the French version of their names. My French is not good enough to know what that would be.

Why does MC call her children using the French version of their names?

The French versions of her children's names aren't very different from the English ones :)

Marie Olympia
Constantine Alexis
Achille André
Ulysse Cimon

Or rather I think :
Marie-Olympe
Constantin (the end is pronounced like vin or pain).

In fact I've read that the boys are often called Tino, Achi and Odi. Nothing about a shortened version of Maria Olympia.

In the recent swedish documentary we can hear several times that MC calls her husband Pavlos (and not Paul).

Thanks for the helpful replies. :) I was just wondering why French, since MC isn't French herself? (Not that people who aren't French can't use French)

In fact I've read that the boys are often called Tino, Achi and Odi. Nothing about a shortened version of Maria Olympia.

How cute that for C-A, they use the nickname that King Constantine I had :)

How cute that for C-A, they use the nickname that King Constantine I had :)
I think Tino is a fairly common nick name for someone named Constantine. I have 2 friends, totally unrelated, named Constantine and both go by Tino. I also have a friend Martin who for some reason his friends called Martino and then Tino.

I like the next names for a boy:
Alexander Nicolas Constantin

and for girl:

Tatiana and Alexandra Maria

Can´t imagine Tatiana since this is the name of Nicholaos´ mysterious girlfriend who he doesn´t marry.....
In case they call a girl indeed Tatiana then it might be a sign that Nik and Tatiana Blathnik have some plans to announce...

I like these names for a girl: Agathe, Arthemis, Iris or Daphne...for a boy: Alexis, Hektor or Nikolaos...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom