The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 10:27 AM
Serene Highness

A Spanish journalist say that they have sold the exclusive to a magazine:
Marie Chantal and Pavlo has sold the exclusive to a magazine, everything will be closed to reserve the exclusive.Why????????????????
Other years they had summoned to the Spanish and European press, they have sold exclusive, it is possible that the magazine "Hola !"????....
other times they had sold the exclusive officials photos or ceremony, but they had done a sitting for journalists ....
but now is entirely unique.
I think that it is "Hola!"

Old 07-31-2009, 03:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

So does this mean they won't show pictures at the time of the event? We won't get to see any on the message board?

Old 07-31-2009, 03:43 PM
Serene Highness

in the first place: When is the date of the baptism?
First,This weekend, it has said a Spanish journalist.
Second, the day 4 august , it has said some Greek magazines , and blogs that speak of famous
Three, some Spanish journalists says that it will be to along of vacation of the Kings of Spain, before that the Princess Cristina will travel to the USA, it is about day 15. The Sunday the Kings of Spain arrive at Majorca.

A Spanish journalist has said that it hasn´t sense follow the Queen to Greece because the baptism is sold to a magazine. .and he says that it will be very difficult to obtain photos of members of the Royal House of Spain. I believe that when a Spanish journalist says that " it is sold" is because is the magazine; "Hola! " , when the Magazine "Hola ! " buys an exclusive right does not want that nobody publishes photos of it…

I THINK:

If it is this weekend, the Queen Sofia will not be because she is of official travel to Portugal . I belive that official Web of the Royal House of Greece would have an official communicated with the name of the godfathers.
the official web has not published communicated… But if is true that exist an exclusive right , my opinio is that will not have communicated about it .
If it is day 4, it is very rare to me that the Greek journalists say it, it is not habitual… but by this reason I think that it could be true, Furthermore the Greek magazine emphasizes that strictly private (the exclusive).It could be the day4.

I will like see this baptism as in the past..I don´t want exclusive
Old 07-31-2009, 08:11 PM
Nobility

I don´t know the date of the baptism, but I believe that the ceremony in the church, we will see the Kings of Greece and Queen Sofia .. some people are followers of the King who attend these acts. I believe that we will see them in churn … The ceremony it could be exclusive right, when Pavlo baptized to his son in Athens, they gave to the exclusive right to the greek magazine "lIFE&STYLE",but they put for the rest of the journalists. I believe that they do not want to give publicity to the act because they do not want a tumult of people, because the king of Greece is not recovered of intervention and it could be dangerous for him.
Old 08-01-2009, 09:24 AM
Nobility

I agree with you Stef, the exclusive rights, if there are some, are most probably for the inside of the Church or Chapel.
By the way, as I see you write from Athens, do you know a link to visit the website of the Greek magazine Life and Style ? And is it possible to buy ancient issues of the magazine (the ones with the GRF of course :)) ?
Old 08-01-2009, 10:37 AM
Heir Apparent

There is nothing on the royal family's website at this time. Do you know who reported this Beltraneja? It seems like there are usually a few reports before each christening in this family.
Old 08-01-2009, 01:09 PM
Serene Highness

I heard the christening will take place on Thursday in Greece,with 7 godparents.The 2 younger children,Theodora & Philip,will stay in the US,though.I'm looking forward to seeing Marie Chantal's outfit during the christening.
Old 08-01-2009, 01:12 PM
Nobility

Here is the latest for the christening, according to the greek tv channel Alter The christening will take place August 6th around 7 in the afternoon. The guests will be less than 100 and Princess Theodora and Prince Philipos will not attend because they are currently in the US.
The journalists speculate that the christening will take place in Spetses island like the previous time and then the reception will be at Porto-Heli the Kings summer residence.
Finally the greek press mentions Tattiana and the fact she will attend since she is Prince Nikolaos fiance.
Old 08-02-2009, 02:02 AM
Majesty

The Greek Royal Family gathered in Greece for the baptism of Prince Aristides.Queen Sofia and Infanta's Elena and Christina flew in last night.
Old 08-02-2009, 09:14 AM
Administrator

I've removed the argument over the differing media claims of what is going on. One year after the birth, we can wait a few days or so.
Once we are sure of the christening, we can create the Prince's christening thread.

Warren
GRF moderator
Old 08-03-2009, 09:31 AM
Nobility

Does anyone know if any members of the Danish family attended the christening?
Old 08-03-2009, 09:52 AM
Serene Highness

I have read:
Godparents of the child:

Princess Cristina of Spain, Prince Kiril of Bulgaria, Spiro Niarchos, Staurus Lebanon .. the rest are friends.
I don´t know if will attend members of the Royal family of Denmark.

Teodora and Filipos will be in it, Teodora was in Epiduaro the day 11 of july with her parents, she is in Greece.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lia View Post
Finally the greek press mentions Tattiana and the fact she will attend since she is Prince Nikolaos fiance.
What? Tatjana is the fiancé of Nikolaos? When did they get engaged?
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 08-03-2009, 12:37 PM
Administrator

'Fiancé' is often used by the European press in the sense of 'long-term'.
It can be very misleading when it is then quoted back as if a couple is officially engaged.
Old 08-03-2009, 12:55 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Has it always been the case that there has been a sizable gap between birth and christening?

I wish Prince Federik and Princess Mary to be godparents.
Old 08-03-2009, 02:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post
Has it always been the case that there has been a sizable gap between birth and christening?

I wish Prince Federik and Princess Mary to be godparents.
Not typcially, lumutqueen. This year has been a very busy one for the family, though. King Constantine had a heart operation earlier this spring. This may or may not have been a factor in their decision to wait until after the baby's first birthday. Marie-Chantal opened a new boutique in London last fall, and traveled to Los Angeles earlier this year to open a boutique there.
Old 08-03-2009, 03:01 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgl View Post
Not typcially, lumutqueen. This year has been a very busy one for the family, though. King Constantine had a heart operation earlier this spring. This may or may not have been a factor in their decision to wait until after the baby's first birthday. Marie-Chantal opened a new boutique in London last fall, and traveled to Los Angeles earlier this year to open a boutique there.
Oh thank you sgl, for the explanation. I wondered whether this was the norm for Greece.
Old 08-04-2009, 01:58 PM
Serene Highness

Yesterday, Queen Sofia was in Athens to visit the museum " Hellenic Kosmos" about 12pm ...

Imageshack - familyjjs

they are the member of the Spanish Royal Family to attend the christening .. And I think the lady that is next to the Queen Sofia is Markos Nomikos's sister, friends of the Greek royal family.
Old 08-05-2009, 06:54 AM
Aristocracy

Probably the surgery of king Constantine delated the christenig. By the way, the christening will take place at Agioi Anargiroi Monastery, at Ermioni, near Porto Heli. Those are my newest informations
Old 08-05-2009, 07:01 AM
Royal Highness

How great to see the Queen, the Infantas and the children in this photo. Hope there will be plenty of images of this occasion!