The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 01:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinigirl View Post
I don't think so, because of the different faith and because thats a thing which is not done in royal circles (ok, I can think of one exeption, but that was nearly 40 years ago)
I agree 100%. Stavros Aristidis will be baptised in the GO Church and the Dutch baby in the Protestant faith. There is no chance of a double ceremony.

Old 05-16-2009, 03:49 PM
Courtier

Wonder how these rumours about an upcoming baptism will harmonize with Constantine´s medical surgery.

Old 05-16-2009, 06:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefanie View Post
Wonder how these rumours about an upcoming baptism will harmonize with Constantine´s medical surgery.
I have been out of the loop for sometime now and did not read anything about plans for the baptism. What was said about it? Are the July plans firm? The baby will be 13 months old by then.
In any case I am sure if all goes well the King will be able a month after the surgery to attend the ceremony if it does not involve travelling.
Old 05-16-2009, 07:32 PM
Serene Highness

If this is in June or July, I think it will be in London, after the intervention because the King can not travel by plane for a long period of time.
Old 05-17-2009, 08:07 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odette View Post
I...did not read anything about plans for the baptism. What was said about it?
Nothing has been announced officially Odette. In the absence of real news, speculation fills the vacuum.
Old 05-26-2009, 04:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Who of you think that Marie and Pavlos don't want a baptism for their youngest son and let him made his own experiences, like Claire and Laurent with the twin sons?
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 05-26-2009, 05:36 PM
Courtier

Well, I can´t imagine Aristidis not being baptised because all his brothers-and-sisters were - maybe it already happened in private - the same with Claire´s and Laurent´s twins
Old 06-15-2009, 11:29 AM
Commoner

I personally think it's odd they haven't announced anything of a baptism... when are they really expecting it to take place? In Christmas?
[I am really looking forward to seeing photos of the GRF :) ]
You are so young, my son, and, as the years go by, time will change and even reverse many of your present opinions. Refrain therefore awhile from setting yourself up as judge of the highest matters. Plato
Old 06-15-2009, 05:16 PM
Serene Highness

I think the perfect time for baptism, should have been the weekend before the Orthodox Easter in april, but I think they were very busy with the opening of stores in USA .... now? I think it is hard to predict it...
Old 06-15-2009, 05:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Perhaps they are waiting for King Constantine to fully recover? They may also be waiting until the late summer or early fall, since Pavlos' cousin Prince Joachim of Denmark will be having a christening for his new baby at the end of July. Even if they did it privately, I would still think that they would announce godparents. It is very strange. I'm sure that Aristide is very close to being able to walk now (or may even be walking already), and most likely wouldn't fit into any of the heirloom christening gowns that may be in the family.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:29 AM
Serene Highness

I think they should baptize soon before the child starts talking, because if they take too long and the child starts talking it can be very confrontational ... The child could confuse the the Orthodox patriarch with other person..The child may call the patriarch "Santa Claus"
Old 06-28-2009, 04:35 PM
Nobility

Tomorrow will be Aristides birthday 1 year, and he is not baptized.

He is not orthodox yet.
Aristide is the only member of the Royal Family is not Greek Orthodox still
Old 07-29-2009, 02:32 AM
Nobility

When Queen AM returns back to Greece it can be time for the baptism of little prince Aristidis Stavros. Princess Marie Chantal said in an interview earlier this year that the baptism will be in Greece, in Summer, with all family... Maybe Greek posters heard about more precisions ?
Old 07-29-2009, 09:01 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by sita View Post
When Queen AM returns back to Greece it can be time for the baptism of little prince Aristidis Stavros. Princess Marie Chantal said in an interview earlier this year that the baptism will be in Greece, in Summer, with all family... Maybe Greek posters heard about more precisions ?
Things are very quiet over here, no news since the surgery of his Majesty and since the Queen was in another baptism on the 26th i think they might plan the christening in August.
Probably at the end of the month. Thats just a guess of-course but if i recall correctly since on the 15th of August we celebrate Virgin Mary the church does not preform weddings and christenings some weeks before. (I know thats whats happening Easter time for sure) so its a probable reason why the christening could take place at the end of August.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:09 AM
Nobility

Brilliant clue Lia, thank you ! So let us wait patiently...
Old 07-29-2009, 11:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Hopefully, it will be soon. Aristides is most likely able to walk now, so they will need to figure out if they will carry him, or let him walk to the font; and also, what they will use for a christening outfit. I'm sure the family's gowns will not fit him at this stage.
Old 07-29-2009, 05:15 PM
Aristocracy

Today , in Spanish ´s tv said that the baptism will be this weekend in Greece
Old 07-29-2009, 09:16 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgl View Post
Hopefully, it will be soon. Aristides is most likely able to walk now, so they will need to figure out if they will carry him, or let him walk to the font; and also, what they will use for a christening outfit. I'm sure the family's gowns will not fit him at this stage.
Its not unusual to baptize kids from 6-7 months old to even 1,5-2 years old over here.
Of course there is a lot more crying and the God-parents are having difficulty to hold on to a oily kid after the baptism.
(the god-parent must put oil all over the naked baby and then the priest puts the baby in the water-some even put their heads under water for a second-others just put water on the head of the baby with their hands).
So you see the difficulty that arises. Otherwise there is no problem getting special clothes for the baptism for the kid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by olili View Post
Today , in Spanish ´s tv said that the baptism will be this weekend in Greece
I hope the greek tv has coverage of the baptism!!!Thank you for the news
Old 07-30-2009, 12:53 PM
Nobility

Thank you very much Lia for your details about the ceremony. Indeed we had pictures of baby prince Constantine naked with very shiny skin, now i understand why.
You will probably be our best commentator about the event... Big week end for us all ahead, how nice !
Old 07-30-2009, 04:41 PM
Serene Highness

The same magazine Greek which I have scanned the photo of the Kings of Greece in the Epidauro, it says that the baptism will be the day 4 of August in Porto Heli,
it says that enters the guests will be very members of royals and very famous people... ,I think that it exaggerates much with respect to the guests and celebration… but I think that it is true..., it says that first will be celebrate in the church the baptism and later in the residence of the ex- King in Porto Heli, a private party .…, I think that it is true because The Kings of Spain today have began a visit of three days to Portugal, Madeira, it finalize the Saturday at night, and in the morning of sunday will arrive the Kings to the airport of Majorca, they will be received by the authorities of the island.(In Portugal, the King has condemned the terrorist attack in Majorca, the visit has not been suspended).I belive that the Queen Sofia should be in baptism...
I think that it could be 4th of august as say the greek magazine..