Suggested names and godparents of Marie Chantals' 5th child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if any members of the Danish family attended the christening?

I have read:
Godparents of the child:​

Princess Cristina of Spain, Prince Kiril of Bulgaria, Spiro Niarchos, Staurus Lebanon .. the rest are friends.
I don´t know if will attend members of the Royal family of Denmark.

Teodora and Filipos will be in it, Teodora was in Epiduaro the day 11 of july with her parents, she is in Greece.​

Finally the greek press mentions Tattiana and the fact she will attend since she is Prince Nikolaos fiance.

What? Tatjana is the fiancé of Nikolaos? When did they get engaged?

'Fiancé' is often used by the European press in the sense of 'long-term'.
It can be very misleading when it is then quoted back as if a couple is officially engaged.

Has it always been the case that there has been a sizable gap between birth and christening?

I wish Prince Federik and Princess Mary to be godparents. :flowers:

Has it always been the case that there has been a sizable gap between birth and christening?

I wish Prince Federik and Princess Mary to be godparents. :flowers:

Not typcially, lumutqueen. This year has been a very busy one for the family, though. King Constantine had a heart operation earlier this spring. This may or may not have been a factor in their decision to wait until after the baby's first birthday. Marie-Chantal opened a new boutique in London last fall, and traveled to Los Angeles earlier this year to open a boutique there.

Not typcially, lumutqueen. This year has been a very busy one for the family, though. King Constantine had a heart operation earlier this spring. This may or may not have been a factor in their decision to wait until after the baby's first birthday. Marie-Chantal opened a new boutique in London last fall, and traveled to Los Angeles earlier this year to open a boutique there.

Oh thank you sgl, for the explanation. I wondered whether this was the norm for Greece. :flowers:

Yesterday, Queen Sofia was in Athens to visit the museum " Hellenic Kosmos" about 12pm ...

Imageshack - familyjjs

they are the member of the Spanish Royal Family to attend the christening .. And I think the lady that is next to the Queen Sofia is Markos Nomikos's sister, friends of the Greek royal family.

Probably the surgery of king Constantine delated the christenig. By the way, the christening will take place at Agioi Anargiroi Monastery, at Ermioni, near Porto Heli. Those are my newest informations

How great to see the Queen, the Infantas and the children in this photo. Hope there will be plenty of images of this occasion!

Αnd don't forget to mention: the name of the baby will be Aristidis Stavros, not Aristidis Pavlos, as the greek tv chanell ALTER said.
Also, Quenn Sofia and the Infandas, with Inaki Urdangarin and their children are already in Greece. On Sunday they visited the Royal cemetary at Tatoi, and the Royal Residance, under havy police mesures. Yesterday they visited Ancient Olympia.

Is it now for sure that the date of the baptism is the 6th?
Anything known whether Princess Alexia will attend and whether she will bring Carlos and the children along?

Yes, it's sure, and the hour will be aproximatelly at 19:00...i don't see why princess Alexia not to attend...do you have any information about that?

I ask because after Carlos was questioned of that influence peddling affair in Lanzarote you didn´t hear anything any more of the family....

He was just questioned...not charged...and Alexias's family is of a low profile with no publicity...:)

Will any of the Danish Royal family attend? What about the English Royals??

Well, the English Royals never attented any od the two previous christenings that took place in Greece, of alexias's daughter in 2003 and of Pavlos son in 2005. So, i don't think they'll attend now.In any case, the ceremony will be in a very close family circle. I think that Queen Margrete will attent, but i'm not sure. i'll see tommorow and i'll tell you all the news :)

I agree with you, Regarding the Danish royal family, I think that would be Princess Benedicte and her daughter , the Princess Alexandra ,The Queen of Denmark I think that it is very difficult but it could be and she would be...

Yes, and prinsess Benedicte's daughter was one of the "godfather" of Odyseas Kimonas, prince Pavlos' son. Althought there will be no surprise if we see Queen Markgrete, as at the last 2 years has visitin informal Greece for summer again...!

We probably won't see Queen Margrethe's husband, Prince Henrik, or her son, Crown Prince Frederik. They are both participating in a boat race.

Indeed...a christenig is mainly for women:)...just jocking...For the same reason also King juan Carlos and Crown Prince Felippe of Spain, they will not be to Greece, cause they are participating at "Copa Del Rey" sailing reggata.

Roibat, thank you for being so active about this much expected Christening. Can you tell us anything about the monastery where you said it will take place. Is it the same place as for Odysseas ?

We probably won't see Queen Margrethe's husband, Prince Henrik, or her son, Crown Prince Frederik. They are both participating in a boat race.

Thats a real shame. I was hoping Frederik would be godfather.
I doubt and British royals will attend, Queen M might :flowers:

Odysseas-Kimon was christened at Church of the Convent of St. John the Baptist, Karea, Athens, Greece. :)

Might I just say that Wikipedia states that Aristide has already been christened. :whistling:

Dear Sita, the Monastery is called Agioi Anargyroi, wich is Sant Anargigoi. The on that Odysseas was christened is in Athens, this one is in Ermiaoni,near Porto Heli, at northeast Peloponisse. At another monastery at Porto Heli was christened Alexias' baby, Anna Maria, back on 2003, and this was the 1st royal christening in Greek soil again for the Greek royal familly...
I'm so active because inspite the first time,since the royal family started to visit Greece again in 2003, now they are a litle bit low profile and they keep mass Media away...This christening is a great oportunity not only or Media, but also for people who love the greek royals to see them all together...but i don't know if they care for that :-(

Roimat, thanks for all your information about this occasion. I´m hoping there will be many photos as I am a great admirer of the GRF. I do hope Alexia will be there with her lovely children. I miss seing them more often.

Thank you Roimat, enjoy your evening then, we hope you will be satisfied !

All posts containing information and photos of Aristidis Stavros' Christening should be posted in this thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom