The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 03:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

So it is ARISTIDES STAVROS............Welcome to the world little one! Long happy life.

Old 07-10-2008, 04:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

That hasn't been confirmed as the baby's name, so right now it's as speculative as all the names people here have come up with.

"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 07-10-2008, 05:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Sister it was in the paper on line about MC opening a new shop in Beverly Hills etc.It had the baby's name and weight and height. It is not a name suggested on these boards. Actually no one came up with either name. I doubt the paper would "make " that name up either.
Old 07-10-2008, 07:18 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by sita780 View Post
Or rather I think :
Marie-Olympe
Constantin (the end is pronounced like vin or pain).

In fact I've read that the boys are often called Tino, Achi and Odi. Nothing about a shortened version of Maria Olympia.

In the recent swedish documentary we can hear several times that MC calls her husband Pavlos (and not Paul).
Their names in French would be Marie-Olympie, Constantine Alexis, Achille André, Ulesses Kimon. Although, the name of their last son is tough to translate. It's VERY Greek, so the French translation is a loose one.
Old 07-10-2008, 11:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie2006 View Post
Their names in French would be Marie-Olympie, Constantine Alexis, Achille André, Ulesses Kimon. Although, the name of their last son is tough to translate. It's VERY Greek, so the French translation is a loose one.
I guess Aristide would come as close as it gets........
Old 07-10-2008, 11:13 PM
Courtier

Aristidis Stavros...hmm. I don't know if I like that. It doesn't roll off the tongue well the way Achileas-Andreas and Odysseas-Kimon do, nor does it really sound regal. Stavros reminds me of that Greek shipping heir that Paris Hilton was dating.
His sense of responsibility is not less than yours or mine. How could we tell right from wrong as simple people in any kind of situation? How could we know that our courage, loyalty and lives were not misused for evil purposes?
Old 07-12-2008, 09:48 AM
Royal Highness

Well,that came as a shock!Although they are both beautiful names:Aristidis was an ancient Athenean known for his great sense of justice.Of course,they can call him Aris.And Stavros is a common christian name meaning "cross".Not bad at all...
Old 07-12-2008, 05:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Stavros is Greek for Stephen, I believe. I think Aristides Stavros is a very regal-sounding name, appropriate for the grandson of the (former) King of Greece.

I like the fact that as Greek royalty, they've given their children very Greek names. Obviously parents can name their kids whatever they want, but a part of me likes seeing names that reflect where those kids come from or where their parents come from.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 07-12-2008, 06:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

Hello Sister. Stephen is Stefanos in Greek. The name day for St Stefanos is Dec 27. Stavros's name day is celebrated on September14 the day of the Cross. I agree the name is unusual and regal.
Old 07-15-2008, 10:40 AM
Royal Highness

Maybe many of you think that Stavros is not a good name or it doesn't sound regal,but I can assure you that it is a very beautiful name in Greece and a name that we don't hear very often.Konstantinos,Pavlos and Nikos are much more common(especially Konstantinos,half of the greek male population is called like that),so common that they don't really sound regal anymore.
Old 01-06-2009, 02:09 PM
Royal Highness

Do you think a christening is possible to take place in winter? I doubt it,because I know that we use to baptise our babies after Easter and during the summer,until September.The christening will take place in Greece,so it would be really really strange for the Greek guests.Thus,I believe Pavlos and MC will wait at least until Easter

Let me explain this now that I have some time:the christening (if they are really in a hurry) can take place until the 1st of March,because this is the day when the Carnival finishes this year(mind you,Greek people don't like to organize weddings or christenings during the Carnival).From the 2nd of March and until Easter,on the 19th of April(for 40 days every year)there will be the period of the 40 days fast.Christenings and weddings are forbidden during this period.Which means that they have around 1 and a half month(until the 1st of March) to organize the christening,otherwise they will have to wait until Easter.
Old 02-06-2009, 06:28 PM
Serene Highness

I think Carlos Morales would be one of the godparents and the Prince Haakon of Norway other.
I think any member of the Danish royal family, Princess Mary ....
Old 02-07-2009, 11:33 AM
Courtier

Thankyou, I was wondering why this christening has taken sooo long, now it makes sense.
Any public announcement on who the Godparents will be???
Perhaps William or Harry ??
Old 02-07-2009, 12:49 PM
Royal Highness

You're welcome!!No,I haven't heard anything yet.This makes me think that the christening will take place after Easter.They have only 3 weeks until the 1st-2nd of March.Plus,it's not something unusual for the Greek parents.They prefer warm weather for the christening of their children,because they don't want their baby to get cold and sick.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:19 AM
Courtier

Any word when the Christening will be?? If they wait too much longer he will be able to walk to his own Christening. Also any word of who the Godparents are going to be ??
Thanks!
Old 04-15-2009, 05:28 AM
Administrator

If the information was publicly available it would be posted here.
Old 05-07-2009, 03:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think we will have a double christening with Aristidis-Stavros and the newborn child of Joachim and Marie!
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 05-07-2009, 04:04 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
I think we will have a double christening with Aristidis-Stavros and the newborn child of Joachim and Marie!
I don't think so, because of the different faith and because thats a thing which is not done in royal circles (ok, I can think of one exeption, but that was nearly 40 years ago)
Old 05-07-2009, 06:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Who was the double Christening jinigirl
Old 05-11-2009, 01:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

The double christening was as far as I know the christening of Prince Johan-Friso of the Netherlands and Prince Maurits of Oranje-Nassau, van Vollenhoven.

I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Closed Thread