The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 01:42 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefanie View Post
Can´t imagine Tatiana since this is the name of Nicholaos´ mysterious girlfriend who he doesn´t marry.....
In case they call a girl indeed Tatiana then it might be a sign that Nik and Tatiana Blathnik have some plans to announce...
really? I didn't know that. well It'll be a huge surprise for us

Old 04-25-2008, 01:01 PM
Nobility

I would say Apollonia-Frederika, because with one daughter called Olympia, they could look for a name equally strong (like Victoria meaning victory, or Apollonia referring to the sun god). Then Frederika like one reverred grand-mother.

Old 04-25-2008, 04:09 PM
Commoner

It would be nice if it was a girl to be named after pavlos's aunt,Irene.Princess Irene dosen't have any kids of her own although she does a lot for many kids.She seems to be a caring person and her name means peace in greek.
Yrini....simple and nice name like herself.
Old 04-25-2008, 04:49 PM
Royal Highness

Phaedra Irene Chantal

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 04-26-2008, 02:55 AM
Courtier

Hi Ineke! I don't think I've ever seen someone with my avatar

I love Princess/Queen Ingrid :)

Erm...back on topic. I think I'm still rooting for Maria Titania, because I love history and connections like that, and it would work either as a reference to the gods of Olympus and the Titans, or with the two White Star liners, Olympic and the infamous Titanic!

I don't think Hector is in the running, because he wasn't a Greek hero. Imagine, Odysseas is the baby now, but when his brother Hector comes along, those two will have to fight it out xD
His sense of responsibility is not less than yours or mine. How could we tell right from wrong as simple people in any kind of situation? How could we know that our courage, loyalty and lives were not misused for evil purposes?
Old 04-26-2008, 06:16 AM
Aristocracy

I think Athina/Athena for a girl, and for a boy Acamas.

Maybe Athena-Marie and Acamas-Nikolaus
Old 04-27-2008, 09:01 AM
Serene Highness

I still really like Marina for a girl. Or Octavia. For a boy I've changed to Marcelius or Dimitry.
Old 04-28-2008, 04:47 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellinotati View Post
It would be nice if it was a girl to be named after pavlos's aunt,Irene.Princess Irene dosen't have any kids of her own although she does a lot for many kids.She seems to be a caring person and her name means peace in greek.
Yrini....simple and nice name like herself.

Princess Irene already has a niece named after her. The daughter of Princess Christina of Spain is Irene
Old 04-28-2008, 10:44 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella View Post
I still really like Marina for a girl. Or Octavia. For a boy I've changed to Marcelius or Dimitry.
I love Octavia and Marina for a girl. I also have just remembered the name Ophelia. Maybe, HRH Princess Ophelia-Marina?!
Old 04-28-2008, 08:59 PM
Nobility

I hope so much that the baby will this time be a little girl!

As names I would like

Maria Athina
Maria Ariadne
Maria Alexandra
Maria Anastasia

... not Frederica, Helena, Olga, those names I really don't like!

For a boy

Alexandros Philippos
Old 04-28-2008, 11:23 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beck View Post
I love Octavia and Marina for a girl. I also have just remembered the name Ophelia. Maybe, HRH Princess Ophelia-Marina?!
I love all those names. I also like Athina.
Old 05-05-2008, 07:37 AM
Royal Highness

I love Octavia, Marina and Athina. Haven´t a clue if it is a boy!
Old 05-05-2008, 07:51 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Since they are going for names from the greek mythology I am all in favour of Clytemnestra, considering she was the femme fatale accodording to Euripides, she murdered her husband King Agamemnon and his concubine Cassandra (among other things).
Old 05-05-2008, 09:00 AM
Aristocracy

Sice they live in the UK, I think it would be nice to name a boy Philippos in honour of the Duke of Edinburgh, who was born as Philippos, as well as CP Pavlos's brother (Perhaps Prince Philippos was named for the Duke??). Also, they could name a boy after the first Glücksburg King of Greece, Giorgios.
It's hard to combine these double-names, I wonder why they insist on using them, but I still suggest Giorgios Philippos for a boy and Maria Penelope for a girl. Penelope was the loyal and faithful wife of Odysseas.
Old 05-15-2008, 07:18 AM
Administrator

Posts about the legal position of "heirs" have been moved to the Titles & Rules for the Royal Family thread.
Old 05-15-2008, 04:37 PM
Serene Highness

I love Olivia.
Old 05-20-2008, 10:31 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beck View Post
I think Athina/Athena for a girl, and for a boy Acamas.

Maybe Athena-Marie and Acamas-Nikolaus

Athena-Maria is a lovely name
Old 05-21-2008, 07:48 AM
Commoner

Kassandra-Elena, Priamos-Nikolaos

After the four elder siblings (Maria-Olympia, Konstantinos-Alexios, Achileas-Andreas, Odysseas-Kimon), i believe they will choose one traditional family linked name and one from the greek history/gods etc.

For a girl:
family based:
- Anna as firstname
-Anastasia (maybe too much linked to the daughter of the czar of russia)
-Evgenia
- Helena/Elena
-Ekaterini
-Aspasia
-Olga
-Marina
_Sophia

Historical/legends:
- Kassandra
- Polyxena/Xena/Xenia
-Phoibe
-Thea
-thalia
-Aglaia
-Andromeda
-Medeia
-Penelope
-Elektra

So Anna-Polyxena, Kassandra-Elena and Thea-Ekaterini are sounding good to me. Anna-Thalia i would like best, but i don't think they will take that one.

For a boy
family based:
-Philippos
-Nikolaos
-Christopherus
- Georgios
-Dimitri

history based or linked to legends:
-Theodosios
- Nektarios
-Telemachos
-Priamos
-Ikaros
-Hektor

My guess is Priamos-Nikolaos, although i like Philippos and Theodosios best.
Old 05-21-2008, 08:22 AM
Serene Highness

Tilda1234, thanks for this long list of historical names! I agree Anna-Thalia sounds like a pretty name for a girl I like it. Phoibe sounds nice too as well. For a boy i really like Nikolaos! I guess we'll just have to wait and see!
Old 05-21-2008, 10:20 AM
Nobility

As I have no idea what they will call the next baby I will just throw a few random names that I think are similar in style to the ones they have picked so far.

I seem to have picked far more boys names than girls but I would like it to be a little girl this time.

Girls:
Nerissa, Agatha, Anna, Ophelia, Philipa, Eugenia (and variants), Jacinta, Evangeline, Melissa

Boys:
Demetrius, Apollos, Artemis, Basilio, Darius, Jason, Maximos, Nikos, Thaddeus, Ulysses, Stephanos, Damien

Happy guessing