The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #61  
Old 01-17-2008, 02:51 PM
sgl's Avatar
sgl sgl is offline
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: ~, United States
Posts: 4,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyPrincess168 View Post
1. Congratulations! I hope it's a girl and they name her after Pavlos' beloved paternal grandmother.
2. I hope MC doesn't take any risks with this pregnancy. After the outcome of #4 at a private clinic, they should take extra care. I don't know how the OB medical system works in England, but if there's even the slightest chance she may need blood, she should be at a hospital where she can get it right away, not a private clinic where she had to wait 4 hours.
3. As for the fifth child being "necessary", everybody has the own idea of how many kids is enough. The nurse taking care of my mom after baby #3 thought that that was one child too many, and was very vocal about it when taking care of her.
4. What is this going to do to the family fortunes? The more offspring there is to divide it up amongst, the sooner it will be all gone and the GRF will be poor once again.
What is the name of Pavlos' paternal grandmother?
__________________

__________________
  #62  
Old 01-17-2008, 03:22 PM
vally's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgl View Post
What is the name of Pavlos' paternal grandmother?
It's Frederika.

well, it really took me aback learning their expecting. and that because a) there were rumors that the couple didn't get along that well (and even rumors of divorce) and
b) because it really seems to me that MC is trying to prove sth (to herself, Alexia, Pavlos ,who knows?)

Anyway, since it's none of my business (of course) let's hope everything goes on smoothly and they deliver a healthy child!
__________________

__________________
You are so young, my son, and, as the years go by, time will change and even reverse many of your present opinions. Refrain therefore awhile from setting yourself up as judge of the highest matters. Plato
  #63  
Old 01-17-2008, 03:35 PM
sgl's Avatar
sgl sgl is offline
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: ~, United States
Posts: 4,826
Thank you Vally, for answering my question.
__________________
  #64  
Old 01-17-2008, 04:17 PM
iowabelle's Avatar
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Des Moines, United States
Posts: 2,405
I wonder why it is that we're hearing about so many royal mothers with near fatal deliveries (we could have lost MC and Sophie Wessex). You'd expect they would get the best care possible, and it's not so.
__________________
  #65  
Old 01-17-2008, 05:30 PM
sgl's Avatar
sgl sgl is offline
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: ~, United States
Posts: 4,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabelle View Post
I wonder why it is that we're hearing about so many royal mothers with near fatal deliveries (we could have lost MC and Sophie Wessex). You'd expect they would get the best care possible, and it's not so.
I wonder if this is because they are seeking alternatives to hospitals? I don't know the story behind Sophie Wessex's near-fatal delivery, but Marie-Chantal went to a private clinic. I also wonder if perhaps age is a factor. Marie-Chantal was in her mid-thirties when she had her last child, and I wonder if this played a role. It's difficult to know for sure.
__________________
  #66  
Old 01-17-2008, 10:40 PM
scooter's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: katonah, United States
Posts: 2,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgl View Post
Unfortunately, I don't have the link. The article is featured in the February 2008 issue of Vanity Fair magazine. If I had a scanner, I would scan it for you.
Is that the one with the blonde de jour in the black and white hat or the new one just coming out? Thanks!
__________________
  #67  
Old 01-17-2008, 10:47 PM
sgl's Avatar
sgl sgl is offline
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: ~, United States
Posts: 4,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
Is that the one with the blonde de jour in the black and white hat or the new one just coming out? Thanks!

No, it's the one with Indiana Jones on the cover. It is the issue that followed the one with the "blonde de jour" (this remark is funny and sadly, true).
__________________
  #68  
Old 01-18-2008, 07:54 AM
helenw's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 99
Quote:
I wonder why it is that we're hearing about so many royal mothers with near fatal deliveries (we could have lost MC and Sophie Wessex). You'd expect they would get the best care possible, and it's not so.
Sophie had placenta abrupta (sp), which means her placenta started to come away from the lining of the uterus, cuasing massive bleeding. This happened at home, so it had nothing to do with her level of care. It was something which could not be predicted. Once she arrived at hospital, (after a delay with the ambulance), I believe she received wonderful care in the NHS (public) hospital. She must have been impressed, as she went back to the same hospital for James' birth.

As for MC and Pavlos, congratualions! I'm not surprised, as I also recall her stating years ago she wanted 5 kids. They can afford them, so why not.
__________________
  #69  
Old 01-19-2008, 09:12 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 29
Such a good news. I'm so found of MC, wonderful couple, ten years of marriage and so in love. They always said they wanted 5 children and that's it. Hope everything will be OK and congratulations for them.
__________________
  #70  
Old 01-19-2008, 10:34 AM
Fashionista100's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgl View Post
I wonder if this is because they are seeking alternatives to hospitals? I don't know the story behind Sophie Wessex's near-fatal delivery, but Marie-Chantal went to a private clinic. I also wonder if perhaps age is a factor. Marie-Chantal was in her mid-thirties when she had her last child, and I wonder if this played a role. It's difficult to know for sure.
I asked my doctor is going past 35 would increase your risk for danger to yourself or your child. As I was thinking of holding off having a second child. She said it's an old myth that getting older increases the risk. It has more to do with genetics and your health.
__________________
  #71  
Old 01-19-2008, 01:21 PM
sgl's Avatar
sgl sgl is offline
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: ~, United States
Posts: 4,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fashionista100 View Post
I asked my doctor is going past 35 would increase your risk for danger to yourself or your child. As I was thinking of holding off having a second child. She said it's an old myth that getting older increases the risk. It has more to do with genetics and your health.
This is good to know. I am in my mid-thirties and haven't begun to think of having children yet.
__________________
  #72  
Old 01-19-2008, 03:19 PM
Turkish Delight's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Posts: 3,211
Congratulations to the couple
__________________
Everything we see in the world, is the creative work of woman.- Mustafa Kemal Atatürk
  #73  
Old 01-19-2008, 05:23 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Somewhere in Germany, Germany
Posts: 748
MC´s sister-in-law Alexia started her first pregnancy at the age of 36 and had her fourth child last October at the age of 42. And I´m sure she´ll have a fifth (and last one) around spring in 2009 when she´s almost 44.
__________________
  #74  
Old 01-22-2008, 05:56 AM
Sira's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Dakar, Senegal
Posts: 190
The news of MC pregnancy was a surprise but I ma veru happy for her. Babies are always a blessing. I wish her a healthy pregnancy and a safe delivery.
__________________
  #75  
Old 01-22-2008, 03:55 PM
iowabelle's Avatar
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Des Moines, United States
Posts: 2,405
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenw View Post
Sophie had placenta abrupta (sp), which means her placenta started to come away from the lining of the uterus, cuasing massive bleeding. This happened at home, so it had nothing to do with her level of care. It was something which could not be predicted. Once she arrived at hospital, (after a delay with the ambulance), I believe she received wonderful care in the NHS (public) hospital. She must have been impressed, as she went back to the same hospital for James' birth.
Yes, I know that placenta abruptia just happens... but the delay with the ambulance doesn't just happen. That could have had fatal consequences for Sophie if she had bled to death.

It just seems odd that two royal mothers could have been placed in so much peril, recently.
__________________
  #76  
Old 01-22-2008, 09:04 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Houston, United States
Posts: 853
The delay with the ambulance came because Sophie's staff didn't order an ambulance to come to get her, they called the doctor and said something was wrong without taking the necessary step of notifying someone that they couldn't bring her in, instead needing someone to be sent to get her. The ambulance delay wasn't the fault of the NHS -- someone at Bagshot apparently doesn't understand how medical services are dispatched.
__________________
Kelly D
  #77  
Old 01-23-2008, 12:34 AM
helenw's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 99
Quote:
Yes, I know that placenta abruptia just happens... but the delay with the ambulance doesn't just happen. That could have had fatal consequences for Sophie if she had bled to death.
The point I was making, that the episode with her condition, and the ambulance delay, had nothing to do with her level of care during her pregnancy. I was responding to a previous poster who implied her choice of care contributed to her near tragic outcome. It didn't.

Quote:
The delay with the ambulance came because Sophie's staff didn't order an ambulance to come to get her, they called the doctor and said something was wrong without taking the necessary step of notifying someone that they couldn't bring her in, instead needing someone to be sent to get her. The ambulance delay wasn't the fault of the NHS -- someone at Bagshot apparently doesn't understand how medical services are dispatched.
Thankyou, kelly9480. Exactly my point.
__________________
  #78  
Old 01-23-2008, 04:51 PM
iowabelle's Avatar
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Des Moines, United States
Posts: 2,405
Yes, what I meant was ... why didn't the ambulance come when Sophie was obviously in a dangerous condition -- particularly if she was a high-profile person? (Unfortunately, less-privileged women often get less care.)

Although her placenta abruptia was dangerous, I have no reason to think that health care professionals caused it or made it worse.
__________________
  #79  
Old 01-28-2008, 03:06 PM
misselle's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Los Altos, United States
Posts: 218
Congratulations to Marie-Chantal. I hope things go well for this pregnancy.I was a little surprised to hear that she was pregnant since she had such difficulties with her last delivery.
__________________
  #80  
Old 03-02-2008, 09:48 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Niort, France
Posts: 1

Hello, this is my first post, so be patient please.

So glad to hear the news that Princess Marie Chantal is expecting. I do hope all goes well and this time she a little girl, of course as long as the baby is healthy that is more important.

Carolyn
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Princess Aimee Expecting First Child Empress Princess Margriet, Prof. van Vollenhoven and Family 56 11-02-2007 12:54 PM
Princess Anita Expecting 1st Child pollyemma Princess Margriet, Prof. van Vollenhoven and Family 110 11-29-2006 05:27 AM
Princess Laurentien Expecting 3rd Child in June 2006 purple_platinum Prince Constantijn & Princess Laurentien and family 61 06-03-2006 02:15 PM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria duchess of cambridge dutch royal history fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri infanta leonor infanta sofia jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg nobility olympic games ottoman pom pregnancy president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess anita princess astrid princess beatrix princess charlene princess claire princess laurentien princess mabel princess madeleine princess marilene princess mary princess mary fashion princess of asturias queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden the hague wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:19 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]