Prince Pavlos' Job

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

suzanne_tc

Does anyone know if Prince Pavlos has a job that he goes to everyday? I haven't heard anything about his daily activities. MC has her clothing line and soon to be 4 kids and all the social things she is involved in, but not much is said about Pavlos.

I thought it was a shipping company? Or was that position held only when he was working in New York? In London now he must have a new job?

i remember reading some time ago that during his early marriage years, he was working for a shipping company then later he form a partnership ( but i cld be wrong here) in a funds / investment company.

Then there was stories that he was working for Robert Miller?

But don't know what he's doing since coming back to London... however shld be something pretty good cos they always seem to be living in style!

Originally posted by Eliza@Jun 26th, 2004 - 12:02 am
however shld be something pretty good cos they always seem to be living in style!
It's called living off the Miller money. :innocent:

On who's money do you live off???Because I think you don't know what the meanning of the word" work"

Out of curiosity, does Crown Prince Pavlos hold a job?

He manages a hedge fund - or, he did while in NYC. He may still be doing that.

Bubbette said:
Do any of us really think he works? :)
of course he does.. how else does he support the family?? the nonesense about them living off MC $$ is bull... the man gotta have his pride... he works!!!

cheers ;)

Queens said:
of course he does.. how else does he support the family?? the nonesense about them living off MC $$ is bull... the man gotta have his pride... he works!!!

cheers ;)
I don't know if this true but I read somewhere that when CP Pavlos & MC got married that MC's father Robert Miller gave Pavlos and his parents a dowry estimated to be at several million dollars. I also read that several of Greece's billionaires regualarly give money to support the Greek RF, so one would assume Pavlos as heir would get a piece of this for him & his family. Again, I don't know if any of this is true or not, I am just telling you what I have heard.

I have heard about the dowry as well and from what I have discussed here with others and on other boards, it seems that there was most likely a dowry.

It is true that several prominent Greek families do make regular annual donations to the GRF. I am not certain if Pavlos receives a stipend from that. If he is still working, then he does have his own private income regardless of the amount. Also, MC has a successful business and I wouldn't be surprised to find that her father most likely made a gift of certain stocks or investments to her and Pavlos as a wedding gift.

theprincess said:
I don't know if this true but I read somewhere that when CP Pavlos & MC got married that MC's father Robert Miller gave Pavlos and his parents a dowry estimated to be at several million dollars. I also read that several of Greece's billionaires regualarly give money to support the Greek RF, so one would assume Pavlos as heir would get a piece of this for him & his family. Again, I don't know if any of this is true or not, I am just telling you what I have heard.

Although the thread is closed, there is some discussion of an alleged dowry in this thread:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2372&page=3&pp=20&highlight=dowry

He manages a hedge fund and some of the capital came from MC's dad. The job allows him to travel because all you need is consistent internet access.

kelly9480 said:
He manages a hedge fund and some of the capital came from MC's dad. The job allows him to travel because all you need is consistent internet access.

Wow!This is like managing 55,5 banks globaly!!

kelly9480 said:

That's a bunch of PR from what I've heard. Pavlos is more like Mr. Mom now taking care of his ever-growing family while Marie is moving and shaking in London.

Since the Miller family paid Constantine a dowry of $20 million when Pavlos married Marie-Chantel, I doubt Pavlos has to work for a living at this point. Marie-Chantel has a trust fund worth $100 million and is all set for life.

wow. i didn't think still did dowries. do you think this is still a common practice?

superdog said:
wow. i didn't think still did dowries. do you think this is still a common practice?

It is a time-honoured tradition among royal families to pay a dowry upon marriage. Especially when the royal family in question is not rich and the prospective bride is.

I think that's absolutely disgusting if it's true. Just because your child marries it is NO justification to take money from people earned or inherited. It is WRONG to do such a thing.

If I may give an opinion, as far as I know trust is important in business, especially in finance. Thus having well known names with you is important. Which does not mean you can have any name of completely irrelevant people in your list of partners. I think this is his job, and it is appropriate for the (very) good education you mention, and also appropriate given the special connections he has.
Do not forget the mention about R Miller...very official business connections between them all...I hope this will make sarcastic commentators think twice (without offending anyone).

I thought Pavlos was partners in a hedge fund company with Alexander von Furstenburg (probably managing their wives money).

I have read in a magazine that he was working in a hedge funds company in New York.I dont know if he is still working because i believe he has moved from New York to England with the intention of living permetently in Greece.

Back
Top Bottom