The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-26-2014, 04:53 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wartenberg7 View Post
I think I´m a very tolerate person. But when it comes to harm others or another species, in my opinion a delicate line has been crossed!
So, I'm assuming you are a vegetarian or vegan. Good for you. However, as mentioned, there are millions of animals killed for food everyday and this meat is eaten by billions of people. The people who do the killing, processing and distribution of this food are not horrible people; they are doing a job that benefits everyone. I understand you are sensitive about seeing birds shot but that's just life and you need to get over yourself and be tolerant of the choices of others.

Old 08-26-2014, 04:56 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by mslewis View Post
So, I'm assuming you are a vegetarian or vegan. Good for you. However, as mentioned, there are millions of animals killed for food everyday and this meat is eaten by billions of people. The people who do the killing, processing and distribution of this food are not horrible people; they are doing a job that benefits everyone. I understand you are sensitive about seeing birds shot but that's just life and you need to get over yourself and be tolerant of the choices of others.
So writes the poster who just expressed intolerance over the choices of others in her previous posting.

Old 08-26-2014, 04:56 PM
Serene Highness

Well, his mother proudly watching as this short video shows...

Tino @alexiosgreece | Websta (Webstagram)

so sad....!
Old 08-27-2014, 11:09 AM
Gentry

People are just going to have to accept that he's young and want's to do these kind of things, whether we like it or not. Shooting in some people's eyes is barbaric and others simply don't care, but as an Non-Reigning Royal Family they do not get the same kind of scrutiny as the Windsor's or Orange-Nassau's. And as already stated, there are many reigning royal houses that do hunt and still are very popular... they are royalty and are doing what their ancestors have been doing for centuries, though I feel Tino identity's himself as an rich upper class Londoner rather than European Royalty, this is probably down to the normal upbringing his parents gave him and resulted in making friends with people who are rich rather than royal.

His Grace, The Duke
Old 08-27-2014, 07:52 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by mslewis View Post

Well, I dare to assume the animal being killed "sees" it quite differently....
The animal just wanted to live as long as possible; but the human being decided "No, I say your time´s up now because I say it is!"
Everyone with only a little bit of humanity and emotions inside of him/ her should start getting very uncomfortable thinking about that! If one don´t, well...

And DON`T teach me anything about tolerance! Someone who supports these actions shouldn´t take the word "tolerance" in his/ her mouth!

I can repeat again and again and again.... that the killing of millions of animals for food everyday doesn´t make killing animals at a hunt any better. An evil can never be an excuse for another one.

"they are doing a job that benefits everyone"
Do you really believe yourself what you are stating here?!?
Old 08-27-2014, 09:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

I like eating "animals". Either fish, eggs or even meat, I think there's a need in society to eat animals, they have good protein.

HOWEVER, I'm against killing animals for hobbies, just for the freaking pleasure. Now that is a horrible thing to do. I doubt people who kill animals to eat "enjoy" doing that. In this case, it looks like a hobby to me and sorry for that I can't tolerate, and yes it benefits, not me and not everyone but their stupid pleasure. Poor animals :(
Old 08-28-2014, 12:09 AM
Royal Highness

I think that as long as he is doing it in a proper and legal manner (not hunting things that are out of season, for instance), it is perfectly fine for him to do.

Although I don't hunt myself, I have plenty of friends and family who do. They don't hunt because they love killing animals and making them suffer. In fact, they work very hard to hit the animal in a place where it will be killed instantly and with little or no suffering. They only hunt animals that are in season, and they have a great appreciation for the beauty and majesty of the creatures that they hunt.

What many people don't realize is that hunting is a form of population control for the animals, too.
Old 08-28-2014, 03:52 AM
Heir Apparent

I grew up in an area of the US where there is a large population of white tail deer. You can't drive along the highway without seeing a deer that has been hit by a car. Occasionally, people are killed or seriously injured by car/deer collisions. Without any population control, the numbers of deer would be out of control and become too many animals for the land to support. More would get struck by car and die painfully deaths since they often only break a leg when hit by a car, the food supply would become scare and many would die from starvation.

The legal hunting season is in the fall where a hunter needs a license to take only one deer. The deer is used as food and not left behind.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 08-28-2014, 01:51 PM
Serene Highness

[QUOTE=Skippyboo;1697966]I grew up in an area of the US where there is a large population of white tail deer. You can't drive along the highway without seeing a deer that has been hit by a car. Occasionally, people are killed or seriously injured by car/deer collisions. Without any population control, the numbers of deer would be out of control and become too many animals for the land to support. More would get struck by car and die painfully deaths since they often only break a leg when hit by a car, the food supply would become scare and many would die from starvation.

No security deer fences in the US for safety of man and animal?!