The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > The Royal Family of Greece > Crown Prince Pavlos, Marie Chantal and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2003, 08:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Pavlos And Marie-chantal: Current Events October 2003 - February 2004

Follow the link for the first thread of pictures and news on Crown Prince Pavlos and Crown Princess Marie-Chantal of Greece and their family.

http://www.lestribunesroyales.com/forums/i...topic=2187&st=0

Old 10-15-2003, 03:32 PM
solangedebn

I made a mistake about MC's gown. It was not the one that she wore to Alexandra/Joachim's wedding. The blue gown looked quite elegant and demure, methinks...I think that it was Maxima/W-A's wedding. It was the gold, swirly, ruffly number that I was referring to.

Princess Grace she most definitely is not and will never be.
Old 10-15-2003, 05:46 PM
Royal Highness

yes, I remember that creation. Huge ruffles in chartreuse and pale yellow...something like that. She wore it to the pre-wedding ball for W-A and Maxima, you're right. That was not one of her better looks.
Old 10-15-2003, 06:46 PM

The problem with MC's clothing is that she wears clothes that would look good on someone who is 30 year older than she is. She downright looks frumpy most times. She tries wayyyyyyyyyyyyy too hard to look royal and it spoils the whole thing.
Old 10-15-2003, 07:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Here is the hideous creation Marie-Chantal wore to Willem and Maxima's pre-wedding ball. A good picture for one of those "What was he/she thinking???" games! And wasn't this by a big-name designer like Valentino, too? What a miss for the designer! I remember seeing pictures of the same dress on the runway and then on Marie-Chantal several weeks later. I think it was HELLO! or VOGUE or some like-minded magazine that commented that some looks aren't meant to leave the runway, case in point!

ETA copyright source www.ibl.se /Mandy
Attached Images

Old 10-15-2003, 09:51 PM
Heir Apparent

If you visit her website, www.mariechantal.com, you can read Marie-Chantal's biography, her clothing design's philosophy, see images of her designs and read news associated with the Princess and her designs.

Apparently a Pavlos and Marie-Chantal Foundation exists and in July 2002, Marie-Chantal designed an ivory jumper with the Greek flag on it. All the proceeds from sales of the jumper would go to benefit Greek orphanages.

At any rate, her website is an interesting read. Very pretty and cute, music and animation.
Old 10-16-2003, 03:56 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally posted by Alexandria@Oct 15th, 2003 - 8:51 pm
If you visit her website, www.mariechantal.com, you can read Marie-Chantal's biography, her clothing design's philosophy, see images of her designs and read news associated with the Princess and her designs.

Apparently a Pavlos and Marie-Chantal Foundation exists and in July 2002, Marie-Chantal designed an ivory jumper with the Greek flag on it. All the proceeds from sales of the jumper would go to benefit Greek orphanages.

At any rate, her website is an interesting read. Very pretty and cute, music and animation.
I think the music is nausiating. That is the only part of the website I did not like.
Old 10-16-2003, 01:12 PM
Commoner

MC is starting to look exactly like her mother.
Old 10-17-2003, 02:46 PM
Courtier

she looks so nice and relaxed w/ the kids.
The dress she wore with the ruffles is definitely a, um, interesting choice. Gotta give her props for trying it though.
Old 10-17-2003, 07:51 PM
Courtier

It&#39;s very interesting how she has to include that she&#39;s the Crown Princess Pavlos of Greece in every single bio she writes...or at least one that she commissioned, so to speak.
Old 10-17-2003, 09:18 PM
Gentry

well now let&#39;s be fair...if *you* were Crown Princess of "insert here"...wouldn&#39;t you include that all the time/everytime/toomuchtime?
Old 10-18-2003, 01:13 AM
Gentry

NO, not everyone includes that every time they write. Example: the famous writer
Queen Elizabeth of Rumania who wrote under the pen name Carmen Sylva and
no one knew for some time it was her&#33;

Not all royals shove it down someone&#39;s face.
Old 10-18-2003, 01:35 AM
Gentry

true enough. But I don&#39;t think that&#39;s an accurate comparison. Taking a pen name is usually to hide a true identity isn&#39;t it?
Old 10-18-2003, 11:08 PM
Courtier

I wouldn&#39;t, I think it&#39;s disgusting that you&#39;d trade your privacy and life for a title. I&#39;ve noticed that only some royals do shove it down your throat...mainly Marie-Chantal. Royals that were born into royalty are usually more relaxed and discreet. Of the ones that married into royalty- I&#39;ve never seen M-C looked relaxed or informal really...however you see Mathilde, MAxima, and Mette-Marit (haha, all four have &#39;M&#39; names) relax with their husbands, Marie-Chantal looks like she&#39;s acting when she&#39;s with Pavlos or with the kids...very..fake-ish.
Old 10-18-2003, 11:38 PM
Gentry

Yes but the 3 "M"s (soon to be the 4 "M" club :) ) are all CPsses of reigning houses. They live in the countries they are Psses of and will one day be Queen of.
MC isn&#39;t ever going to have any of that. Maybe it&#39;s some insecurity on her part. Maybe she knows she can&#39;t hold a candle to the other CPsses of reigning houses? She can&#39;t really (or chooses not to) go out into the Greek public and do great works of charity in her adopted country.
Honestly this family just needs to face the facts of their throne/reign. It&#39;s over for them and in a couple of generations after KC, this will all be different I think.

Now don&#39;t think I am sticking up for her, because I have yet to see any thing or action that is endearing or heartwarming concerning her. But until you walk a mile in another man&#39;s florsheims <weg> it&#39;s really hard to say you, or I, wouldn&#39;t toss out that title to anyone and everyone we could.
Old 10-19-2003, 10:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Marie-Chantal may only hold the CP title in stature only and doesn&#39;t have to "work" for it as the other members of the "M" club do, and so the other "M&#39;s" may get to demonstrate their caring, warmness, kindness, or affections for the people of their country more than Marie-Chantal on a regular basis. But that doesn&#39;t prevent Marie-Chantal from doing "great works of charity" wherever she is living, whether it be New York or London or even Greece if she wishes. She may not be handed a lovely bouquet of flowers when she arrives to cut the ribbon for a new school or have to give a speech at some benefit honouring Greek heritage, but if Marie-Chantal really had that caring quality or that innate desire to help others, she could surely find ways. I&#39;m sure charities would be happy and willing to have the CP of Greece as the chairperson or guest of honour of some event they were holding, or for Marie-Chantal to visit hospitals with sick kids. At least then she could use her title for some good.
Old 10-19-2003, 04:43 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by justine@Oct 18th, 2003 - 10:38 pm
Yes but the 3 "M"s (soon to be the 4 "M" club :) ) are all CPsses of reigning houses. They live in the countries they are Psses of and will one day be Queen of.
MC isn&#39;t ever going to have any of that. Maybe it&#39;s some insecurity on her part. Maybe she knows she can&#39;t hold a candle to the other CPsses of reigning houses? She can&#39;t really (or chooses not to) go out into the Greek public and do great works of charity in her adopted country.
Honestly this family just needs to face the facts of their throne/reign. It&#39;s over for them and in a couple of generations after KC, this will all be different I think.

Now don&#39;t think I am sticking up for her, because I have yet to see any thing or action that is endearing or heartwarming concerning her. But until you walk a mile in another man&#39;s florsheims <weg> it&#39;s really hard to say you, or I, wouldn&#39;t toss out that title to anyone and everyone we could.
Even if she isn&#39;t a CP of a reigning house, she can still do good things. Most people do wonderful things for their organizations and not just for the publicity&#33; Look at anybody who volunteers at hospitals or at food banks, etc. M-C seems like she only cares for the publicity. That&#39;s just my observation. She seems to feel that publicity is the only way she&#39;d volunteer for something...for the others, they do things not for the publicity...publicity goes to them.

Haha, the "3 M"s? Actually there are a lot more than just that, including the queen, there&#39;s: Crown Princesses Maxima, Mette-Marit, Mathilde, Marie-Chantal, Masako, hmmm...etc. Empress Michiko, Queen ...Marie of Greece, etc. of princesses- Princess Marie Caroline of Liechtenstein, Princess Mako of Japan, Princess Maria Olympia of Greece, Princess Margaret, Princess Martha Louise of Norway, etc. "M" seems to be a very popular letter... :flower:
Old 10-19-2003, 05:03 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally posted by moosey60@Oct 19th, 2003 - 3:43 pm
Haha, the "3 M"s? Actually there are a lot more than just that, including the queen, there&#39;s: Crown Princesses Maxima, Mette-Marit, Mathilde, Marie-Chantal, Masako, hmmm...etc.
Yes...I thought about including CPss Masako in that also.
So we have the "CPss M Club"...you must be a CPss and you must have a name which starts w/ an M....lol....secret handshake upon initiation
Then one by one they can join QMargarethe in the QueenM club.

I realize the MC *could* do good things if she chose. She seems to be very lost in her Pss role. It&#39;s probably not an easy transition from socialite to selfless Pss.
Old 10-19-2003, 05:18 PM
Aristocracy

Mari-Cha IV ,with Royal Prince Pavlos as a skipper!!

ETA copyright source www.polfoto.dk /Mandy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	post_30_1066535209maricha.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	22656  
Old 10-19-2003, 05:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by moosey60@Oct 19th, 2003 - 4:43 pm
Even if she isn&#39;t a CP of a reigning house, she can still do good things. Most people do wonderful things for their organizations and not just for the publicity&#33; Look at anybody who volunteers at hospitals or at food banks, etc. M-C seems like she only cares for the publicity.
Very right, moosey60. If Marie-Chantal really wanted to help others, there are hundreds of ways she could - if she wasn&#39;t after publicity for herself. I once read that before she was married and had kids, Infanta Cristina spent several months working as a nurse&#39;s aid (or something to that effect) for a charitable organization in Guatemala, which had been hit by some sort of a natural disaster. Because she wasn&#39;t performing many royal duties at the time, when asked about her, the King and Queen simply said that the Infanta was taking some personal time. There are no pictures of Infanta Cristina&#39;s stint as a "nurse" and hardly much mention of her important contributions at that time, so it goest to show you that it can be done if you are doing it for the right reasons.