Pavlos And Marie-chantal: Current Events October 2003 - February 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I'd post this for Marie Chantal fans. My scanner is not working, so apologies you'll have to get by with paraphrasing and quotes. Marie chantal was featured in the London Evening Standard - "Working Title - Park Lane Princess" (Promoting her company Marie Chantal)

"MC tells H Kirwan- Taylor why exile in London is harder work than it looks......

You can tell that MC or Princess Pavlos of Greece as she prefers to be called"(interesting), "is her Father's daughter..........The perfect highlights, the msnicured feet and hands etc etc etc - (she looks perfect) She's a fan of the Atkins Diet - "though I do it for weight. it makes me feel less tired" (IMO all my friends that have done the Aitkens diet all have 3 symptoms - bad breath, constipation (you rarely go the loo) and you're slightly fatigued - so I'm lost on this one) She goes on " I have to pace myself. I'm not one of those people who sleeps untill 10am. I'm up at six the day is for working" The journalist notes - "she's whippet thin and I soon learn, has the gift of appearing to eat when, infact she doesn't. Its not quite picking, but it suggests she's in control of the food, not the other way around. the quiche was still there when we finished,although I definetely saw the fork go in and out of her mouth."

Then they go on to her business - in operation for 3 years its finally in profit, she relies heavily on her father for advice, she wants to concentrate on a luggage and fragrance line and the boys range. The clothes are described as clothes targeted at children of the affluent. She asserts her Dads been a fantastic teacher, he built his company from scratch. She has pure American East Coast values - i.e. hard work etc.

They do the usual summary on her personal life - Her second child's nickname - Tino is the name for the company logo as well. When the journalist visited her there was a throng of publicits, photographers,stylists, makeup people etc in her house - she was having her photo taken - she had agreed to participate in an auction for the NSPCC (a charity in the UK) held by Celine. She was enjoying herself (well what girl wouldn't) She says "I'll do anything that benefits children". The house is huge but unpretentious "The house is dotted with pictures of the wedding with the Queen and Queen Mother in attendance. So you would expect the decor to be somewhat elaborate or atleast very expensive to match the couples connections, but the curtains are too tasselled and the carpet is too hotel- yellow. Empty hooks stick out of walls. Its just not how an exiled princess or,indeed a Park Avenue one, decorates her house, inspite of a picture collection that includes a dedicated Keith harring painting adn two Andy Warhol silk-screens of MC at 17. Its a rental she says" "We've been looking for a house for 3 years. We're experimenting to try and see where we want to live." She goes on about her parents being happily married for 38 years and they were raised the traditional way you worked problems out with your husband not just walked out. She does not go into any details but the family are devastated by the break up of her sisters marriages. The sisters all live in London now and are inseperable and very close. She (MC) is apparently the family rebel -she dropped out of NYU (where she was studying Art History), run away from swiss boarding school (le Rosey) age 13 -she hated boarding school and missed her parents (then living in Hong kong) - instead of her parents discplining her they apparently moved the whole family to Paris where she and her sisters then attended Ecole Active Bilingue. She wanted to be a singer - experimented with that for 2 years "a fantasy that lasted an expensive 2 years" - Her father wanted them to be whatever they wanted to be. Apparently they inherited drive from their father and everything their Mother does is beautiful. They summmarised the dads rags to riches success. Alex was the creative director for Diane von Furstenburg and Pia was the creative ambassador for the cosmetic company Sephora (i.e. they pay you to wear their products,similar to the deal Lady helen windsor had with Armani) they both do not work at the moment.

She then talks about her relationship with Pavlos- "They are in exile, MC says diplomatically, though that is where they will stay." (IMO I found that very curious it looks like they have made up their minds they are never going back.). Apparently they come from different worlds but share a strong sense of family values and how they want to raise their children. She says "Pavlos was raised with great privilieges but he has always worked hard.... we both want our children to understand the importance of hard work." He is now a Fund Manager. She does not tolerat rudeness, her children are taught to be polite, she hates rudeness, she's never rude to her staff, if they were her Dad would have slapped them. Working women are far and between in her social circles she comments that she'll attend a dinner party and the gentlemen will ask her - are you allowed to work.

It ends - "The Public lifestyle of "the Princess" as her staff refer to her is clearly grand but the private Marie-Chantal confesses to being a TV adddict - 'i'm addicted to the sopranos, she says Pavlos and I have been up all weekend watching the videos. its the West Wing next.' she adds. This Prince and Princess do let a little popular culture into their hardworking lives.

Hope you enjoyed that - Sheeba

Sheeba, thanks for all of that work. PLEASE when your scanner is working again ...if there were any pictures we would love to see them.

Was there any indication in the article about where (in London, I assume) this temporary home is? Is it by Hampstead near the in-laws or near all of the great shopping, Knightsbridge, etc.?

You're welcome.

Sorry we threw away the magazine. however if you go unto www.mariechantal.com which is the website for her clothes shop, click on Press room - you get 2 options click on the first one you get a copy of all the magazines she and her husband have been in. Perhaps they'll upload the Even Standard article as well. That's if the press officer is doing her job correctly.

My coleeague here says she recalls them saying they lived in West London. So they are not near their inlaws (Hampstead - is North London), so we reckon Chelsea, Knighstbridge area besides Nikolaos has his home in Chelsea I'm told.

A reminder to please NOT post images directly to the forum. We do not want to drain our bandwidth and face another temporary shutdown because we've done so.

Please post images as links instead.

Thank you.

Alexandria

Can you please take a look on the thread's title? It sais news and photos.....That means I am alloweded to post as much photos as I want to....So either you have change the title,as side admin,either to stop posting such messages like Napoleon before Waterloo,because many mmembers have problems with your behavior!!I have very immportant fotos to post,with kbs, lower than the clearence and I dont post 'em because I have the fear that I shall be grounded by you!!So take the link and 'eat' your time there:

http://www.marie-cha.com

Originally posted by laskaris@Feb 17th, 2004 - 9:28 am
Can you please take a look on the thread's title? It sais news and photos.....That means I am alloweded to post as much photos as I want to....So either you have change the title,as side admin,either to stop posting such messages like Napoleon before Waterloo,because many mmembers have problems with your behavior!!I have very immportant fotos to post,with kbs, lower than the clearence and I dont post 'em because I have the fear that I shall be grounded by you!!So take the link and 'eat' your time there:

http://www.marie-cha.com
You are welcome to share whatever photos you have, just share them as links please. There is no need to post them directly to the forum; we can enjoy your pictures of Pavlos and Marie-Chantal and their family as links just as much.

i can't see the pics , i get an error :s

Which photos are you having difficulty viewing? Who posted them so we can locate where the problem is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom