Pavlos And Marie Chantal: Current Events February 2004 - August 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not certain that she is the last Incan Princess. I have heard for years now that when she was younger that her friends called her that. I don't think that anyone really believed that she descended from Incan royalty.

Do you think they were calling her a princess in the negative sense of the word?

I'm glad someone brought up the Incan princess thing because I never understood that quote.

By the way, did she grow up wealthy? I am under the impression that her husband did not, that he built up his business into a super success.

Neither one of MC's parents grew up wealthy. Her father is a self-made man. He worked hard and had a great idea that made him very wealthy which allowed him to pursue other interests and even increase his wealth.

Mrs. Miller came from a working class family in Ecuador. She eventually moved to the the US (she had some relatives there goes the story) where she met Mr. Miller while she was working in a salon. They eventually married and have been together ever since. When they met Mr. Miller was not wealthy.

The last Incan Princess remark, I'm told is just what she was called by her friends, especially when she was younger. As you can see she is an attractive woman and apparently when she was younger she was absolutely stunning and carried herself in a certain way as she does now. This prompted her friends to call her the last Incan Princess. Whether or not she actually descends from any royalty still remains to be seen and researched.

I really can't say if they were referring to her negatively. The truth is that Mrs. Miller is attractive and always has been from the looks of it. I am not sure if the remark was based on her beauty or her poise. However, I can tell simply from photographs of her that Mrs. Miller does appear to have a rather daunting presence at times. Of course, this is only the opinion of one person from photographs and heresay. She may be a perfectly lovely person with her own friends and family.

What I meant was, in the US, when people refer to a woman as a "princess" it is not meant as a compliment - that the woman has an attitude, they think she is spoiled, etc.

Originally posted by Lady Jean@Feb 18th, 2004 - 6:21 pm
What I meant was, in the US, when people refer to a woman as a "princess" it is not meant as a compliment - that the woman has an attitude, they think she is spoiled, etc.
It can mean that Lady Jean. However, not all Americans believe that calling someone a Princess is a negative thing. For instance, my father has been calling me that for years and it isn't meant to be the least bit negative. :angel:

Sometimes, in the US women are called Princesses because they are seen as being regal, poised, sophisticated, precious, etc. I actually know a woman whose husband calls her, "Duchess" because of an air that she possesses. It doesn't always mean that a woman is being referred to as a spoiled tyrant who throws hissy fits.

Am i the only one hving some problem opening the files... i seem to only be able to open the 1st one but the others.

:wacko: :blink:

No, Eliza. I have had trouble as well. I was able to open the first, but not the others as yourself.

The other photos may show later if you check the links again after time has passed. Sometimes, Tripod suspends accounts bandwidths after a certain amount of usage for some reason. :rolleyes: I don't know why they do it, but it is possible that could be part of the problem. :unsure:

Originally posted by Jacqueline@Feb 20th, 2004 - 12:32 am
No, Eliza. I have had trouble as well. I was able to open the first, but not the others as yourself.

The other photos may show later if you check the links again after time has passed. Sometimes, Tripod suspends accounts bandwidths after a certain amount of usage for some reason. :rolleyes: I don't know why they do it, but it is possible that could be part of the problem. :unsure:
Thank you Jacqueline :flower:

Originally posted by Eliza+Feb 20th, 2004 - 7:47 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Eliza @ Feb 20th, 2004 - 7:47 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Jacqueline@Feb 20th, 2004 - 12:32 am

The other photos may show later if you check the links again after time has passed. Sometimes, Tripod suspends accounts bandwidths after a certain amount of usage for some reason. :rolleyes:  I don't know why they do it, but it is possible that could be part of the problem. :unsure:
Thank you Jacqueline :flower: [/b][/quote]
You're welcome Eliza. :)

I'm sorry that members are having trouble with the links I posted. I tried to click on a link after I posted them and didn't get to see the pictures, either, but my internet provider has been acting up so I thought it was just me.

Anyhow, if you go to this link http://bookzrus.tripod.com click on the latest additions (or something to that effect) and you'll see the pictures I (tried) to post.

Sorry for the trouble everybody.

In the miscellaneous category there's a photo of Pavlos, Marie-Chantal and their children. They're all dressed in white. Pavlos and Marie-Chantal are standing against the wall and the children are on the floor. Is this a Mario Testino photo? It reminds me of the photo of Willem-Alexander and Maxima that was in Vanity Fair. If it is a Testino photo it was probably taken at the same time as Pavlos and Marie-Chantal's profile photo for Vanity Fair.

Originally posted by samitude@Feb 20th, 2004 - 2:59 pm
In the miscellaneous category there's a photo of Pavlos, Marie-Chantal and their children. They're all dressed in white. Pavlos and Marie-Chantal are standing against the wall and the children are on the floor. Is this a Mario Testino photo? It reminds me of the photo of Willem-Alexander and Maxima that was in Vanity Fair. If it is a Testino photo it was probably taken at the same time as Pavlos and Marie-Chantal's profile photo for Vanity Fair.
I sure wish I could have obtained that specific issue of Vanity Fair. Any suggestions out there on where I could get one?

Elizajane

Originally posted by Elizajane@Feb 21st, 2004 - 8:36 am
I sure wish I could have obtained that specific issue of Vanity Fair. Any suggestions out there on where I could get one?

Elizajane
It is a beautiful issue, Elizajane. Even non-royal followers will like the photos. Try a second hand/used bookstore. I'm sure that a lot of people bought that issue as it was a special anniversary issue, and if there are others like me, I always take the bait on a "Special Issue!" :p You can usually find some magazines in pretty good conditions at these stores, and at a reduced price than when bought at the newsstand.

Originally posted by samitude@Feb 20th, 2004 - 1:59 pm
The picture you are referring to appeared in a Greek magazine called Life & Style. I think it came out sometime in the fall. The cover lines mention 30 other royal portraits, so it might've been taken by Mario Testino at the same time.

You could also try Ebay for a copy, I've seen it offered there a couple of times. Or email the company to see if they sell back issues?

That picture also ran in Vanity Fair, in the issue after the royal issue, in the letters column. Someone was complaining about the greek royals and that picture was beside it.

Originally posted by carolina@Feb 21st, 2004 - 2:44 pm
That picture also ran in Vanity Fair, in the issue after the royal issue, in the letters column. Someone was complaining about the greek royals and that picture was beside it.
Do you remember who was on the cover of the issue following the Royals special of VF? I'd like to buy it but it would be much easier to spot the cover at my local used book store if I knew who was on the cover.

Thanks.

Originally posted by Alexandria+Feb 21st, 2004 - 2:50 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Alexandria @ Feb 21st, 2004 - 2:50 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-carolina@Feb 21st, 2004 - 2:44 pm
That picture also ran in Vanity Fair, in the issue after the royal issue, in the letters column.  Someone was complaining about the greek royals and that picture was beside it.
Do you remember who was on the cover of the issue following the Royals special of VF? I'd like to buy it but it would be much easier to spot the cover at my local used book store if I knew who was on the cover.

Thanks. [/b][/quote]
IIRC, it was the October 2003 issue with George Clooney shirtless on a boat. It had an article on Monaco's Feuding Princesses as well.

Sean

Originally posted by Sean.~@Feb 21st, 2004 - 3:05 pm
IIRC, it was the October 2003 issue with George Clooney shirtless on a boat. It had an article on Monaco's Feuding Princesses as well.

Sean
I have the George Clooney VF and I just checked and I didn't see the Pavlos and Marie Chantal and family picture in the Letters section at all; only a picture of John F. Kennedy Jr. and Carolyn Bessette Kennedy. The article about Caroline and Stephanie was in this issue however.

Maybe I am missing something?

Originally posted by Alexandria+Feb 21st, 2004 - 4:13 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Alexandria @ Feb 21st, 2004 - 4:13 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Sean.~@Feb 21st, 2004 - 3:05 pm

Sean
I have the George Clooney VF and I just checked and I didn't see the Pavlos and Marie Chantal and family picture in the Letters section at all; only a picture of John F. Kennedy Jr. and Caroline Bessette Kennedy. The article about Caroline and Stephanie was in this issue however.

Maybe I am missing something? [/b][/quote]
Well, the 'royal issue' was dated September 2003. The 'Clooney Issue' was dated October 2003. Could it have been in the Nov. issue, the one with the cast sfrom Queer Eye 4 the S8 Guy, Will & Grace, Queer as Folk etc. on the cover? Or it could be that the previous poster was referring to British VF?

I'd check, but I just tossed all my VF's into the recycling box the other day. (I don't collect them. No room).

Originally posted by Sean.~@Feb 21st, 2004 - 4:22 pm
Well, the 'royal issue' was dated September 2003. The 'Clooney Issue' was dated October 2003. Could it have been in the Nov. issue, the one with the cast sfrom Queer Eye 4 the S8 Guy, Will & Grace, Queer as Folk etc. on the cover? Or it could be that the previous poster was referring to British VF?

I'd check, but I just tossed all my VF's into the recycling box the other day. (I don't collect them. No room).
That would make sense. Since the letters in the George Clooney issue were in reply to the August issue with John and Carolyn on the cover, the November issue with the Queer Eye, et. al. cast would've included letters about the September issue.

I am wrong about the issue. Sorry! I forgot the letters are delayed by one issue. I believe Wille Nelson was on the cover, I think it was the music issue.

Don't know if this is really considered "news" or not, but I thought I'd pass this bit of info on - Pavlos and Marie-Chantal are looking to sell their Connecticut home. There's a link to their real estate agency, with pictures of the house. If you're interested in buying it - they're asking for $6,200,000 US!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I was very happy to learn that a new baby is coming to join their family. i hope - as always - it will be a little girl. Anyway, they have two boys already.

Another girl would be nice. Even out the family.

Former King Constantine and Queen Anne-Marie of Greece announced on Greek television on 23 march that Crown Prince Pavlos and Crown Princess Marie-Chantal expect their fourth child in September!!

Marie Chantal expecting 4. baby

Do you think Marie-Chantal got pregnant when they were on vacation in Thailand? If my calculations are correct she probably got pregnant in December and December is when their Thailand vacation took place.

It doesn't matter what we think!!Let's all wish to Her and to His Highness Pavlos,all the best wishes for a happy pregnacy,and "a Kali lefteria" from the bottom of our hearts :flower: :grrr:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom