Pavlos And Marie Chantal: Current Events February 2004 - August 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Um, what? Who says she has made great effort to study Greek? I can't believe she wouldn't be speaking it fluently if she had.

I don't think she is fluent in greek after all these years and she looks very bored and lost during the various press confrences and even during the Greek orthodox church ceromonies. It's just some people have to fully believe the illusion & myth (new) money buys instant intelligence and class.
wittykitty

Unless it's a fully staged event, she looks totally lost. Did you see the photos of her pretending to smile at the Danish wedding? Embarrassing.

Merca said:
Hello everybody!

I have been a quiet observer of this hugely entertaining and informative forum for a while now.

However, there is something that has been bugging me since the first day I visited this thread, which is the so called bashing of Marie-Chantal. I agree with ReinaMissy that there is hardly any postive comment on Marie-Chantal on this thread. It is really sad, as her wealth seems to be her only crime. She i s beautiful, intelligent, and she has got the style. It shows, it is something you have or you simply haven´t.

Peace,

Merca

I don't understand why if people don't have positive feelings for Marie-Chantal they should either post nothing at all or pretend they like her and post endless gushing comments about her. The last time I checked this was a discussion forum and open to both positive and negative discussions and comments about Marie-Chantal. Nobody is complaining that there is endless gushing and compliments about Marie-Chantal.

Maybe when she does do something that some people feel are positive and worthwhile, they will say so. But in the mean time people shouldn't refrain from making honest comments about how they feel about Marie-Chantal, positive or negative.

Yes, MC has wealth, style, beauty, etc., etc., etc., But, what she does lack is personality. Intelligent? Well, MC is no idiot, but her intelligence is really limited.

I don't apologize for my statements and agree with others who say that it is ridiculous for anyone to demand that everyone only say positive things about the persons that we discuss here. We are only saying how we feel and the last time that I checked we were allowed to do so.

You like MC and everything about her Merca? Great. I don't. At times I like what she wears, and she may sometimes look well and I will say it. But, I really don't care for very many things about MC all of the time. If I am to say more things in her favor then I will need the motivation to do so.

Genevieve said:
I don't understand why if people don't have positive feelings for Marie-Chantal they should either post nothing at all or pretend they like her and post endless gushing comments about her. The last time I checked this was a discussion forum and open to both positive and negative discussions and comments about Marie-Chantal. Nobody is complaining that there is endless gushing and compliments about Marie-Chantal.

Maybe when she does do something that some people feel are positive and worthwhile, they will say so. But in the mean time people shouldn't refrain from making honest comments about how they feel about Marie-Chantal, positive or negative.
What has she done positive and worthwhile?

She has birthed three healthy children and is expecting a fourth.

Since continuing life is what our base existence is all about, I should think the answer to your question would be painfully obvious.

Millions of women have given birth. Marie Chantal having kids is nothing so significant. I dunno...she seems like one of those moms who expect nannies to do the child rearing and only acts motherly for the sake of her public.

Having children is nothing significant?!? Are you serious?!?

If people didn't have children, there wouldn't BE a world.

No one's knocking givng birth and raising children. We're just saying that doing so doesn't make MC any more special than the three billion other mothers on this earth.

Congratulations to MC for being a broodmare and not getting divorced (yet) like her two sisters. I wonder what the time limitation on prior drug usage by a mother is for doing in utero tests to see if the fetus has been affected?

The latest Hola! pictures look stagey and the most contrived I've ever seen in Hola! And Hola!'s photo spreads are usually so much p.r. to create the impression of happy marriage, happy career or whatever...People usually have a major agenda when they are "interviewed/photo spread featured" for Hola!...then months later the truth emerges somewhere else (if you didn't know it already). I've been to Port Cheli, Greece, where these photos were taken--this place is way too quiet and not glitzy/trashy enough for MC's fast-crowd tastest IMO. My guess is they will not stay long if they stay at all.

Bubbette said:
No one's knocking givng birth and raising children. We're just saying that doing so doesn't make MC any more special than the three billion other mothers on this earth.

Thank you Bubbette for your common sense here. Yes, Marie-Chantal brought 3 (soon to be 4) children into this world and without procreation where would our world be, right?

But firstly, Marie-Chantal did not do this alone. Pavlos had a small part in 'making' these 4 children and in raising them, too.

Secondly, Marie-Chantal did not do anything earth-shattering in bringing her children into this world. Every second hundreds of babies are born into this world and we don't worship each and every single of these women the way Marie-Chantal can be worshipped.

Does anyone here really believe that Marie-Chantal is as much of a hands-on mom as she says she is? Let's face it, she's not a genius but she's no dummy either. She would never say in an interview that she hands her kids off to the nannies every day so that she can go shopping with her sisters and friends or do lunch at uptown restaurants. Nor would she pose for photo shoots without her children around her.

Most hands on moms I know rise at 5 or 6 a.m. so that they can have 5 minutes of peace with a hot shower or a cup of coffee, then they make lunches for their kids, make them breakfast, wake them up, get them dressed for school, hair and teeth brushed, drive or walk their kids to school, put in 8 hours or so at a job outside the home, pick their kids up from daycare or school, make them an afterschool snack, help them with their homework, make dinner, give them a bath, read them a bedtime story, then when the kids are in bed, they tidy the house, do some laundry before they go to bed themselves. Not to mention the groceries, trips to the drug store, the vacuuming and mopping, shopping for clothes, and a million other things moms do.

I can't imagine Marie-Chantal doing half these things. Marie-Chantal with a mop and some Pine Sol in her kitchen? :eek: She's too busy attending fashion shows and being photographed at society parties to be reading Good Night Moon to her kids and tucking them into bed.

Bubbette said:
What has she done positive and worthwhile?

I said maybe when Marie-Chantal does something positive and worthwhile those of us who are accused of "bashing" her will compliment her on it.

And I agrew with Isabel: I don't apologize for my statements about Marie-Chantal. I don't think very highly of her and I am free to express as such, just as those who do like her are free to sing her praises. I am not making posts that say "Really, why are so many people praising Marie-Chantal. I find it really disturbing."

Genevieve said:
I can't imagine Marie-Chantal doing half these things. Marie-Chantal with a mop and some Pine Sol in her kitchen? :eek: She's too busy attending fashion shows and being photographed at society parties to be reading Good Night Moon to her kids and tucking them into bed.
Do you know why you can't imagine it Genevieve? Because she doesn't do it. MC, mopping the floor? Pine Sol?

Okay, how many people here think that MC knows what Pine Sol even is? I certainly don't. Let's face it, she is not like other Moms in the world as Genevieve wonderfully pointed out. BTW, nice play by play Genevieve. I was exhausted reading it, so imagine living it.

Speaking of Pine Sol a few months ago one my friends with children and a full time job found some Citrus Pine Sol and it made her day (mark of true working Mom who is easy to please). Think MC would have that kind of reaction to a cleaning product? Vogue, Vanity Fair, the new Marc Jacobs Fall line, but not a cleaning product.

Get real - she's certainly not unique in not doing domestic chores.

Too bad there's no rolling eyes emoticon here; this thread screams for it, lol.

ReinaMissy said:
Get real - she's certainly not unique in not doing domestic chores.

Too bad there's no rolling eyes emoticon here; this thread screams for it, lol.
Well, I didn't say that MC wasn't unique in that respect. She certainly isn't, but MC is the topic of discussion here.

I believe that Genevieve's point is that MC is not the typical working mother of the world. Most working women are not as privileged as she to have a nanny or household staff at their disposal. They tend to have to do it all on their own with some help from a sitter now and then and their husband if possible. MC doesn't have the worries that most mothers have. She doesn't have to plan her day around the kids activities and worry about cooking dinner and doing household chores, because if she needs a break or needs an extra hand she has one on staff.

Maybe AndyR can install an emoticon that rolls its eyes just for you? The other forum had one, but with the new program I suppose that it has been lost. You should ask him or one of the administrators about it.

I apologize in advance for posting this here, but ReinaMissy there is an emoticon that resembles sarcasm. It does sort of roll its eyes. I just came across it by accident.

Here it is::rolleyes: It isn't three dimensional as the other was, but I think that it will come across well. If you click on the smilies it is near the bottom. Enjoy!

I agree

The only reason m.c. get critisized so much is because she has money, we don't know if she helps the economically disadvantaged and if they do, they are most likely silent philathropist, I don"t now m.c. but it looks she was brought up in a well orientated family. It's obvious that her children love her very much, that most likely means that she's a good mother and that's a big quality because there is alot of bad mothers out there in the world.

Julian said:
Congratulations to MC for being a broodmare and not getting divorced (yet) like her two sisters. I wonder what the time limitation on prior drug usage by a mother is for doing in utero tests to see if the fetus has been affected?

The latest Hola! pictures look stagey and the most contrived I've ever seen in Hola! And Hola!'s photo spreads are usually so much p.r. to create the impression of happy marriage, happy career or whatever...People usually have a major agenda when they are "interviewed/photo spread featured" for Hola!...then months later the truth emerges somewhere else (if you didn't know it already). I've been to Port Cheli, Greece, where these photos were taken--this place is way too quiet and not glitzy/trashy enough for MC's fast-crowd tastest IMO. My guess is they will not stay long if they stay at all.

I do not think that christopher and pia getty are divorced.

Really? I was fairly certain that the paperwork had at least been filed ages ago. But, they are still separated, aren't they?

I'm also confused. Is Pia divorced also? Does anyone know why? I thought she had a stable marriage. How long has Alex been divorced?

Now, here is my two cents:
The reason I don't like MC is because she seems very fake, shallow and insecure to me. It is not that she has a wealthy father. I don't like her because she likes to show off the things she has that most of us don't have, and it hits a wrong nerve with us. I really like Mathilde, Alexandra and even Maxima. They all have aristocratic and wealthy families, but they don't do magazine spreads to show us how they throw tea parties or that they have indoor pools. Mathilde seems very secure with herself and who she is and she doesn't need to be in magazines to feel good about her self. MC seems to crave attention and she is really not secure or centered yet. If you read all the magazine articles about MC, there is really no substance. It is usually about her china set, expensive linen, and who her stylist is. That is very shallow to me.
Regarding the language issue, she should tried harder and learned Greek. From everything that I have learned about the Royal societies, it is a prestigious thing to know multiple languages. (Most royalty speak 3,4 5 languages). She could have learned Greek and added it to her porfolio, but we have all noted that education is not a priority for her.
I think she should use her money and create scholarships for Greek students, donate computers to Greek schools, build hospitals in rural areas, ect, ect....
That is when she will earn my respect.
I got a lot off my chest. Thanks for reading.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom