The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > The Royal Family of Greece > Crown Prince Pavlos, Marie Chantal and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2004, 12:10 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally posted by Gigi@Jul 26th, 2004 - 10:55 am

I've read a few articles that were written about the sisters during the height of their popularity-the marriages and I wasn't impressed by their conversation skills. It was clear to me that their topics of discussion are very limited. These are young women who were obviously raised to marry well, have children, renovate homes, and throw dinner parties.
Has she ever even thrown a dinner party? I've never read of one in the social pages.

Old 07-27-2004, 07:54 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by Gigi@Jul 26th, 2004 - 11:55 am
The Miller sisters are definitely not the brightest of women. I think that most people like to believe that MC is extremely intelligent because of her success in business, but what needs to be understood is that almost everyone has people working around them. She is surrounded with intelligent people and most likely has a very capable business manager.

I've read a few articles that were written about the sisters during the height of their popularity-the marriages and I wasn't impressed by their conversation skills. It was clear to me that their topics of discussion are very limited. These are young women who were obviously raised to marry well, have children, renovate homes, and throw dinner parties.
I think that your assessment that the Miller sisters are not exactly the brightest apples in the barrel is pretty accurate. The impression I've certainly cultivated from interviews given by them and blind gossip items is that the girls were bred to be socialites. That while education was certainly important, it's not as if the girls were expected to actually do something with their education, at least not long term. They would each certainly go to college, get a degree and do something but then get married, have children and raise them. Brilliant conversationists with a magnitude of subjects at their bredth and disposal would be the last thing I would credit the Miller sisters as having. Unless of course the discussion was about Valentino's latest line.

I've read too that Marie Chantal has tried to start several businesses of her own throughout the years being the most innovative of her sisters, but that most of them have never even gotten off the ground or not been very successful. But that she feels it necessary to prove to her father who was himself a self-made business man, that she is good or worthy of something. Her children's clothing line is her most successful venture to date. And no doubt she has very intelligent and astute people handling her business. Marie-Chantal also has a vested interest in seeing her business succeed as her name is the label and if she knows that she is not completely capable of making the business successful by her own skills and knowledge, she needs to hire others who can.

Old 08-03-2004, 12:29 AM
Aristocracy

MC & family on the cover of Life and Style magazine:

http://www.lifeandstyle.gr/
Old 08-03-2004, 07:10 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally posted by kirstengrafin@Aug 3rd, 2004 - 5:29 am

This is such a great picture :) I wonder, if there would be more nice pictures inside the magazine? I am afraid, magazines in Greek isn't easily obtained around here.

Have any of you seen a copy of the magazine? Or maybe some scans online?
Old 08-03-2004, 05:30 PM
Courtier

Thank you for letting us know about this. That is a beautiful photo!
Old 08-03-2004, 06:49 PM
Aristocracy

Here's the photo the accompanies the story:

http://www.lifeandstyle.gr/photos/athrosand.jpg
Old 08-04-2004, 11:06 AM
Aristocracy

Oh how ducky,
Why do MC and Pavlos year in and year out insist on showcasing their "Life Styles of the Rich, Royal and Ever soooooo Idle " in magazines all over the world ? Maybe they can get their own tv reality show 24-7 or better still their own network...
Wittykitty
Old 08-05-2004, 11:10 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally posted by Chatleen+Aug 3rd, 2004 - 5:10 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Chatleen @ Aug 3rd, 2004 - 5:10 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-kirstengrafin@Aug 3rd, 2004 - 5:29 am

This is such a great picture :) I wonder, if there would be more nice pictures inside the magazine? I am afraid, magazines in Greek isn&#39;t easily obtained around here.

Have any of you seen a copy of the magazine? Or maybe some scans online? [/b][/quote]
Yes there are&#33;&#33;There are photos of Prince Nickolaos and Tatiana also&#33;&#33;
Old 08-05-2004, 12:21 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by wittykitty@Aug 4th, 2004 - 9:06 am

Oh how ducky,
Why do MC and Pavlos year in and year out insist on showcasing their "Life Styles of the Rich, Royal and Ever soooooo Idle " in magazines all over the world ? Maybe they can get their own tv reality show 24-7 or better still their own network...
Wittykitty
Hmm, not a bad idea wittykitty&#33; A reality-tv show might be the best thing for these two&#33;
Old 08-05-2004, 04:17 PM
Gentry

"The measure of your value is not into to what is been given to you,but into what you create and the need of everyone&#39;s to meet with his glory... "

Royal Prince Pavlos of Greece
Old 08-05-2004, 08:10 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by kirstengrafin@Aug 3rd, 2004 - 5:49 pm
Here&#39;s the photo the accompanies the story:

http://www.lifeandstyle.gr/photos/athrosand.jpg
Pavlos and Marie-Chantal seem to be way over exposed in my opinon. For the Crown Princely couple of an exhiled monarchy, Pavlos and Marie-Chantal seem to appear in more formal photo shoots than Crown Princely couples of reigning countries or even the younger sons and daughters of reigning Kings and Queens.

Within the past 5 years, I have seen splashy photo shoots and interviews of Pavlos and Marie-Chantal at their New York City apartment, at their Conneticuit farmhouse, at the ski lodge in Gstaad, at their home in London (indoor pool and all) and now this photo shoot of their holiday home.

When was the last time you saw Phillippe and Mathilde posing in their home? Or even Edward and Sophie or Elena and Jaime? The last time I remember seeing pictures of Haakon and Mette-Marit at their Skagum home was for the official presentation of their newborn daughter Ingrid, likewise with Willem and Maxima thanking the public for all the gifts for Amalia -- both of which were for very special occasions. What is the special occasion in Pavlos and Marie-Chantal&#39;s situation? To flaunt their wealth?

Perhaps this is their way of endearing themselves to the Greek public? By constantly putting themselves in the public eye and showing the people of Greece what a young and growing family they have.

Old 08-06-2004, 11:41 AM
Commoner

Genevieve, I agree with you completely.

It seems that this family is always doing an interview and spread for some magazine. You&#39;re right. It happens every single year.

I don&#39;t see the point in it either. If it is for a special cause like a charity or birth of a child, a marriage, and so on then I get it.

But, it certainly can&#39;t be for the people of Greece. At times I think that it&#39;s for the benefit of the society watchers. For anyone in Greece who has an interest in the RF, it is very easy to find photos of them at the various photo sites and royal sites without them having these constant photo shoots.

I suppose that they may want to stay in the public eye for obvious reasons, however it just seems that they are always in a new house or location having a another shoot. Coincidence?

Are they trying to showcase MC&#39;s taste and style in interior design? Perhaps she wants to branch out into home interiors now?
Old 08-06-2004, 11:47 AM
Serene Highness

Interesting post Genevieve, and true&#33;.
Old 08-06-2004, 12:25 PM
Aristocracy

Genevive I agree with you
I think that the point in it is that MC loves to show herself. She is always in magazines showing her houses and children and everytime i see her i think she is just arrogant and shallow.

Old 08-06-2004, 03:35 PM
Serene Highness

Yes, it&#39;s weird how she is not well spoken, and that fake smile she gave at the Danish wedding was the most pathetic thing I&#39;ve ever seen from a Euro royal&#33;
Old 08-06-2004, 03:59 PM
Courtier

Can you imagine what this couple would be like if they were actually reigning? I can hardly picture Marie-Chantal going around visiting hospitals, cancer wards, hugging sick kids or anything like that. A Greek fashion show? I&#39;m sure Marie-Chantal would be there in a flash. But called onto to visit and chat with the residents of a veteran&#39;s home? Not&#33; She would hardly exude the grace Mathilde does or the enthusiasm Maxima does or even Letizia&#39;s professionalism.

I would say that for someone whose Crown Princess title is a courtesy only, Marie-Chantal acts the most royal of all the (reigning) princesses. She is not only shallow and snobby looking, she looks incredibly arrogant, judgemental and superficial. She is probably much more at home in the front row of Valentino&#39;s fashion shows than actually helping people.

I&#39;m very surprised that Pavlos chose to marry someone like Marie-Chantal. (Aside from the money factor of course. But there are plenty filthy rich heiresses who are actually pleasant in their demeanor.) Considering that he comes from a family of such down to earth women (mom Anne-Marie, sister Alexia, aunts Beneditke, Irene and Sofia), Marie-Chantal must be like a fish out of water.

Old 08-06-2004, 04:43 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by Genevieve@Aug 6th, 2004 - 1:59 pm
I would say that for someone whose Crown Princess title is a courtesy only, Marie-Chantal acts the most royal of all the (reigning) princesses. She is not only shallow and snobby looking, she looks incredibly arrogant, judgemental and superficial. She is probably much more at home in the front row of Valentino&#39;s fashion shows than actually helping people.

I&#39;m very surprised that Pavlos chose to marry someone like Marie-Chantal. (Aside from the money factor of course. But there are plenty filthy rich heiresses who are actually pleasant in their demeanor.) Considering that he comes from a family of such down to earth women (mom Anne-Marie, sister Alexia, aunts Beneditke, Irene and Sofia), Marie-Chantal must be like a fish out of water.
I agree with you. Out of all the princesses, in a reigning monarchy or no, she seens to me to be the one who acts like she deserves to be respected and revered by all. I don&#39;t understand why since I can name a single accomplishment of hers that deserves that kind of reverence.

As for their marriage, I think it was a mutually satisfying proposition. He gets the socialite heiress with family connections, she gets a prince, alibeit a prince from a disposed and exiled family.Also, I think if she could, she&#39;d like to lay claim to the title of "Princess of Denmark" since her mother-in-law is a princess and her husband is actually a Prince of Denmark.
Old 08-07-2004, 10:51 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally posted by Moonlightrhapsody+Aug 6th, 2004 - 3:43 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Moonlightrhapsody @ Aug 6th, 2004 - 3:43 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Genevieve@Aug 6th, 2004 - 1:59 pm

I agree with you. Out of all the princesses, in a reigning monarchy or no, she seens to me to be the one who acts like she deserves to be respected and revered by all. I don&#39;t understand why since I can name a single accomplishment of hers that deserves that kind of reverence.

As for their marriage, I think it was a mutually satisfying proposition. He gets the socialite heiress with family connections, she gets a prince, alibeit a prince from a disposed and exiled family.Also, I think if she could, she&#39;d like to lay claim to the title of "Princess of Denmark" since her mother-in-law is a princess and her husband is actually a Prince of Denmark. [/b][/quote]
Thank you, "Moonlightrhapsody", "Genevieve", "Gigi", "Bubbette", "Ceci", (and others whom I may have left out), for speaking your mind about Marie-Chantal (and Pavlos). I&#39;ve wanted to relate the same thoughts about MC for months and months now but couldn&#39;t seem to summon up the courage for fear of the "three strikes things" to go all the way in describing her "shallowness". IMHO, she does "nothing" but expects "everything". Oh, yes, she does have her little shop of "baby clothes" ~ but I certainly can&#39;t see her hugging invalids and attending Red Cross meetings for the betterment of society. I was lucky enough to be able to watch the entire royal wedding in Spain and I was appalled at the arrogance she displayed as she exited the church.

I, too, am just sick to death with their splashy magazine spreads. I simply stopped buying those rags which continually show off their lifestyle. I&#39;ve always wondered if the magazines call them OR if MC calls the magazines, setting up times to be photographed .. and, now I read a post saying that she probably wants the title of a "Princess of Denmark"??? Incredible&#33; I doubt that Queen Margarethe, Alex, or Mary would cherish THAT idea&#33;

Earlier this week, I read the post about if the present Greek government welcomed them back that they would ultimately prefer Nickolaos (sp?) as their next king instead of Pavlos. But, not until today, did I know "why" ~ Their image of Pavlos " .. being dragged to fashion shows by his wife .. " (being a large part of his life) answered my question. Her lack wanting to learn the Greek language, to me, also answers a lot of my queries I&#39;ve had since their marriage.

I&#39;m not denying that MC is not a good mother ~ because she probably is, along with plenty of nannies ~ but, in my estimation, that&#39;s the only thing she does which I would call "worthy".

Some may say that I&#39;m just "jealous" or that I "envy" her lifestyle, money, clothes, etc., etc., but in reality, that&#39;s not the case. Mathilde of Belgium, the Countess of Wessex, Maxima of the Netherlands, Letizia of Spain, and even CP Mette-Marit are currently working at being "effective crown princesses" by their true involvement in working for their respective countries. All of them "put forth the effort". Yes, Mette-Marit still needs to learn more about "refinement", but I doubt she would be as "pushy" as MC seems to be about revealing what actually goes on in her palaces, homes, or letting reporters and others know "exactly" who her favorite dress designer is.

I may be wrong but I do feel the greatest part of their income comes from MC&#39;s father. Lately, I have no idea "what" Pavlos does for a living to support his family. If someone does know, I would welcome the information. I&#39;ve also heard that the tiara MC wears to many events was given to her from her father and is not a "gift" from the Ex-King and Queen of Greece. If I&#39;m wrong in stating this, I don&#39;t mind being corrected.

Again, thanks to all I named above, for the courage to express your thoughts and feelings about MC. In doing so, you, in turn, gave me the courage in expressing my thoughts.

Elizajane
Old 08-07-2004, 11:09 AM
Gentry

What I find so appalling is that I&#39;ve seen people complain on this board about those who bash the Princess of Asturias at every turn on another chat board, yet apparently it&#39;s okay if you all rag on someone. Admittedly, they do come across as extremely shallow and nobody disputes your right to express your distaste, but let&#39;s not throw stones at others who do the same thing toward someone else.

That&#39;s rather hypocritical, isn&#39;t it?
Old 08-07-2004, 11:56 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally posted by Elizajane@Aug 7th, 2004 - 8:51 am

I, too, am just sick to death with their splashy magazine spreads. I simply stopped buying those rags which continually show off their lifestyle. I&#39;ve always wondered if the magazines call them OR if MC calls the magazines, setting up times to be photographed
If you visit MC website http://www.mariechantal.com/ you can see she loves to show all the articles about her, even if they are not talking about her label.
I think she is spoiled and her father gives her everything she wants: a prince, a royal family, a succesful clothing line, etc.......

Closed Thread