Pavlos And Marie Chantal: Current Events February 2004 - August 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by kirstengrafin@Aug 3rd, 2004 - 5:49 pm
Here's the photo the accompanies the story:

http://www.lifeandstyle.gr/photos/athrosand.jpg
Pavlos and Marie-Chantal seem to be way over exposed in my opinon. For the Crown Princely couple of an exhiled monarchy, Pavlos and Marie-Chantal seem to appear in more formal photo shoots than Crown Princely couples of reigning countries or even the younger sons and daughters of reigning Kings and Queens.

Within the past 5 years, I have seen splashy photo shoots and interviews of Pavlos and Marie-Chantal at their New York City apartment, at their Conneticuit farmhouse, at the ski lodge in Gstaad, at their home in London (indoor pool and all) and now this photo shoot of their holiday home.

When was the last time you saw Phillippe and Mathilde posing in their home? Or even Edward and Sophie or Elena and Jaime? The last time I remember seeing pictures of Haakon and Mette-Marit at their Skagum home was for the official presentation of their newborn daughter Ingrid, likewise with Willem and Maxima thanking the public for all the gifts for Amalia -- both of which were for very special occasions. What is the special occasion in Pavlos and Marie-Chantal's situation? To flaunt their wealth?

Perhaps this is their way of endearing themselves to the Greek public? By constantly putting themselves in the public eye and showing the people of Greece what a young and growing family they have.

Genevieve, I agree with you completely.

It seems that this family is always doing an interview and spread for some magazine. You're right. It happens every single year.

I don't see the point in it either. If it is for a special cause like a charity or birth of a child, a marriage, and so on then I get it.

But, it certainly can't be for the people of Greece. At times I think that it's for the benefit of the society watchers. For anyone in Greece who has an interest in the RF, it is very easy to find photos of them at the various photo sites and royal sites without them having these constant photo shoots.

I suppose that they may want to stay in the public eye for obvious reasons, however it just seems that they are always in a new house or location having a another shoot. Coincidence?

Are they trying to showcase MC's taste and style in interior design? Perhaps she wants to branch out into home interiors now? :rolleyes:

Genevive I agree with you
I think that the point in it is that MC loves to show herself. She is always in magazines showing her houses and children and everytime i see her i think she is just arrogant and shallow.

Yes, it's weird how she is not well spoken, and that fake smile she gave at the Danish wedding was the most pathetic thing I've ever seen from a Euro royal!

Can you imagine what this couple would be like if they were actually reigning? I can hardly picture Marie-Chantal going around visiting hospitals, cancer wards, hugging sick kids or anything like that. A Greek fashion show? I'm sure Marie-Chantal would be there in a flash. But called onto to visit and chat with the residents of a veteran's home? Not! She would hardly exude the grace Mathilde does or the enthusiasm Maxima does or even Letizia's professionalism.

I would say that for someone whose Crown Princess title is a courtesy only, Marie-Chantal acts the most royal of all the (reigning) princesses. She is not only shallow and snobby looking, she looks incredibly arrogant, judgemental and superficial. She is probably much more at home in the front row of Valentino's fashion shows than actually helping people.

I'm very surprised that Pavlos chose to marry someone like Marie-Chantal. (Aside from the money factor of course. But there are plenty filthy rich heiresses who are actually pleasant in their demeanor.) Considering that he comes from a family of such down to earth women (mom Anne-Marie, sister Alexia, aunts Beneditke, Irene and Sofia), Marie-Chantal must be like a fish out of water.

Originally posted by Genevieve@Aug 6th, 2004 - 1:59 pm
I would say that for someone whose Crown Princess title is a courtesy only, Marie-Chantal acts the most royal of all the (reigning) princesses. She is not only shallow and snobby looking, she looks incredibly arrogant, judgemental and superficial. She is probably much more at home in the front row of Valentino's fashion shows than actually helping people.

I'm very surprised that Pavlos chose to marry someone like Marie-Chantal. (Aside from the money factor of course. But there are plenty filthy rich heiresses who are actually pleasant in their demeanor.) Considering that he comes from a family of such down to earth women (mom Anne-Marie, sister Alexia, aunts Beneditke, Irene and Sofia), Marie-Chantal must be like a fish out of water.
I agree with you. Out of all the princesses, in a reigning monarchy or no, she seens to me to be the one who acts like she deserves to be respected and revered by all. I don't understand why since I can name a single accomplishment of hers that deserves that kind of reverence.

As for their marriage, I think it was a mutually satisfying proposition. He gets the socialite heiress with family connections, she gets a prince, alibeit a prince from a disposed and exiled family.Also, I think if she could, she'd like to lay claim to the title of "Princess of Denmark" since her mother-in-law is a princess and her husband is actually a Prince of Denmark.

Originally posted by Moonlightrhapsody+Aug 6th, 2004 - 3:43 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Moonlightrhapsody @ Aug 6th, 2004 - 3:43 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Genevieve@Aug 6th, 2004 - 1:59 pm

I agree with you. Out of all the princesses, in a reigning monarchy or no, she seens to me to be the one who acts like she deserves to be respected and revered by all. I don't understand why since I can name a single accomplishment of hers that deserves that kind of reverence.

As for their marriage, I think it was a mutually satisfying proposition. He gets the socialite heiress with family connections, she gets a prince, alibeit a prince from a disposed and exiled family.Also, I think if she could, she'd like to lay claim to the title of "Princess of Denmark" since her mother-in-law is a princess and her husband is actually a Prince of Denmark. [/b][/quote]
Thank you, "Moonlightrhapsody", "Genevieve", "Gigi", "Bubbette", "Ceci", (and others whom I may have left out), for speaking your mind about Marie-Chantal (and Pavlos). I've wanted to relate the same thoughts about MC for months and months now but couldn't seem to summon up the courage for fear of the "three strikes things" to go all the way in describing her "shallowness". IMHO, she does "nothing" but expects "everything". Oh, yes, she does have her little shop of "baby clothes" ~ but I certainly can't see her hugging invalids and attending Red Cross meetings for the betterment of society. I was lucky enough to be able to watch the entire royal wedding in Spain and I was appalled at the arrogance she displayed as she exited the church.

I, too, am just sick to death with their splashy magazine spreads. I simply stopped buying those rags which continually show off their lifestyle. I've always wondered if the magazines call them OR if MC calls the magazines, setting up times to be photographed .. and, now I read a post saying that she probably wants the title of a "Princess of Denmark"??? Incredible! I doubt that Queen Margarethe, Alex, or Mary would cherish THAT idea!

Earlier this week, I read the post about if the present Greek government welcomed them back that they would ultimately prefer Nickolaos (sp?) as their next king instead of Pavlos. But, not until today, did I know "why" ~ Their image of Pavlos " .. being dragged to fashion shows by his wife .. " (being a large part of his life) answered my question. Her lack wanting to learn the Greek language, to me, also answers a lot of my queries I've had since their marriage.

I'm not denying that MC is not a good mother ~ because she probably is, along with plenty of nannies ~ but, in my estimation, that's the only thing she does which I would call "worthy".

Some may say that I'm just "jealous" or that I "envy" her lifestyle, money, clothes, etc., etc., but in reality, that's not the case. Mathilde of Belgium, the Countess of Wessex, Maxima of the Netherlands, Letizia of Spain, and even CP Mette-Marit are currently working at being "effective crown princesses" by their true involvement in working for their respective countries. All of them "put forth the effort". Yes, Mette-Marit still needs to learn more about "refinement", but I doubt she would be as "pushy" as MC seems to be about revealing what actually goes on in her palaces, homes, or letting reporters and others know "exactly" who her favorite dress designer is.

I may be wrong but I do feel the greatest part of their income comes from MC's father. Lately, I have no idea "what" Pavlos does for a living to support his family. If someone does know, I would welcome the information. I've also heard that the tiara MC wears to many events was given to her from her father and is not a "gift" from the Ex-King and Queen of Greece. If I'm wrong in stating this, I don't mind being corrected.

Again, thanks to all I named above, for the courage to express your thoughts and feelings about MC. In doing so, you, in turn, gave me the courage in expressing my thoughts.

Elizajane

What I find so appalling is that I've seen people complain on this board about those who bash the Princess of Asturias at every turn on another chat board, yet apparently it's okay if you all rag on someone. Admittedly, they do come across as extremely shallow and nobody disputes your right to express your distaste, but let's not throw stones at others who do the same thing toward someone else.

That's rather hypocritical, isn't it?

Originally posted by Elizajane@Aug 7th, 2004 - 8:51 am

I, too, am just sick to death with their splashy magazine spreads. I simply stopped buying those rags which continually show off their lifestyle. I've always wondered if the magazines call them OR if MC calls the magazines, setting up times to be photographed
If you visit MC website http://www.mariechantal.com/ you can see she loves to show all the articles about her, even if they are not talking about her label.
I think she is spoiled and her father gives her everything she wants: a prince, a royal family, a succesful clothing line, etc.......

Originally posted by ReinaMissy@Aug 7th, 2004 - 10:09 am
What I find so appalling is that I've seen people complain on this board about those who bash the Princess of Asturias at every turn on another chat board, yet apparently it's okay if you all rag on someone. Admittedly, they do come across as extremely shallow and nobody disputes your right to express your distaste, but let's not throw stones at others who do the same thing toward someone else.

As long as I've been a member of LTR, I've never "bashed" anyone before ~ until this morning when I agreed with at least 5 other posters on the conduct of MC if you call that "bashing". Most of it was simply "echoes" of what others had the courage to say. It was my "lack of courage" which kept me quiet about my feelings regarding MC.

I happen to like the Princess of Asturias ~ check out my posts ~ and am very impressed on how well she is carrying out her duties and there's not one reason, in my mind, to "bash" her at all.

Plus, I rarely go to any other message board other than this one, primarily on the weekends, because I simply don't have the time so I really don't know what you're implying by calling me "hypocritical", however, you have the right to express your opinions although misplaced regarding this matter .. AND, I have never "bashed" another poster. I express my opinions on the "subjects" put forth on this board ~ and not other participants ~ ergo, there's no "stone throwing" by me.

Elizajane

Originally posted by ceci+Aug 7th, 2004 - 10:56 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ceci @ Aug 7th, 2004 - 10:56 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Elizajane@Aug 7th, 2004 - 8:51 am

I, too, am just sick to death with their splashy magazine spreads. I simply stopped buying those rags which continually show off their lifestyle.  I've always wondered if the magazines call them OR if MC calls the magazines, setting up times to be photographed
If you visit MC website http://www.mariechantal.com/ you can see she loves to show all the articles about her, even if they are not talking about her label.
I think she is spoiled and her father gives her everything she wants: a prince, a royal family, a succesful clothing line, etc....... [/b][/quote]
Oh, Ceci! Where did you find that website? Yep, it's typical ~ just like I thought. I wonder what flavor those pink cupcakes were ~ cherry or strawberry?? Ha!

Elizajane :unsure:

Originally posted by ReinaMissy@Aug 7th, 2004 - 10:09 am

I've never bashed anyone on this board or any other.

I happen to like the Princess of Asturias a great deal. Honestly, she seems to be a real woman with a past and a history which is something that I can relate to. Maybe that makes her too common for some, but that makes her absolutely wonderful to me. So, there goes that part of your theory.

To my knowledge, no one here has tried to stop anyone is this fourm from having an opinion about MC or any other member of the GRF. It seems that many of us have varying opinions and they have all been respected. Until your post was made ReinaMissy, everyone seemed to be coexisting and stating their ideas quite nicely.

No one here is ragging on anyone and I have to say that my fellow posters have been very objective and respectful in giving their statements. I know what ragging and bashing is and although one board in particular in known for it, I haven't seen it around here that often.

Everyone here has a right to state his or her opinion. An intelligent person will most likely state it in a civilized and dignified manner and back up their beliefs with examples. I have seen lots of this concerning the topic at hand.

We all have a right to like or dislike whomever we please and we can't be faulted for that. We also have the right to not actually dislike someone but to be able to say what is bothering us about that individual in the moment and not be made to feel like children and scolded for it.

It's not as if everyone here is saying MC is the worst thing since Lucifer himself or saying: MC, Ugh! I hate the trash! I hate her! I hate her! She's awful! Just a waste of human flesh....

Nope...no one has said anything of the kind.

My post wasn't addressed to you alone, Elizajane. Considering that you mentioned above me that you often don't speak out for fear of people like me taking you task for it :p I wouldn't think that you're being unfair.

I don't recall who it was that posted those things about another board, but several people were trashing a group that constantly rags on Letizia (I'm not a huge fan of hers, but I don't bash her, either).

I myself find constant trashing of any royal tiresome. Unless it's Ernst August of Hanover :p

Gigi, try reading my first post again, where I clearly stated that nobody disputes your right to post your opinion.

I needn't be reminded of that B)

Originally posted by ReinaMissy@Aug 7th, 2004 - 1:08 pm
Gigi, try reading my first post again, where I clearly stated that nobody disputes your right to post your opinion.

I needn't be reminded of that B)
You clearly disputed many of our rights and do not tell me to reread something as though anyone who can only attack individuals for their opinions can be that deep. You are not that deep and though you try to disguise your feelings, I understood them quite well.

You began by saying that we all have a righ to show our distaste, but let's not throw stones. Well clearly if we are showing our distaste the we will say things that some may find to be negative especially if they favor that person. Now, isn't that hypocritical. Say what you like, but if you do, you may be throwing stones?

What you need to learn is that whether you agree with someone's opinons or not, you must learn to agree to disagree whether you favor the person or not. That is the world of royal boards, now isn't it?

Thank you Gigi for standing for all of us who have "allegedly" bashed HRH Princess Marie-Chantal of Greece.

Since it seems that I am the one responsible for subsequent posts which have also "chimed" in on the bashing, let me say that in my post I don't feel that I said anything that is against the forum rules here. I do not care for Marie-Chantal or all the media shoots she and Pavlos engage their family in, and I feel that I said as much but in a very diplomatic manner. I did not call her or Pavlos nasty names, resort to swearing or any such negative, rude tactics. I merely questioned why this couple felt they needed to be in so many magazine shoots and felt that they were over exposed in my opionon. If that is throwing stones, then so be it. But I'd look down at your own hands and you'd see that you are throwing stones at us for having our negative opinons of Marie-Chantal.

One doesn't need to agree with my opinons of Marie-Chantal. I am honestly surprised that so many did agree with my opinons. But if you do disagree, then by all means, nothing and no one is stopping you from posting a sacharine-sweet, complimentary post praising Marie-Chantal to the high heavens. Just as those who like Letizia are welcome to do the same, and vice versa for those who do like Letizia.

For those of us to dislike Marie-Chantal what is the crime in that? That we can't find many redeeming qualities about her? That we think she is a shallow individual or that she is snobby and pretentious? That's how I sincerely feel about her. Am I supposed to lie and say that I think she is greatest thing since double chocolate ice cream? I assure you, the comments I made and subsequent comments made by others were not bashing in the least.

I stated in plain language that you have a right to your opinion and to express it, Gigi, so don't get high and mighty with me. I didn't "clearly" do anything other than rag on people who criticize some posters while doing the same things themselves. If you're not part of that group, then consider yourself not addressed by my criticism.

If that isn't clear enough for you, too bad :rolleyes:

get back to the topic Pavlos And Marie-chantal
folks

we are many members at LTR with different opinions
all can state their opinion but so with resoect to other members but also with the respect of those we talk about.....

Is there anyone here who knows Greek who would like to translate the article from Life and Style? :) I and several others would appreciate it.

http://www.lifeandstyle.gr/article.php?art_id=81

I like them and their family. It's good to see people who are in love and care about each other and their children. I also admire both Pavlos and Marie-Chantal's parents for staying together in this day when divorce is so common.

I read the article sort of, speak greek very well but read slowly.
Mette marit was there with her baby sitting near the swimming pool and pavlos said his wife is really a very simple and polite person.
(I do not have a printer at home and it will take too long to translate, if a greek member does not volenteer I will report any funny things I can find end of next week)

great pictures. Thanks!. I do have one question though. In one of the photos there is a shot of the entire family standing against the backdrop of a mountain. There is another little girl who is standing next to Maria-Olympia. Pavlos has his hand on her shoulder. Who is that little girl? She is also in another pic with Maria-Olympia.

Someone else mentioned that she is Talita, the niece of Pavlos and Marie-Chantal. Aren't they great looking kids?

FTR, I love the white dress being worn by the gf of Nikolaos, in the picture where he's holding the Greek flag around his shoulders. Very nice!

ReinaMissy said:
Someone else mentioned that she is Talita, the niece of Pavlos and Marie-Chantal. Aren't they great looking kids?QUOTE]

I had wondered if that was who it was. It just does not make much sense as to why she would be in a family shot. Maybe if there were other kids in the shot, but whatever.

You are right, they are all great looking kids. They are all going to grow up to be hearbreakers!

Gabriella said:
I had wondered if that was who it was. It just does not make much sense as to why she would be in a family shot. Maybe if there were other kids in the shot, but whatever.

I guess if Talita was there visiting her aunt or with her mom while the photo shoot was going on, it would seem pretty mean to exclude her. I can't read Greek, but I'm certain that the magazine in their photo captions would distinguish that she is not one of Pavlos and Marie-Chantal's children, but a visiting niece/cousin of their children.

ReinaMissy said:
Someone else mentioned that she is Talita, the niece of Pavlos and Marie-Chantal. Aren't they great looking kids?

FTR, I love the white dress being worn by the gf of Nikolaos, in the picture where he's holding the Greek flag around his shoulders. Very nice!

you scared me for a moment, that he was wearing it around his shoulders. (not excactly a rightwing person but flags have to be treated with respect)

he is holding the flag up high

Sorry; I simply meant holding it. I agree, I think wearing a flag as clothing is highly disrespectful, regardless of the nation

If anyone reads the french magazine Point de Vue, Pavlos, Marie-Chantal and family are on the cover...

Attachments

• pdvcouv72157.jpg
    pdvcouv72157.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 457
beauty is in the eye of the beholder

Bubbette said:
That dress is ridiculous.
as in most cercumstances beauty is in the eye of the beholder what one sees as ridiculous others see as a genous design of a dress. M.C. looks ravishing.

On Marie-Chantal bashing

Hello everybody!

I have been a quiet observer of this hugely entertaining and informative forum for a while now.

However, there is something that has been bugging me since the first day I visited this thread, which is the so called bashing of Marie-Chantal. I agree with ReinaMissy that there is hardly any postive comment on Marie-Chantal on this thread. It is really sad, as her wealth seems to be her only crime. She i s beautiful, intelligent, and she has got the style. It shows, it is something you have or you simply haven´t.

Also, it it unfair to compare her with the crown-princesses of the REIGNING houses, as the latter ones have obviously more reason to be openly cute and cuddly, as they need their people´s constant approval for their reign (I am sure, most of them are not that nice in real life, at all). Marie-Chantal doesn´t. She knows that she will always be the exiled crown princess of Greece, yet she has made great effort to study Greek, and its culture and follow its traditions. I am sure the things would be totally different if Greece were still a kingdom. I am sure she would serve her country and her people as the future queen of Greece equally well.

Peace,

Merca

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom