The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > The Royal Family of Greece > Crown Prince Pavlos, Marie Chantal and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2004, 04:04 PM
Royal Highness

Pavlos and Marie Chantal current events: August 31, 2004 - October 11, 2005

I noticed that the first thread was getting rather long, so here is the beginning of a new one.

Too look at the old thread click on this link.

Old 08-31-2004, 05:54 PM
Commoner

Regarding Pia and Christopher Getty, they've been divorced for some time now. There's even a question about her last child (her 4th) as being his, I think she gave birth after the divorce so people assumed it wasn't Getty's. Pia is the most private of the sisters.

Old 08-31-2004, 06:58 PM
Royal Highness

I doubt would be the case however!
Old 08-31-2004, 07:03 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanel
I doubt would be the case however!
Why might it not be the case? It's not like it would ever be the first question of paternity from people in public life. Look at Elizabeth Hurley and the question of her son Damian being Steven Bing's or not. And its not as if women have never been known to stray in marriages. Pia wouldn't be the first woman to stray and would definitely not be the last.
Old 09-02-2004, 10:40 AM
Nobility

I agree with Genevieve. It is possible that Pia's fourth child could have been conceived with someone other than her husband. How is that not possible.

Let's look at the facts:

*Although Pia and Chris may have been in love when they first married, they definitely seemed to fall out of love quickly. Chris from what is said apparently had many affairs throughout the marriage.

*Pia didn't marry for money. She and her children will be well provided for whether she is married to a Getty or not. Oh, and BTW, Chris Getty has the Getty name, but he is not from one of the extremely wealthy branches of the family. Robert Miller takes care of his family. All of his daughters are definitely Daddy's girls, so Pia was never going to want for anything. I think that this marriage was a major case of another Miller sister marrying a well recognized and prominent name. Of course, Pia wasn't a bad catch either when considering the economics and plain superficiality of the situation.

*Chris cheated throughout the marriage, so it wouldn't be unthinkable that Pia would be fed up and would perhaps have her own relationships. It certainly wouldn't make things right for her to do that, but it seems that Chris was leading a double or separate life for a while. Therefore, it doesn't appear strange to me that Pia may lead her own life as well.

*As I recall there wasn't even said to have been a birth announcement anywhere for Pia's fourth child. There were announcements, however, for the birth of her other children. Pia is very private and being photographed and written about doesn't interest her, but I found the the lack of announcement to be strange. Maybe she simply didn't want the attention after the separation or maybe there was another reason. Who knows?
Old 09-02-2004, 07:12 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabel
*Although Pia and Chris may have been in love when they first married, they definitely seemed to fall out of love quickly. Chris from what is said apparently had many affairs throughout the marriage.

*Chris cheated throughout the marriage, so it wouldn't be unthinkable that Pia would be fed up and would perhaps have her own relationships. It certainly would make things right for her to do that, but it seems that Chris was leading a double or separate life for a while. Therefore, it doesn't appear strange to me that Pia may lead her own life as well.
I think that, too, likely before the seperation or divorce was officially announced, Pia and Chris were living seperate lives long before. Alex and Alex certainly were, and each were even seen in the company of other men and women. It was certainly no surprise when Alex and Alex announced their separation followed soon after by their divorce. And if Pia and Chris were living seperate lives and Chris was carrying on affairs during his relationship, who is to say that Pia didn't have a dalliance of her own to produce this fourth child? I'm not saying that she did, just that its possible.
Old 09-02-2004, 11:39 PM
Commoner

I didn't know Pia had a fourth child.
When was the baby born and was it a boy or girl?
Thanks very much.
Nicole
Old 09-03-2004, 10:16 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genevieve
I think that, too, likely before the seperation or divorce was officially announced, Pia and Chris were living seperate lives long before. Alex and Alex certainly were, and each were even seen in the company of other men and women. It was certainly no surprise when Alex and Alex announced their separation followed soon after by their divorce. And if Pia and Chris were living seperate lives and Chris was carrying on affairs during his relationship, who is to say that Pia didn't have a dalliance of her own to produce this fourth child? I'm not saying that she did, just that its possible.
I do not believe Alex girl ever went out with another guy while they were married.
Old 09-03-2004, 10:41 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbette
I do not believe Alex girl ever went out with another guy while they were married.
She definitely did. Alex and Alex had separated lives after a while. They were separated long before either admitted it publicly. There were photographs of both with other individuals that were taken while the two were still married. They were nothing scandalous, only photos of them out for an evening with individuals other than each other.
Old 09-03-2004, 11:31 PM
Aristocracy

Pia and Chris Getty are back together. They were separated but never divorced. They recently gave one of the best parties of the season in London.

Alex and Alex are divorced.
Old 09-04-2004, 12:13 AM
Aristocracy

Pia and Chris Getty are back together? Thanks for the news Paloma because I hadn't heard about this elsewhere before. Are they living full time in London or spending time as well in the U.S. at other homes?
Old 09-04-2004, 02:51 AM
Nobility

When is MC supposed to give birth? Should be any moment now no?
Old 09-04-2004, 01:54 PM
Courtier

Yes,she is due in September so it won´t take any longer..
Old 09-04-2004, 11:25 PM
Aristocracy

I'm not sure if Chris and Pia have moved to London full time. As far as I know, Pavlos and MC are the only full time residents of London. I think that Alexandra is there most of the time, but does come back to the U.S. on occasion.(with or without Tim Jeffries)
Old 09-16-2004, 01:16 PM
Nobility

What is the name and gender of Pia's fourth child? When was it born?

Eliza
Old 09-16-2004, 02:05 PM
Courtier

As of today, Sept.16, I haven't heard that M-C has had her baby yet.
Old 09-17-2004, 08:18 PM
Aristocracy

Red face

Don't worry!!I wish it will be tomorrow 'cause it is out Royal Marriage Anniversary ,and the baby will be the best "present" for Them!!
Old 11-02-2004, 07:06 AM
Aristocracy

Marie Chantal and her mother after having lunch in La Famiglia Restaurant in London

From Seeger Press
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pre-SEEGER00128707.jpg
Views:	1312
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	52957   Click image for larger version

Name:	pre-SEEGER00128710.jpg
Views:	2218
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	52958   Click image for larger version

Name:	pre-SEEGER00128708.jpg
Views:	749
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	52959  

Old 11-02-2004, 02:51 PM
Serene Highness

some random photos from Getty Images and Polfoto
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	603
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	53087   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	701
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	53088   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	554
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	53089   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	572
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	53090  

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	602
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	53091   Click image for larger version

Name:	6.jpg
Views:	645
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	53092   Click image for larger version

Name:	7.jpg
Views:	428
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	53093   Click image for larger version

Name:	8.jpg
Views:	474
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	53094  

Name:	9.jpg
Views:	415
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	53095   Click image for larger version

Name:	10.jpg
Views:	481
Size:	16.1 KB
ID:	53096  
Old 11-07-2004, 06:20 AM
Commoner

Sorry to be a pain, but is anyone able to answer my earlier question about Marie Chantal's older sister Pia and whether she did infact have a 4th child and whether it was a boy or girl?
Thanks Nicole