Pavlos and Marie-Chantal current events 6: January 2008 - November 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Julia Reed is one Vogue writer who seems to have her head on pretty straight and is not so much into fashion that she looks at life with blinders on.
Ms. Reed has been around society for a pretty long time and I don't believe that she would paint a pretty picture where one is not warranted. To me, she deals with the facts in a straight-forward maner.
As for MC, I don't believe that she is any kind of whiz-kid brainiac when it comes to business. Same with the designing end of her business. She is the face of her mini clothing empire. The kiddie styles she offers have been around for ages - they look just like the clothes that Prince Charles wore when he was a little boy. Money can buy the best of designers, accountants, managers - MC is not slaving at the designing board and burning the midnight oil going over the accounting ledgers,
Just hope that neither her father nor she had any money invested with Bernie Madoff!

:welcome: My opinion?Seriously?I don't know,honestly.I just think that MC has professionals to design her clothes and she focuses mainly on the promotion of her business.I mean,she couldn't have time for everything,could she?On the other hand I respect her for having 5 kids-ok,she gets help,so what?-in my opinion,it's a great achievement,because it requires courage,loyalty and lots of love.And she surely has all the above qualities :flowers: She's a good mother and I never thought she's not a good person in general.No,she seems very sweet.What I don't like,though,is her tendency to present everything in her life perfect and herself the new type of the "Superwoman" ;) That's all.
I agree, MC is presented in magazines as a superwoman ... but Who are the ones that present to MC as Superwoman?Herself or magazines?

After reading to Julia Reed, I think that, I would not invite this woman to my home, This woman is not very discreet.What would I cook to her?

Marie - Chantal apperared at Financial times magazine in March. I saw the photos on her website.

Marie-Chantal has recently designed a tiara for an online auction that will benefit teen programs offered by the New York Public Libraries.

Here is a link that talks about the program (scroll down):

The End To Dear 'Diaries' Series

Here is a link that shows the tiara (scroll down):

My Sarah Palin Tiara is the Best! - Political Machine

I'm not so wild about her design, but I am pleased to see her working with such a great organization.

I just saw this thread. This is one ugly tiara. Is she using buttons from her children clothes line for gems??:eek:

Be aware that the RSVP book by Nan Kempner was published in 2000, and that the lunch with MC was held in NY some months before, when little Constantine was 6 months old (as it is said in the book).
As it was a ladies lunch, with mostly young mothers (including Alexandra von F), the theme of the lunch was "diet" ; you can actually see MC and Alex with little pregnacy bellies on the pictures ! :ohmy:
So in the recent article there is no insider view about how MC tortures her guests with ridiculous dishes ; I actually did some of the recipes, and it was nice (the grapes gaspacho, and the corn-feta souffle). Don't say I'm telling this because the actual cook was a French man ! :angel:

I remember reading an interview Nan Kempner gave the W magazine where she mentioned that luncheon and the corn-feta souflee. Her comment was that these ladies do not eat because they are afraid they may get fat.
However I am confused, if Constantine was 6 months old at the time, how come MC had a pregnancy belly?
I doubt MC "tortures" her guests in any way. Actually in one of her many interviews she mentioned that she had not given (at that time) a dinner party at her new London house yet. The reason was that she wanted to buy a new set of china so her guests would not be bored looking at the old china pattern. This is hardly the type of woman who will feed her guests lettuce leaves and celery stalks.:flowers:

Check out all the tiaras that were auctioned off on this link:
Tiara Auction LLC - Auction Items - cMarket Fundraising Auction

Nine of the tiaras have the same basic shape/frame. MC's filled hers up with buttons while the others used something else.

Ugly is ugly no matter what material was used. The worst part is, in my humble opinion the fact that she used buttons from her line to fill in the space.

Last edited by a moderator:
"The reason was that she wanted to buy a new set of china so her guests would not be bored looking at the old china pattern."

My gosh, that is so embarassing! To actually say that in this day and age will not exactly endear MC to the hard-working Greeks who may not even own a set of china.
Such a frivolous and self-absorbed statement to make!

Pamk,I tried to avoid commenting on this,but I guess it's impossible ;) So,as we say here,in the country she desires to reign one day:"The world is burnt and she combs her....",you know what she combs,anyway :whistling:

To Olili :
thank you for your find. I looked for a link to actually read the article. This should work (the article is page 62) : How to Spend it, March 2009&Random=5&browserWindowWidth=1014&browserWindowHeight=718

You have a magnifying glass icon in the upper part of the page. Use it until you reach 75% definition, then you can read very well.
Tell me if it works or even if my explanations are not clear enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
It´s Ok. I read the interview.Thanks again.

I read the interview. MC comes acrosses as bragging, or one of those parents who lets their children run rampent in public cause they're too wrapped up in adult coversation or something to pay attention to what the kids are doing.

Pamk,I tried to avoid commenting on this,but I guess it's impossible ;) So,as we say here,in the country she desires to reign one day:"The world is burnt and she combs her....",you know what she combs,anyway :whistling:

I cannot imagine what King Constantine and Queen Anne Marie think when they hear about statements like that from their daughter-in-law ... or maybe they don't care.

I'm sure they care,but what can these poor in-laws do about that?Who can stop her or her celebrity sisters?It's like catching a bird that flies over your head with your own hands...

Most greeks don't care about the king and queen of greece or their children (only the die-hard fans follow them around when they do go to Greece) and you think they worry about what MC says about her china.....MC never had a chance to please the greek people because they really don't care about the greek royal family itself.

I don't think there is anything wrong with what she said in the above magazine....and I really don't see her three older children running rampant in public places (there has never been anything negative written about their behaviour previously) and anyone with children between 1-4 knows that at this age children have short attention spans and can throw tantrums in public.....

OK! the interview is not thaaat tragic.... it sounds interesting...
MC is very energetic, loves her family and offers the best to her children!...
I thought that on weekends she was more society-focused or went on short vacation with Pavlos but she is probably unwilling to leave her children alone.
She says that they have a cottage in Sussex, obviously for family weekends.
Pavlos seems to be a little passive as to the programme of the family or it's just my opinion?

They also go to bed veryyy early. Saturday at 10.30 and Sunday at 9.00...!!!

She just explains where they go and what they do, as a family, on weekends.
What impressed me is the fact that she mentions the names of stores, isn't that a covered advertisement??? but then the magazine is "How to spend it", therefore it tells you how and where the rich spend their money.....

I noticed also that she says that on Sunday mornings along with the children they read newspapers and she wants them to be interested with what's happening around the world.
I find it very interesting as by my own experience, I started reading newspapers around 16 (before I found it totally uninteresting, dull and boring) and a new real world opened in front of me.

I never saw or read of any incident where MC´s children showed bad manners or "run rampant". They always have smiles in their faces and seem to me like very well-balanced children.

I agree with emmeleia, I started to read newspapers on the 14 years to 16 years. I believe that the newspapers have cruel news and political subjects that the children can not understand, I believe that MC to exaggerated, but it is general, all the mothers exaggerate about children, it is like a natural law.

That interview like all the other interviews she seems to be giving so freely make me want to ask..... why?? If Marie Chantal is so proud to use the "Crown Princess of Greece" title (which is totally wrong in her case) why does she not respect the position and keep a "royal" distance between herself and every journalist who wants to talk to her? Her list of eating establishments and products is so unbecoming. A weekend in the country or the city doing fun things is one thing. A list of restaurants and what they serve is a totally different thing. Another thing with that interview was her criticism of friends who do not raise their children the way she does. She lets her children run freely in public places and roll on the floor where others go to enjoy lunch?? Not too nice............

I agree. But people nowadays seems to thinks that the education based on "let the children do what they wants" it's O.K, it's free and it's modern.

I can't stand these people who is blessed by luck to have born in a privilegiate prossition and inestead of being a mirror for others, are so decadent. Of course, they have money and can do whatever they want...:nonono:

My...I understand Republican people when know those nowadays royals better! :mad::angry:

Vanesa.

I´ve never seen or read about the children of Pavlos and MC being bad mannered and bratty.And nobody can say that they have´nt been photographed and shown in several public occasions. As a matter of fact, the only little royal I´ve seen more than once throw tantrums in public is little Christian of Denmark. And nobody can accuse CP Mary of having said she has modern views about the education of her children.:D

if we analyze the diverse interviews to magazines of Mc, I think that MC studies the magazines before granting the interview, her answers are not sinceres, she responds to the journalist wants to hear this, but she is not sincere. According to the magazine of the interview ,she appears represented as a liberal mother or as a conservative mother.
If the journal is conservative, she defines herself with a mother who puts limits to her children, and if the magazine is liberal, she defined herself as a mother who does not put limits on her children.
She is an intelligent woman she knows how important magazines are in the business world.

She is a good mother

she is a waste of time -for the greek royal house..

if we analyze the diverse interviews to magazines of Mc, I think that MC studies the magazines before granting the interview, her answers are not sinceres, she responds to the journalist wants to hear this, but she is not sincere. According to the magazine of the interview ,she appears represented as a liberal mother or as a conservative mother.
If the journal is conservative, she defines herself with a mother who puts limits to her children, and if the magazine is liberal, she defined herself as a mother who does not put limits on her children.
She is an intelligent woman she knows how important magazines are in the business world.

I totally agree. She talks according to the recipient's point of view :cool:

I have noticed it myself: Every magazine has a philosophy and a certain target group. So, MC just tries to apply her way of thinking, perspective, principles, etc. to the ones that the readers are supposed to have.

It is a game, I think, that all, who are in the limelight, eagerly play:lol:

For instance, can you imagine a celebrity giving an interview to Playboy, Cosmopolitan or Vogue in the same way???:whistling:

It's modern media management. For some it comes naturally, for others it requires a large team of PR advisors and flunkies. MC appears able to do it by herself.

Has adviser of image (or a person or group to advise) her????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom