Pavlos and Marie-Chantal current events 6: January 2008 - November 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know where MC and Pavlos spent the Christmas holiday? I know they usually accompany the rest of the GRF to Denmark to celebrate with Queen Anne Marie's family, however, I haven't seen any family group photos yet and usually there are some distributed by now.

I was wondering the same thing. I have been checking the DRF threads, but there are no group photos in the thread. I also find it strange that we have not seen their Christmas card yet. Perhaps they stayed in London this year? I would imagine that it could be difficult to travel with a young baby.

The lengthy discussion of Prince Nikolaus (and others) eye colour has been moved to the Royal Eye Colour thread in Royal Chit Chat.

Now that the holidays are over, has anyone heard anything on baptism plans?

I also find it strange that this year there was not a Christmas card.

Marie-Chantal has recently designed a tiara for an online auction that will benefit teen programs offered by the New York Public Libraries.

Here is a link that talks about the program (scroll down):

The End To Dear 'Diaries' Series

Here is a link that shows the tiara (scroll down):

My Sarah Palin Tiara is the Best! - Political Machine

I'm not so wild about her design, but I am pleased to see her working with such a great organization.

Let's hope that someone blind will attend the auction and finally buy it :whistling:

I don't think that Marie Chantal's is that bad! I mean, the Sarah Palin one was way worse, and that horrid make-up one!

Jajajaja!.
I could buy it but i don´t need buttons,but if it would be zippers...it is different

To be honest,I didn't understand why would anybody buy these tiaras?I mean for what purpose?Are they worth keeping them in a private collection or desplaying them in a gallery or something?Because the only thing I'm sure of is that these tiaras cannot be worn by anybody-except for the chance that one of this tiaras could be a good investment for the Carnival period,which is close :chicken: I mean,the organization will take the money for its purposes,but the person who will finally buy the tiara,what is he going to do with it? :whistling:

Iakynthi I can assure you none of those tiaras would be worn or seen in Rio´s Carnaval.
Like you, I don´t understand their purpose.

I don't know for sure, but I imagine that those who bid on these tiaras are doing it because they may be a fan of the designers and want to donate money. I would be really surprised if anyone actually wears these tiaras. They will probably end up in a drawer somewhere. IMO, the best thing that the bidders could do would be to donate the tiara back to the NY Public Library for their collections.

I would like to know if any of the designers (MC included) actually designed the tiaras themselves, or if they just came up with the concept.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought the designer of the Sarah Palin one had a great sense of humor.

As we are discussing MC's design abilities, I can share this link

Petite Alma Holiday Cards, Announcements & Invitations at Tiny Prints

It says that one of the first collections of Marie Chantal clothing was designed by a former designer of French brand Bonpoint (which is not a surprise to me, it is very much the same style in fact). In fact I've always thought that MC was better in business that in real creativity, but that's my impression.

Thank you for the link, Sita! I have also been under the impression that MC was more of the business force behind her label than the actual designer.

sgl,thanks for the links.MC is certainly very talented at the business-end.I read that her art work tends to be pop-art,not my favorite genre.

This week's hello magazine has a big article about Domino's baptism with lots of pictures of MC

Hi, I actually bought it last week. It is issue Number 1055 of HELLO January 20th, 2009

sgl,
Thanks for the article!:flowers: Julia Reed's article has got sarcastically catty comments aimed at Princess Marie-Chantal. Such comments make the article sound like an exchange of gossip between the authour and readers.

I love that Marie-Chantal has such good business sense. Then again, how could she not? :) Her boutiques are adorable, and it is good to see someone who doesn't just sit on their laurels simply because their father has money.

MandysR,you must be her best friend.I can't explain it otherwise :rolleyes:

Judging by your post, I apparently don't know her well enough? ;) Still, at least she's classy. Unlike the rubbish we get from Hollywood, etc. What is your view?

:welcome: My opinion?Seriously?I don't know,honestly.I just think that MC has professionals to design her clothes and she focuses mainly on the promotion of her business.I mean,she couldn't have time for everything,could she?On the other hand I respect her for having 5 kids-ok,she gets help,so what?-in my opinion,it's a great achievement,because it requires courage,loyalty and lots of love.And she surely has all the above qualities :flowers: She's a good mother and I never thought she's not a good person in general.No,she seems very sweet.What I don't like,though,is her tendency to present everything in her life perfect and herself the new type of the "Superwoman" ;) That's all.

Thanks for your thoughts, and the welcome. I have been a member for 2 years now, and I hardly get a chance to post. I hope to do more in the coming year.

:)

Mandy xox

As for the party, part of the fun of going to a dinner party is that it's a time when you can throw your diet to the wind and partake of the goodies your hostess is often serving for this purpose alone. While I do need to keep special dietary needs in consideration when I host a party (usually in a manner of a special plate for one or two guests) for the rest of the guests it's a night of liberation. And I'm thanked profusely. Probably why my dinner parties are always anticipated and well-attended. MC's menu is boring and not fun.

That is what I was thinking. To me, it seemed like she was extending her diet to her guests. Now, it could very well have been that all of her guests were on the same diet, and thus expected to be served that type of food; however, judging by the tone of the article, I doubt it. At least the children were served a meal of pasta, and not this sparse cuisine.

Be aware that the RSVP book by Nan Kempner was published in 2000, and that the lunch with MC was held in NY some months before, when little Constantine was 6 months old (as it is said in the book).
As it was a ladies lunch, with mostly young mothers (including Alexandra von F), the theme of the lunch was "diet" ; you can actually see MC and Alex with little pregnacy bellies on the pictures ! :ohmy:
So in the recent article there is no insider view about how MC tortures her guests with ridiculous dishes ; I actually did some of the recipes, and it was nice (the grapes gaspacho, and the corn-feta souffle). Don't say I'm telling this because the actual cook was a French man ! :angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom