Pavlos and Marie-Chantal current events 6: January 2008 - November 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the photos, Iceflower! I also noticed that Pavlos looks like he might have a cut or something on his upper lip. He looks like he might be trying to cover it in the first photo. They both look happy in the photos. This looks like it was a lovely date night for the couple.

How pleased some members would be if Marie Chantal's little empire of nine shops failed. But it hasn't, and it appears to be quite a successful and expanding business venture. Maybe that's the problem for some people.

That would be a very unfair assessment about how some of us feel.
It wouldn't make any difference (at least to me) if MC becomes the next Coco Chanel for tots or remains with 9 shops.
Some are not in awe of the lady but will never wish ill on her. There is a
big difference.

I definitely agree with Odette on the above.
Expressing my reservations towards the supposed-to-be superwoman which joggles with success and exceptional capacity different everyday tasks that other women hardly ever manage to conclude and on the same time be on the first line of the social scene doesn't mean that I feel badly for her or wish her bad lack or wait for her to make the wrong step in order to be satisfied...

The problem is not MC's business... not her family, her personal choices or what she has created by her own efforts. The "problem", to better put it, the issue is that MC had the big problems that an average young person today faces and has to resolve in order to survive already resolved (high financial status), she did not have to work hard in order to build a fortune, she found it all ready, waiting for her to enjoy it. She didn't spend her 20's or 30's studying hard to get a degree or a master, go to the market, to interviews, face rejections, disapprovements, obstacles...
When she married Pavlos at the age of 27, she had a luxurious wedding, she bought a luxurious house in NY and a farm in Connecticut with the money that her father had made. It was not the money she had made. She began working because she wanted to have an occupation just to keep in form and have a healthy balance in her life (her own words from Point de Vue, July 2004).
OK, she has limits, she knows how to enjoy her fortune without unnecessary excesses, she followed her dreams for a family and a work but ...I think that MC doesn't do something different from what does the vast majority of women around the world... and these women do not have MC's huge trust from their fathers...

Anyway... In greek Hello of this week, there is an interview of MC about the opening of the new store. I translate.

- Welcome from your holidays. Were you in Greece?
Yes and I had some wonderful relaxing days with my family.

- Your son Aristidis Stavros was baptised in August. How is he as a character?
He is 14 months, incredibly smart, sweet, affectionate, and enough independent. I think that when you have many kids, the youngers develop a stronger personality because they have so many siblings to compete.

- Would you like to have another child?
I have my business and a huge family of five kids. My family has been concluded. I always wanted five kids. I feel perfect. I design children's clothes, I have my kids, everything is in harmony.

-Have you designed the store? It seems like a doll's house.
We wanted to make it special. There is somothing so sweet in children's clothes! We wanted it to look like Wendy's house....

- Where is prince Pavlos today?
He is working but this was a day only for women. All my friends came to support me and buy. It is very important for me because I know how busy they are.

- How do you combine motherhood and business?
I am lucky because my office is 2' from my house, so I can go my kids to school, return for the food and on the same time focus on my job. I have found a healthy balance.

Interesting interview,Emmeleia.Thanks for sharing it with us!"Healthy balance" sounds more realistic.Generally,she sounded more down-to-earth this time.

That would be a very unfair assessment about how some of us feel.
I'd bet the house that some members here would be positively gloating if MC's business (or marriage) went bust.

When she married Pavlos at the age of 27, she had a luxurious wedding, she bought a luxurious house in NY and a farm in Connecticut with the money that her father had made. It was not the money she had made. She began working because she wanted to have an occupation just to keep in form and have a healthy balance in her life (her own words from Point de Vue, July 2004).

I thought the house in NY City belonged to her parents. But then again I remember her trying to sell it when they moved to London so I don't know. For the sake of the kids, I certainly don't want to see her marriage fail.

But Emmeleia, why is it a problem if she was born rich and had all the advantages? Many like her, turn to drugs, wild spending, live empty futile lives. So, she had privileges? Should she feel ashamed for it, contrite for it? I think for a woman "who had everything in her plate" she has done remarkably well. She is not certainly a Paris Hilton to name just one.

Exactly Carmina Stalker, what I find interesting is that even when you have so many gifts (as MC), what makes you happy and balanced is just what "the vast majority of women around the world" do (Emmeleia's words) : family, work, couple. And that is pretty good news, even if we vast majority of us do not have a $$$ wedding and a $$$$$ house with 5 kids.

Carminha Stalker and Sita,
I am particularly glad that you respond to my thoughts even though we may not coincide. Regards from Greece!!!

I do not say that it's a problem if MC was born rich.
MC's billions are just an issue because due to them, her life has many many comforts and an exceptional spectre of choices.
Metaphorically speaking, she runs with a Ferrari, while others run with Fiat and others go on foot. Who goes first to reach the goal? It's not the fault/problem of the Ferrari driver if she goes first, she had the best means to win...
I am trying though to say (and explain myself) that I don't admire her for managing to run a house, a business, be a good housewife, businesswoman and socialite princess, etc. as I think that the billions certainly do miracles to a large extent, they make life more easy and everything is flowing, remember?.... The majority of women do all this because c'est la vie and they don't get any credit for their hard work, why shoud get MC?
However, I respect her way of thinking and acting!._
Yes, she has limits and she knows how to keep in balance and think in a creative way(and that is what I find interesting in her life and I follow her). That's for sure. You are absolutely right about the many rich and famous, their empty useless lives and the flirt with drugs. But all these people din not have problems in their growing up?

OK, she knows how to manage her money but she had an exceptional role model for this, her father who made a fortune out of nothing. Her parents did not grow up in super rich families. I think that's the secret in MC's case, she was taught to have limits and values and respect them, she lived in balance as a child and managed to create it in her own family.

I remember her in an interview in the greek Life and Style saying that her parents taught her values that she wants to teach also to her own kids, that money is a power you have to respect and that she is not an experience hunter but she loves a calm life.

I'd bet the house that some members here would be positively gloating if MC's business (or marriage) went bust.
:flowers:
Goodness I am the gambling type and still would not want to bet the
house on anything like that.:ROFLMAO:
Still I agree with most everything Emmeilia said.
For me it extends to something beyond MCs upbringing and successes.
I like her sense of style but her willingness to sit down with every media
outlet that is ready to speak with her, imho, is so contrary to what a
princess (even through marriage) should be.
There was a time when they made the newspapers when they were born, married and when they passed. These days MC is all over the place talking too much about what is going on in her life.
There are barriers in the royal world that have been taken down in the last few years. Having a princess involved in a retail business is a bit more than I can tolerate at this point. Perhaps in another generation things will become more democratic but for my royal family, I'd prefer that they stay royal for as long as it is possible.:flowers:

Odette, the reason the barriers were taken down is that the world is now a village due to the rapidity which we receive news and want to know more about many subjects. If people are interested in MC it´s because she is an interesting person, a beautiful woman, who happened tyo marry a prince, a modern person and mother. Maybe people are not so interested in other royal persons.
You speak of times when princesses just made the news when they were born etc..If it were still like that we wouldn´t be here in this forum, because there would be very few things if naught to discuss. Thanks to God times have changed, so we have the opportunity to be here and get to know so many people and discuss so many topics.
Just think, if MC stayed at home and just lived a social life, she certainly would be put down for it.
Let´s be fair, this woman is not allowed anything at all!!!!!

I agree with you so very much,it's so hard for some people to accept MC's success,each one for their own reasons :flowers:

I really like the fact that Marie-Chantal seems to place a lot of importance on spending as much time as possible with all of her children, together as a family. She seems to be an excellent mother.

Out of the blue there have been a few posts attacking Marie Chantal for reasons totally unrelated to her current events.
As those posts have no relevance to the thread topic, they have been removed.

Warren
Greek RF moderator

Pic 14.10.2009

Princess Marie-Chantal and Prince Pavlos of Greece attend the
Tatler 300th Anniversary Party, at Lancaster House on October
14, 2009 in London, England.

-----> Pic

Thank you so much once again to iceflower who always makes me happy by finding and posting always again new photos of my favourite Greek royals :flowers:
Forgot to add that it´s such a relief to me that MC and Pavlos are still married and a loving couple.

Well, technically, they aren't Royals as Greece has abolished the monarchy.
I see the marriage of Pavlos and Marie-Chantal as a business arrangement, his family gets the cash, she gets the cushy title.

Sorry, but my views on the Greek "Royals" have changed. When you pretend to love Greece and it's customs so much, but deny one of your family members to actually marry a Greek because they are rather penniless, then you tend to lose respect. Or you should. :)

Do you know personally such a denial or you talk about rumors circulating for years?

Last edited by a moderator:
Odette, the reason the barriers were taken down is that the world is now a village due to the rapidity which we receive news and want to know more about many subjects. If people are interested in MC it´s because she is an interesting person, a beautiful woman, who happened tyo marry a prince, a modern person and mother. Maybe people are not so interested in other royal persons.
You speak of times when princesses just made the news when they were born etc..If it were still like that we wouldn´t be here in this forum, because there would be very few things if naught to discuss. Thanks to God times have changed, so we have the opportunity to be here and get to know so many people and discuss so many topics.
Just think, if MC stayed at home and just lived a social life, she certainly would be put down for it.
Let´s be fair, this woman is not allowed anything at all!!!!!

First off congratulations for getting the Olympics.
Then back to the topic. I beg to differ with some of the claims on this post.
There are threads here that still talk and discuss Kings and Princes who have been dead and buried for a long time now,and somehow they still interest royal watchers today.
What some of us find unroyal is the constant publicity and less royal picture MC projects.
If we step back and assume the Greek Monarchy would be reinstated tomorrow and MC becomes the next Queen, there is precious little if any accomplishments of hers to be discussed in comparison to her predecessors. What everyone talks about is her fashion sense, which I agree is very well honed and succesful, however there is nothing else except her own claims and the gorgeous photos the family takes.
MC has no problem being referred to as CP of Greece which is an oxymoron term in her case and at the same time advertise her business pursuits.
Lastly, royalty lasted that long because of the mystery and aura that surrounded it. The more the barriers are removed and the walls are lowered the more they become celebrities and less royal.
IMHO the MC watchers and admirers always focus on her appearances whether finely orchestrated or not and base their opinions on them.

Well, technically, they aren't Royals as Greece has abolished the monarchy.
I see the marriage of Pavlos and Marie-Chantal as a business arrangement, his family gets the cash, she gets the cushy title.

Sorry, but my views on the Greek "Royals" have changed. When you pretend to love Greece and it's customs so much, but deny one of your family members to actually marry a Greek because they are rather penniless, then you tend to lose respect. Or you should. :)

The King, Queen and their children have been born royals and their titles are for life. They neither purchased nor did they "marry" into them.
Sorry you changed your views about them but I think your reasons for it are baseless. They have never shown any signs of not loving Greece and it's customs. Quite the contrary.
There has never been a case where one of them was denied to be allowed to be married because the Greek was "penniless" There are a lot of Greek heiresses who happen to be much richer than MC, if money was the objective.

Princess Marie-Chantal and Prince Pavlos of Greece in London -----> Pic
They look great once again!And happy.I don't believe a 14-year-old marriage could ever be based on an arrangement,as a member said above.We can all have our own opinions,of course :flowers:

Thanks for the congratulations, Beltraneja.
Unfortunately we cannot expect to have the same mystique old royalty had. The world changes constantly and the events of history and modernity make and even oblige royals to modify their ways. Our own Imperial family is very much respected in my country because they all work and pursue their lives in a normal way. Even the British royal family had to change , and we are talking of one of the most conventional royalties in the world.
I don´t think for a minute that Pavlos and MC demean his family.I think many people love them as they are and want to see their photographs and read about them. I also think it´s highly unlikely (even though I wish it would happen) that they´ll ever be king and queen of Greece.

:previous: The issue imho is that once upon a time history was being learnt by reading books.
Nowdays "historical" figures are being judged by the height of their skirts and the depth of their cleavage. Whether we like it or not, those who married into royal families (whether reigning or not) should play the role that alliance and new status allowed them to take on.
Even some royals need to earn a living and if they do it in a quiet manner that does not turn the title into a magnet for the snobs to attach to, that is great.
However masquerading as a royal highness while trying to capitalize on the title on Main Street is not that becoming.
Still, I accept that some love to see their favourite princesses on the covers on glossy magazines, I just do not seem to agree with their view.:flowers:

Photo

They look great once again!And happy.I don't believe a 14-year-old marriage could ever be based on an arrangement,as a member said above.We can all have our own opinions,of course :flowers:

Great photo - They both loook amazing - but does anyone know what the black thing is on the floor in front of them in the photo? It's driving me nuts not to know. Thank you.

Another photo from Tatler Magazine's 300th Anniversary:
http://i337.photobucket.com/albums/n374/royalmb/mc/mcandpavlostatler101409hellooct2620.jpg
Photo from Hello magazine Oct. 26, 2009

Pavlos and Marie-Chantal at Claridge's Hotel to celebrate the opening of US Designer Dennis Basso's in-store boutique at Harrod's, Oct. 15 or Oct. 16, 2009.

http://i337.photobucket.com/albums/n374/royalmb/mc/basso_blogoct162009.jpg
photo from here: Blasblog: Dennis Basso Goes To London: style file: daily fashion, party, and model news

http://i337.photobucket.com/albums/n374/royalmb/mc/mcandpavlosoct162009claridgeshotel.jpg
photo from Hello magazine Nov. 9, 2009

Thanks for updates on activities of Prince and Princess Pavlos! It is always a pleasure to see them making public appearances.

One of the things that I really like about this couple is that they seem to do a lot of things together. They are almost always participating in events as a couple, not just individually. It is so lovely to see, especially after nearly 15 years of marriage.

Pics 4.11.2009

This time Marie Chantal obviously went out alone ;)

Princess Marie-Chantel of Greece arrives for the The Italian
Touch book launch reception, at Tod's Old Bond Street,
London. November 4, 2009.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom